Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah just saw those sales reported too... thought either some crazy market manipulation going on geared at striking fear into our poor little LLLL hearts or someone just got some greatttt deals on many of them.

•••
What the hell. Must of been a nice bulk deal for someone. Hold your 4L.coms people.

•••
I had some nice end user sales, definitely not letting them go, whatever the resale prices may be.

•••
It could be ShortNames bug...

Shortnames shows, for example, QIVT.com sold at $150, while if you click on it and go to enames, it shows that it is still in auction with 19 hours to go and current price of around $150...

http://auction.ename.com/domain/auction/81pev52v9gw8

•••
pretty good names I would have paid easily $250+ for. Looks like a weakening market over past few weeks:S

•••
•••
•••
what is going on? shortnames.com/llll/charts shows the price has dropped to 126?

•••
They took stats from domains that are still in auction as sold? Anyway:

cehe.com 7,003 USD 2017-06-08 NameJet
elek.com 4,376 USD 2017-06-08 DropCatch
nufi.com 4,029 USD 2017-06-08 GoDaddy
ffrr.com 3,003 USD 2017-06-08 NameJet
kovy.com 2,750 USD 2017-06-08 NameJet

•••
I just saw a bunch of 4L sold from $59 to $150 on Ename.
Someone got a major deal there.

It looks like there were 105 LLLL.com auctions on Ename ending June 7/8, which is much more than usual for the platform. Without looking into whois history I'd guess it was probably one seller unloading a portfolio, and the higher supply might explain the lower prices. While 1 auction looks to have finished at $59, the next lowest was $132, and 94 of 105 were all over $150.

It could be ShortNames bug...

Shortnames shows, for example, QIVT.com sold at $150, while if you click on it and go to enames, it shows that it is still in auction with 19 hours to go and current price of around $150...

http://auction.ename.com/domain/auction/81pev52v9gw8

There isn't a bug on our end, but their auction system does have some peculiarities that I don't fully understand as I have not used the platform as a buyer or seller. The way our system tracks the sales is to watch all the auctions as they finish and record the last price for those with reserves met. Sometimes at Ename, an auction will end and then the domain will show up again the next day in another auction (different ID#) at the same price. Perhaps they allow auctions to be extended after the fact?? In these cases we keep the second recorded price and remove the first one. For the domain in question, QIVT.com, our database shows 2 different auctions ended on 6/7 and 6/8, both at the same time of day and price of 1040 RMB ($153).

This occurs on many Ename auctions and not just on this recent batch of lower sales.

what is going on? shortnames.com/llll/charts shows the price has dropped to 126?

Not sure where you're seeing that? The chart is based on the 5th percentile for a rolling 7 day period, so with the large number of low-priced Ename auctions mentioned above, that has currently dropped to $150. These sales could very well be an anomaly due large supply and lack of buyers on Ename. If prices overall remain stable then the chart will reflect that as soon as this batch of sales is not in the 7 day window.

•••
Domain investors are smart.....In the past few days, Namebio reported sales of 4L .com has completely dried up. I think 4L .com investors are quick to put them back in the bag until prices rise some. :)

Personally, I'm not selling any right now. If I did, I could still profit, but I think prices will be slightly higher later.

•••
•••
are they crashing or what? cause im no 4l.com expert.. but been keeping eye on prices as I hold a few....

I also ask cause I'm sitting on a 3.5k net offr for next 17 hours... from serious buyer... for some average (but no jkvc random stuff) nonchips.. that I did plan to keep for long time.. cause I only own 9x 4l.com total...

bough them round 300ea... so this will be less roi than I hoped for down the line... like 1.4k

any of you good people can suggest if I should keep or release?..... would be appreciated.. from the more pro 4l.com people here..

ezyt
cvry
nudv
rveg
tixw
vpum
byej

Last edited:
•••
Your domains are worth less than what you bought them for. If the offer is valid, sell! (and give me contact to the buyer! ;) )

•••
Your domains are worth less than what you bought them for. If the offer is valid, sell! (and give me contact to the buyer! ;) )

yes I know they are worth less than $300 now.
my question I guess was more along the lines.. what do you think will happen to their value in future ;) I don't own 100 4l.com .. only 9.. so I don't mind a bit of risk and hold.. any more thoughts?

or put differently, I think the only way to go ahead with such a sale now, would be if one indeed would believe things are crashing.. hence my question.. if crashing ;)

thanks
cheers

Last edited:
•••
yes I know they are worth less than $300 now.
my question I guess was more along the lines.. what do you think will happen to their value in future ;) I don't own 100 4l.com .. only 9.. so I don't mind a bit of risk and hold.. any more thoughts?

or put differently, I think the only way to go ahead with such a sale now, would be if one indeed would believe things are crashing.. hence my question.. if crashing ;)

thanks
cheers

Sell the 7 for $3.5K and then restock with 10 of similar/better quality for $3K.

•••
any of you good people can suggest if I should keep or release?..... would be appreciated.. from the more pro 4l.com people here..
ezyt
cvry
nudv
rveg
tixw
vpum
byej

IMO.

To me the safest play at the moment is to keep 4L that have more upside (CVCV, Western, Pronounceable).

In that list only "ezyt" could be considered pronounceable. All the others are riskier to keep. They will follow the market value and won't really have their own "potential value".

•••
It's hard to say. After 2008 when the market started sliding down some clever investors picked up LLL.com's for 3k, sometimes even under. I remember for example Stian, a forum member, doing it and later he sold the same ones in the $xx,xxx region. This time the problem is not economy but 1. the Chinese backing out and investing for example into cryptocurrencies 2. the mess around the domain extensions. Both needs time to settle down. Chinese investors will not be all gone but the speculators will be. At 3k the Chips was overpriced, at 1k it might be reasonable, time will tell. This has an effect on the whole market. The dust needs to settle around the new extensions as well. Domainers and end users need to realize what's valuable what's not. It's not an easy but an interesting time to be a domainer.

•••
are they crashing or what?
Maybe, but even if so, its likely temporary. .com is king and is going nowhere. Price might be down but value isnt. if anything, buy more now. Dont get bluffed out by these temporary price fluctuations.

•••
These things come in waves. 4L will bounce back.

•••
is anyone here actually selling their 4l.com on gd 7 day auctions?
say 1$ start.. no reserve.. are you paying the extra $20 for front page?

is it safe to say that even after their 20%, one could stil get more than on namepros with no fee?

Im talkin about non chips.. but meaningful good potential abbreviations... so not quite the random qjkv stuff

I have like 10 left and wouldn't mind selling all and use money for something else.. but I'd still need my profit margins as I bought them all in the 200-300 range. cheers.
thanks!

If you are planning for 7 day auction then front page will not help. You should invest in reserve . Without putting reserve price you will end up losing money. IMO

•••
All via Sedo this week:

epxt.com 8,687 USD
giji.com 6,069 USD
ethx.com 5,000 USD
ftvi.com 2,988 USD
waiw.com 2,000 USD
teee.com 2,000 USD

•••
•••
Chaomi (last 2 days)

cpbf.com $4.950
zfjs.com $5.000
tdxx.com $8.300

•••
NameJet:

weis.com $16,200

It seems the previous owner, Weis Markets, let it expire. Pretty big supermarket chain, so surely a mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back