Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well market is reacting based on manipulations.
Grab few more chips this week at low level and has not sold any since last few months, lol may be i m crazy..

•••
There is chip for 1.65k BIN on this very forum. If you are so sure, why not buy and make 1k profit within weeks?

•••
There is a chip (more like western premium consonants only) that I plan to bid up to 4k, there are chips I won't pay $500 if I am to hold it for some time.

•••
4l.com chips are now down to 10,300 RMB at time of writing.

I wrote a little time back that I wondered if the 10k RMB floor mark would be breached, I guess we're going to find out very soon one way or the other. (To be clear a number of sales have already been reported below this level in recent days, i'm mentioning the floor price quoted on chaomi)

I think the Chinese investors are either out of the market for a sustained period or they are deliberately manipulating prices to get sellers to panic and liquidate for anything. Either way I think there is genuine risk of some serious panic soon if things don't pick up. I really hope this doesn't happen to investors here holding and things pick up again soon!

•••
Chinese investors own 75% of all CHIP LLLL.coms and a very large percent of LL.com, LLL.com, LLLLL.com and numbers. They have owned them, mostly, for years. It is short term speculators who are out of the market, or perhaps getting out.

The guys that want a instant 10X ROI will not be back, nor should we care. Long term investors, Chinese and others, aren't going anywhere. If the internet grows as expected enormous pressure will come on short .Com domains over the next decade.

•••
Chinese investors own 75% of all CHIP LLLL.coms and a very large percent of LL.com, LLL.com, LLLLL.com and numbers. They have owned them, mostly, for years. It is short term speculators who are out of the market, or perhaps getting out.

The guys that want a instant 10X ROI will not be back, nor should we care. Long term investors, Chinese and others, aren't going anywhere. If the internet grows as expected enormous pressure will come on short .Com domains over the next decade.

Where is the stats about Chinese owning 75% of 160000 llll.com chips coming from?

•••
Chinese investors have done very well, price will go up when they have all.
and we will not be able to buy from them

nice Job

•••
A rough check of 45 randomly drawn LLLL letter combos. Actually I got a little higher, rounded it down. Check for yourself - ename, 22.cn dominate CHIP regs.

There is a chart of LLLLL.com registrys in the LLLLL/ 7N thread, it listed Godaddy as the #3 or #4 registrar for LLLLL.com, the rest China.

•••
A rough check of 45 randomly drawn LLLL letter combos. Actually I got a little higher, rounded it down. Check for yourself - ename, 22.cn dominate CHIP regs.

There is a chart of LLLLL.com registrys in the LLLLL/ 7N thread, it listed Godaddy as the #3 or #4 registrar for LLLLL.com, the rest China.

How did you randomize your llll.coms?

You realize 45 is not sufficient to draw conclusion even if you properly randomized?

•••
100% of 4L .com are registered in China!

I did look at one LLLL .com chip and it is registered with enom.

•••
Of course 45 is waaaay too small a sample. But it was enough to convince me that the majority, by far, are in China. I drew letters from a cup to randomize.

There are problems comparing LLLLL to LLLL, in particular because most are recent regs. But someone posted the list of LLLLL.com registrars a couple weeks ago. I cannot find it anymore, but I copied it, here are the top 8
5 L .com registrars:
1072500 ename
599368 Net.CN
345185 22.CN
120485 Godaddy
91544 Biz.CN
90943 UniRegistry
70574 Xinnet(China)
44051 West.CN

Looks like 90% Chinese, more or less.

•••
Just finished checking random 50 4L.COM. About 60% belongs to Chinese registrars.

•••
Of course 45 is waaaay too small a sample. But it was enough to convince me that the majority, by far, are in China. I drew letters from a cup to randomize.

There are problems comparing LLLLL to LLLL, in particular because most are recent regs. But someone posted the list of LLLLL.com registrars a couple weeks ago. I cannot find it anymore, but I copied it, here are the top 8
5 L .com registrars:
1072500 ename
599368 Net.CN
345185 22.CN
120485 Godaddy
91544 Biz.CN
90943 UniRegistry
70574 Xinnet(China)
44051 West.CN

Looks like 90% Chinese, more or less.
45/160000....

•••
If anybody knows how to search TheDomains.com, George Kirkos posted the count of Chinese owners of LL.com a few months ago, I remember it being a large number, well over 100.

Somebody with the tech can run a registrar count on LLLL.coms to get the exact number, I am not going to do it drawing letters from a cup.

•••
It has now breached 10k RMB and chaomi shows the floor at 9,999.
Worrying times for holders, let's hope it picks up soon!

•••
I
Worrying times for holders, let's hope it picks up soon!

it will only pick up, if some so called investors from China discover that he has too much money, and wants to buy 4 letter .com-s and fast.

•••
And why would someone buy fast at $1500 a random LLLL.com chip?

Random LLLL.com chip has the same 1-2% sale rate, unless someone provides data proving otherwise, as the normal good name portfolios, at $2000-$4000 end user price tag net after fees. Let's say average of $3,000.

If you invest $150,000 and buy 100 of them, you'll be making even at 2% $6,000 minus $1000 of renewals that leaves you with $5,000 profit or around 3%/year return on your investment. That is nothing spectacular.

You are better off buying stock index with good chance that you'll average 5-10% return over few years without having to deal with renewals, sales etc.

If most investors expect at least 6% return on their investment, the prices for random LLLL.coms need to be around $700-800 with higher prices justified only for names that can reasonably be expected to sell at $5000-20000 range.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I stopped at $530... My rule now is 90% of time stop when it turns into two way bidding...

actually you were bidding against BuyDomains but it was another guy that came and snagged the domain...

•••
•••
•••
SnapNames:

fshn.com $3,203 (same bidder of optr.com. Payment pending)

•••
NameJet:

ysrk.com $1,550 (jinmi.com)
dcbl.com $1,725

we are probably seeing a market bottom for the next 3 months

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back