Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Completely agree Samit -- I see no benefit to using a bad LLL.com for a site unless your site is catering to domainers.

I paid about a 20% premium over minimum for bqb.com back when I bought that -- I would think anyone in the market for an LLL.com could afford to go at least 20% above minimum and get something decent. If it's going to be one's domainer token, at least have it being a domain you can be proud of.

Samit said:
I don't know about this. If I was starting a new site, a cvcv or a pronounceable llll.com is more appealing than a crappy lll.com.

Its not like a crappy lll.com is going to create a major difference in respect, most web surfers don't know or couldn't care less about the perceived value of the domain, only domainers or webmasters do.

At least imho.

snoop said:
Frankly though there is a few things about this (LLL.com) market that is clear,

-The very worst quality combinations have outperformed the high quality combinations over the last 7 years by a large degree.

-Even since the current domain bust started I think the lower quality LLL.com have still done better than the high quality names.

-Both LLL.com and LLLL.com are very similar beasts, if you think LLL.com is going to do badly you probably shouldn't be anywhere near LLLL.com either. People buy them both for very similar motivations and the participants in both markets often overlap. In short LLLL.com has all the same problems that LLL.com has.

Low quality ones were doing better until recently -- they're down more now than triple premium LLL.coms. Minimum wholesale peaked at roughly $7800, triple premiums at about $18000. I haven't seen a really terrible premium LLL.com auction recently, however I'd imagine the minimum would be somewhere around $7000. Minimum wholesale on LLL.coms is about $2800 -- premium LLL.coms retaining about 39% of their value and bad LLL.coms retaining about 36% of their value. When you consider that triple premium (and other higher quality LLL.coms) started falling well before bad LLL.coms did, the recently poor performance of bad LLL.coms is made all the more significant.

•••
I hope I'm in the right thread :)

All LLLL.com sales (eBay) today:

KXHI $10.50
KVIY $15.50
KUWQ $11.00
KSQN $9.99
KRZV $11.00
KRXD $9.99
WNZI $9.99
WJVH $9.99
WIQM $9.99
WFQW $9.99
WCFQ $11.00
WBQR $9.99
IQSY $14.50
XPUD $46.00
IQKZ $8.50
IQZS $8.50
IQZW $4.25 (whoops)
ATQV $11.50
AQZV $10.50
AQXV $10.50
AQVX $10.50
AQVQ $41.00 (why this one so high out of the AQ** names?)
AQVK $9.68
AQVF $10.50
AQJV $10.51
APQV $19.50
LTZU $15.49
VFJD $12.51
MPVB $19.50
HJXF $13.02
BZFW $17.70
AUQM $15.50
PYYA $91.50
XVTX $11.50

Pack of 2 LLLL.com (GFYN & GJKU) sold for $32.01 (about $16 ea)

~

As ecalc pointed out in the 'LLLL.com Under $50' thread, you can grab these two awesome LLLL.com domains: NUNS.com & SPAM.com, as well as several other premium domains such as Stunt.com, Vow.com, Use.com, Rabbi.com, Sweat.com all in the same package deal for $3000. eBay Item #170305747360
(to any new people reading this, please do not bid on it)

Last edited:
•••
-REECE- said:
Low quality ones were doing better until recently -- they're down more now than triple premium LLL.coms. Minimum wholesale peaked at roughly $7800, triple premiums at about $18000. I haven't seen a really terrible premium LLL.com auction recently, however I'd imagine the minimum would be somewhere around $7000. Minimum wholesale on LLL.coms is about $2800 -- premium LLL.coms retaining about 39% of their value and bad LLL.coms retaining about 36% of their value. When you consider that triple premium (and other higher quality LLL.coms) started falling well before bad LLL.coms did, the recently poor performance of bad LLL.coms is made all the more significant.

In my view the current domain bust started at the end of 2007 and was really obvious by January 2008. I think the low quality LLL.com have done better than higher quality ones as they actually rose quite a lot between the end of 2007 and mid 2008 (from $6000 to $7600).

Agree they have done worse than the premiums lately, but the premiums started sliding months before. Personally I think the peak for the bad ones was approx $7600 which translates to a retained value of 37% if you take the minimum now as $2800 (which I think is about right).

•••
I don't consider BQB min. wholesale material tbh.

Its a nice brandable double premium with repeating letters.

I think you got a bargain, then and even now, comparable names just dont get sold that often.

•••
xsls (.) com - 200$
Sold to end-user from China

•••
Ergo said:
xsls (.) com - 200$
you enduser magnet you.. :sold: :xf.love:

•••
Ergo said:
xsls (.) com - 200$
Be sure to refer him to my xlss.com for me! (for tiny commission of course)

Toilet Monster said:
you enduser magnet you.. :sold: :xf.love:
Yea he is %%-

•••
tirn.com $421 (NJ)
raty.com $835 (NJ)

•••
EG.domains said:
tirn.com $421 (NJ)
raty.com $835 (NJ)

Tirn is an awesome domain! too bad i cant use namejet :( would have paid more!

•••
Toilet Monster said:
Tirn is an awesome domain! too bad i cant use namejet :( would have paid more!

I agree with you here! I really like Tirn as well, considering that it was created in 1999 it really did go for cheap. Just to add I got Oirn.com

Last edited:
•••
Today on TDNX:

zglo.com $36
yrvu.com $27
bgkw.com $25
ndxa.com $31
mxkz.com $20
renewals have been added

Today on Namejet:

grdg.com $300
bguo.com $79

•••
All LLLL.com sales (eBay) today:

SKZU $26.00
HJEQ $11.65
VBFH $12.59
AKQY $12.00
GRJE $13.51
TFDQ $13.49
DOGH $300.00
VQGQ $6.50
FXEE $105.00
KVGJ $6.17
BVTZ $10.51
RSXR $15.50
KUOV $25.00
VCVL $20.50

~

•••
a newbie question here: how can you expose your domain to the auction? I have over 50 domains on sedo but nobody click in the last one year

•••
Ergo said:
xsls (.) com - 200$

Do you approach to potential buyers with your own offer or do you get offers from them??

And crongats...goood sale

•••
deadzoners said:
a newbie question here: how can you expose your domain to the auction? I have over 50 domains on sedo but nobody click in the last one year

You can post here at NamePros in the external auctions threads, list the price point at which you'd be willing to push the name(s) to auction.

Here's a site that will do the same (for a small fee):
http://www.pushtoauction.com/

Try putting attractive prices on your names at Sedo, too. It's tough to get seen in the midst of 8 or 9 million domain names, though.

One thing I wouldn't do is pay for premium listings there. I tried it a few times without much success.

Good luck.

•••
-REECE- said:
Completely agree Samit -- I see no benefit to using a bad LLL.com for a site unless your site is catering to domainers.

I paid about a 20% premium over minimum for bqb.com back when I bought that -- I would think anyone in the market for an LLL.com could afford to go at least 20% above minimum and get something decent. If it's going to be one's domainer token, at least have it being a domain you can be proud of.

Does anyone know what percentage of LLL.COM's are owned by End-Users?
...or have actual websites?

•••
I've seen a lot of people throw around numbers, however I've never seen any accurate data on that myself. Some people have run scans looking at the nameservers (whether the domain is parked or not) or whether the domain resolves. Plenty of domainers have their own mini-sites (eg. Nucom.com) and some endusers might have bought domains to protect their mark, haven't gotten around to developing the domain yet, etc -- not sure how accurate any method would be other than doing a large random sample of LLL.com whois queries, and then you still have to deal with uncertainty surrounding private registrations.

SDX said:
Does anyone know what percentage of LLL.COM's are owned by End-Users?
...or have actual websites?

•••
-REECE- said:
I've seen a lot of people throw around numbers, however I've never seen any accurate data on that myself. Some people have run scans looking at the nameservers (whether the domain is parked or not) or whether the domain resolves. Plenty of domainers have their own mini-sites (eg. Nucom.com) and some endusers might have bought domains to protect their mark, haven't gotten around to developing the domain yet, etc -- not sure how accurate any method would be other than doing a large random sample of LLL.com whois queries, and then you still have to deal with uncertainty surrounding private registrations.

Thanks Reece...imho ALL LLL.COM's are precious...just have a "soft spot" in my heart for 'em! ;)
But now onto our BELOVED LLLL.COM's... :tu:

•••
I see a lot of upside to good 4 l coms
Certainly a lot more so than good 4 l nets

I really think its a great time to invest in quality 4 l coms for future profits - its possible now to flip for profits but for longer term profits now is a great time to buy imo

•••
Well I thought I had an enduser for one of my LLLL.coms until I received this reply:

"I told you that's more than we think it's worth. Buying up domain names and selling them at 300 times what you bought them for is not only what I see as dirty, but I think it's extortion.

Thanks for "thinking" of us but we'll keep what we've got."

This is the first time I have ever received an email like this. Usually they counter offer with a lower price or they don't reply. He actually was ticked off that I wouldn't sell him the name for $10.

Any thoughts?

Today on TDNX:

fiyl.com $31
fciy.com $20
pkpf.com $30
lnex.com $61
lhgp.com $144
gpys.com $75
gkjm.com $20
renewals have been added

Last edited:
•••
FantasyCombine said:
Well I thought I had an enduser for one of my LLLL.coms until I received this reply:

"I told you that's more than we think it's worth. Buying up domain names and selling them at 300 times what you bought them for is not only what I see as dirty, but I think it's extortion.

Thanks for "thinking" of us but we'll keep what we've got."

This is the first time I have ever received an email like this. Usually they counter offer with a lower price or they don't reply. He actually was ticked off that I wouldn't sell him the name for $10.

Any thoughts?

I had this once too.. the guy asked his IT department (so it was a big company) what a LLLL.net in that case, was worth.. and replied with a similar answer with max $30 for the name. It was a quad premium pronouncable so I told him to get lost.

Some people just done appreciate this business, better not to deal with them, just leave them be.

•••
Toilet Monster said:
I had this once too.. the guy asked his IT department (so it was a big company) what a LLLL.net in that case, was worth.. and replied with a similar answer with max $30 for the name. It was a quad premium pronouncable so I told him to get lost.

Some people just done appreciate this business, better not to deal with them, just leave them be.

I get those from time to time as well. Makes me mad sometimes because even when I try to counter with something just a little higher than what I paid for it, I get a backlash of negative comments, threats of lawsuits, etc. Most people don't understand that there is an aftermarket for domains; they figure if they can't get it at a registrar then you must be a registrar also.

•••
ebatcave said:
I get those from time to time as well. Makes me mad sometimes because even when I try to counter with something just a little higher than what I paid for it, I get a backlash of negative comments, threats of lawsuits, etc. Most people don't understand that there is an aftermarket for domains; they figure if they can't get it at a registrar then you must be a registrar also.

Yea try to explain to them that your LLL.com is worth $10k instead of $20.
I usually dont bother in cases like that and simply ignore them.

•••
Toilet Monster said:
Yea try to explain to them that your LLL.com is worth $10k instead of $20.
I usually dont bother in cases like that and simply ignore them.

I replied back with a list of sales from last year. I also compared it with the real estate market. Turning a 100 acre piece of land into 100 one acre lots and selling them for $50,000 per acre......etc.etc.

He just seemed like a hothead from the get-go !! To much stress for me !!
:D

•••
FantasyCombine said:
I replied back with a list of sales from last year. I also compared it with the real estate market. Turning a 100 acre piece of land into 100 one acre lots and selling them for $50,000 per acre......etc.etc.

He just seemed like a hothead from the get-go !! To much stress for me !!
:D

Thats a very good way to go about it! I bet they will not reply back, did they even consider renewal fees at least when they said $10? lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back