NameSilo

The LLL.com sales report & discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We need this one too guys :)

This guide will also help LLLL.com holders to understand more the value of their 4 letters .com based on how expensive the similar 3 letters .com are.

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of February 1, 2008:

3-Letter .com - $6700 (+ $300 since January 1, 2008 report)

But I consider their guide a bit old since they are not taking in consideration the emergenging countries that appreciate other letters and as we have run a poll here several times lately, the majority of people consider the letters U
and W to be Premium letters.

Let`s have a look at some recent LLL.com sales as reported from NameBio.com :

nak.com $27,135 2007-12-22 SEDO.com
nyz.com $10,605 2007-12-19 tdnam
utw.com $10,100 2007-12-10 SEDO.com
via.com $157,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
cgf.com $14,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
vkx.com $6,200 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
mje.com $10,734 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
okf.com $8,500 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
our.com $60,000 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
kxr.com $7,101 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
lhg.com $13,613 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
wae.com $10,099 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
hya.com $7,499 2007-12-06 SEDO.com
yrd.com $9,100 2007-12-05 SEDO.com
vfk.com $15,750 2007-11-29 AfterNic.com
qee.com $10,882 2007-11-27 SEDO.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namejet:

QBX(.)COM $2950

regards,
tonecas

I know this will excite snoop to the point of climax - but before his cup runneth over, Tonecas can you confirm it by a link or page shot. If this is true I missed it; possible but unlikley.

•••
:hehe: I knew this would spice things up :gl:

it was another sudden drop from Network Solutions that put the majority of bidders out of game. got to love NS.

only 9 bidders, so it may be called a glitch, or not :gl:

regards,
tonecas

•••

it was another sudden drop from Network Solutions that put the majority of bidders out of game. got to love NS.

regards,
tonecas

Thanks for that - expect to see it at an auction near you.

•••

regards,
tonecas

don't say that...please don't say that's a glitch or we'll have to read another page of his counter-posts :hehe:

•••
I can tell you that I'm in in all lll.com auctions at NJ, and I was not in in this one... Makes me wonder how I missed it, but Tonecas' explanation makes sense. Before you jump Snoop, I don't find it unrealistic to have a low quality sale under 3.5k, but not by $500, that's just too much of a difference.

•••
In my opinion the market has weakened lately, another good example, ajz.com on the other forum, no interest with a $4100 BIN. In my view the minimum does look to be sub $3000.

•••
Now what happened to those claims by some here that LLL.com's would never fall below $3500 again.
Indeed that was 'cheap'. Definitely a buyer's market.

•••
•••
gladdy - the mother of all LLL .com sales :D

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

What really happened to the QBX auction:

The domain was not expired. If you check the WHOIS history you will see it was a placed auction. The problem with such short notice private auctions is that there is no built in momentum from potential buyers.

So the buyer got a great deal and the seller got screwed over :D

Now, this is an example of how bad the game has become with Namejet, mixing expired/pre-released domains with auctions with "fake" expirations. They should never put them in the same basket because the seller risks getting less money.

Last edited:
•••
gladdy - the mother of all LLL .com sales :D

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

The domain was not expired. If you check the WHOIS history you will see it was a placed auction. The problem with such short notice private auctions is that there is no built in momentum from potential buyers.

Now, this is an example of how bad the game has become with Namejet, mixing expired/pre-released domains with auctions with "fake" expirations. They should never put them in the same basket because the seller risks getting less money.

Thanks for the explanation. Given these normally garner 100 plus bidders, even if most are just monitoring rather than serious bidders, it explains why it went so low. As for snoop saying sub 3000 is the minimum that's just wishful thinking. QBX.com will be up at an auction soon to prove that.

•••

I think the domain was on clientHold which means that it had fake WHOIS information. Network Solutions in these cases is unpredictable when she will release the domain. The seller did not placed the domain on auction.

NameJet has its core operations rooted on Enom. Network Solutions is prone to "glitches" when it comes to communicate expired domains to NameJet.

On a side note, and to be fair, NS does not usually retain domains for herself which is becoming increasingly less common between major registrars.

regards,
tonecas

Last edited:
•••
•••
I also once bought a domain at NJ 50% under the so called minimum resale value that was set by domainers. Snoop would call that the new minimum, but it was just a glitch. If in the next 2 months there will be another sale at this price level, then I'll agree, otherwise I still believe ~3.5k is the bottom.

•••
On a side note, and to be fair, NS does not usually retain domains for herself which is becoming increasingly less common between major registrars.
Actually I have seen them take possession of one domain (a LLL.com).

•••
Sedo sales:

lfw.com
8,100 EUR

msx.com
5,900 EUR

•••
another twist in this story: QBX(.)COM is now in redemption period...

regards,
tonecas

•••
lfw.com
$11,259
sedo

ylh.com
$5,559
sedo

exw.com
$4,800
sedo

•••
•••
Wow - prices increasing...

We also need to consider currency value.

The USD has been dropping a lot again against all other major currencies and this can be seen also in the silver price (up 200 % in 2 years) and gold.

I think it's about time we add multiple pricing to at least the LLL.com

I would add at least USD / EUR / AUD since these are the 3 most swinging currencies among the top ones.

For help you can use : www.xe.com

•••
another twist in this story: QBX(.)COM is now in redemption period...

regards,
tonecas

recovered from redemption period and sold to auction winner. :snaphappy:

you can place your offers now :p

regards,
tonecas

•••
spn.com

95,000 EUR

@ Sedo

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

ens.com

19,000 USD

@ Sedo

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

hxs.com

7,600 USD

@ Sedo

•••
•••
•••
Sale source: Sedo recent sales RSS feed.

the recent sales feed is buggy. I have seen sales that happened over a year ago. and it is not so unusual to see sales that happened a few months ago.

regards,
tonecas

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back