debate The hypocrisy of this guy is incredible

NameSilo
Watch

capybara

capybaraTop Member
Impact
Stumbled upon this new project on Product Hunt:

https://www.producthunt.com/posts/bye-bye-domain

The guy created a "marketplace for buying in selling domains before they expire". Nothing wrong here, but lets scroll to the maker's comment:
Jonas said:
Hi all! I have this problem with domain names. I'm buying a domain name, don't develop anything and renew every year..

And sometimes enough is enough and I decide to let them go. Some are quality domains (not premium) which I just don't want to pay for anymore. I was looking for an easy and free way to list these domains and find a buyer before it gets snagged up by a squatter or returns to the registrar. Couldn't find it so I built Bye Bye Domain.
It's basically a public Airtable and G sheet where people can list their domains for free. This gets shared with domain buyers.

If you have any domain names you want to sell before they expire list them on Bye Bye Domain and let's find a buyer!

So he is fine with registering multiple domains and holding them without using for anything, he is also fine with selling these domains thus making a profit, and of course he wants to do that before it gets snagged up by a squatter. Damn those squatters, they're everywhere, snagging up them domains! Hey, don't make any mistake here, Jonas is a good guy, he can register and sell multiple domains but he is no dirty squatter, don't you even compare him to one!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey,

I don't think this guy is even worth your energy to write this and even mentioning...

It's just someone to be ignored.

Edit: Also, don't get offended by the term "squatter". When I hear this term, I simply walk away. Too many uneducated people out there, I do my best to educate but in most cases it is a futile effort.

Dumb people. They would not, however, call a property owner (real estate) a squatter, however it's the exact same thing in a different field.

Last edited:
•••
"Everyone's a squatter but me."

•••
I squat all the time. typically when there are no seats to be found. lol

•••
Squatting is an exercise that pays off.

•••
The new way to con the masses is to create a product or trend that will stick it to somebody (usually with money). The masses love it, they want to be part of sticking it to someone, they do not realizing they are just being played.

A good example is what's happening in the stock market now. I assume a few master stock manipulators figured out that if you tell people that are already taught to hate banks, that there is a way to really stick it to them good, just buy some stock and keep pushing it up, it will destroy all these banks and you will get rich.

It worked, the banks will stay around, the sheep that fell for it are mostly completely broke now. The people that started it probably could buy the domain christmas.com 25 times.

This guy is pulling the same trick and based on the comments and upvotes you could tell he really hit a nerve with the same kinda gamestop sheep.

Yeah, lets stick it to these squatters, give me 19 bucks to access the list (that's what he charges) and go and get those names and lets really hurt these domainers.

The phrase “there's a sucker born every minute” was true before the internet, now it should be updated to “there's a sucker born every second".

Last edited:
•••
Do super markets "squat bread and milk" for profit? Do car dealerships "squat cars" for profit?
Damn those supermarkets and dealerships, they should give away their products for free...

Last edited:
•••
Got to love hypocrisy huh?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back