Dynadot

discuss The future of numerics - Where it's headed. The trend...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here is the latest observation that I can personally see in numerics. It seems that 7n .com is going to have a serious problem selling unless it's an ultra premium of a string of maybe five of the same digit. So overall, it looks to me that 7n on any extension won't make it at this point. I'm disappointed in this as I have quite a few 7n. A complete flop for the most part.

It really looks like 6n is the cap at this point, and even with that, it will have to be an ultra premium with a really good pattern with triples and quads. So on any extension up to 5n - 6n, it will probably be okay, but it has to be an ultra premium pattern. So if it doesn't have a triple + double within the pattern, or better, it may falter.

A random 5n .co, .biz, .info, .org also probably won't do good. If it's a random number with a 0 or 4 in it, it may not make it. I'm not even sure a random 4n containing a 0 or 4 in .co, .biz, .info, org, etc... will make it. A random 5n with a 0, not a chance in my opinion, unless it's a .com, and maybe a .net.

So the bottom line, unless you have a 6n or less with an amazing ultra premium pattern, everything outside of that may falter pretty hard.

Like I said, I have several 7n's, and I believe that was a mistake at this point. I hope I'm proven wrong. Anything other than ultra premium patterns 6n and under are going to have a problem. I'll bet even an ultra premium 5n - 6n .co will do okay (i don't own any), but a random 5n .co with a 0 in it will never sell.

Ultra premiums are a niche of it's own regardless of the extension, and I believe that's where the future is headed. This also means the days of hand reg'ing and flipping are now gone as well.

Any thoughts?

Ya I know, there is a huge demand for 7n yada yada yada.... let me know how that one works out for you,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally disagree. I sold recently A LOT of 6N not ultra premim at USD200 each and those containing 0 or 4 at nearly USD100,

•••
6n .com random will always do "okay". Not sure what you mean by recently though. Are you talking 30 days ago, or two weeks ago? It's changed. I also sold 25 - 30 6n .com's. The market price for 6n.com containing a 0 with a random pattern seems to have fallen well under $100.00. And 6n .net ULTRA premiums are doing very very well, and much better than a random 6n .com.

•••
After looking at the auctions, at Godaddy, 5555998.com is up to $17, with 17 hrs to go. And that's a pretty good pattern. I think we're looking at anything over 6n not doing well. And anything 6n and under better be a real good one. 1388.co is doing okay at $131 with a few days left.

6n .coms with no 0 and 4 seem to be hanging in there at $100 - $130. Those were at $500 at one point. I really think this about ultra premium patterns of 6n and less.

•••
I have many 6N .com's with 4/0. Is it a good idea to hold it for future(more than 2 years) or cash out at the earliest?

Last edited:
•••
Wish I had the answer to that. The price hasn't fallen in a few weeks so it looks like it's at the bottom. I'm guessing it won't get any worse after this point, but that's just an opinion. I would think nowhere to go but up again after time, but not sure.

The market is really adjusting and defining itself at the moment. We'll know in the next couple of weeks what will be selling and what won't be selling. This is probably a turning point that will establish the future. A lot of buyouts hit all at once, and now it's time to see where it all falls. I again think great patterns of 6n and less will do good.

•••
I think 7N.com chips are doing quite well, considering that it is still a buyout in progress. This is a list sales from Nambio for this month:

3336668.com 690 USD 2015-12-05 DropCatch
8882231.com 299 USD 2015-12-05 NameJet
1313555.com 255 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1631111.com 222 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1621111.com 213 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1951111.com 208 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
5668668.com 197 USD 2015-12-05 DropCatch
6270000.com 154 USD 2015-12-05 DropCatch
1651111.com 135 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1000111.com 110 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
8882219.com 299 USD 2015-12-04 NameJet
0289999.com 150 USD 2015-12-04 DropCatch
8386789.com 139 USD 2015-12-04 NameJet
5554433.com 116 USD 2015-12-04 DropCatch
8881281.com 201 USD 2015-12-03 Pheenix
5588899.com 307 USD 2015-12-02 NameJet
1122212.com 224 USD 2015-12-02 DropCatch
5556655.com 743 USD 2015-12-01 NameJet
5553355.com 605 USD 2015-12-01 NameJet
1113311.com 370 USD 2015-12-01 DropCatch
5589666.com 250 USD 2015-12-01 GoDaddy
1563333.com 236 USD 2015-12-01 GoDaddy
9993636.com 209 USD 2015-12-01 GoDaddy
9996363.com 207 USD 2015-12-01 GoDaddy
5579666.com 205 USD 2015-12-01 GoDaddy
8836777.com 159 USD 2015-12-01 NameJet

As to 6N I've been selling many since November, all with 4 and 0 and no special pattern and I haven't seen any deep correction in prices. They have remained more or less stable for me, with maybe a 20% correction from the top at most, which is consistent with the general market for short domains.

In sum, I don't see any hard evidence for your 5 or 6 digits cap theory. Keep in mind that you don't need a full buyout to be able to sell these domains at good price. Good 6N and 7N are selling just fine, and I'm sure they will sell even better in the future. I also believe that eventually even random 7N chips will have value, but it's impossible at this point to predict how long it will take.

•••
Completely agree with the 6-7N's part. I posted similar thought about 3 weeks ago. 7N's wont make it, at least not in the near future, unless, as you mentioned, it is a really premium numeric.
I sold my 6n's for a couple hundreds a piece and i feel very satisfied with this flip, espcially when I bought them a couple of months for a fraction of the price.

•••
There is still a 7n buyout in progress? Good grief. Scary stuff. Those ones listed have good patterns, and are only 25 out of around 2 million. Whatever is left that people are buying in that buyout is a complete waste of money and hope people take a break on that so-called buyout. Whatever is bought right now will never sell, trust me. I really hope people aren't that foolish.

All buyouts have been completed in my opinion. Any future ones are a complete waste of money.

People think if 7n is bought out they will be rich? It doesn't work that way. On that pig, even if it was bought out the vast majority will never ever sell, not in this life time.

•••
I own 8087887, 8083883, 8086886, 1118803, 1118802, etc.... I can't even sell those for the reg fee. We're talking triples in some, and four 8's in the others, with a decent pattern.

•••
When 6N just sold out 2 months ago............. I don't know how anyone can possibly claim to know that 7N won't. Whether it does or does not isn't really the point. The point is you're way over-expecting.

I'm holding hand reg'd 5N, like 54300.com, 75300.com, 68700.com and more from a hand reg spree on 8/21/2005. Do I really care I paid $100 in reg fees each name since I bought them? Did anyone expect them to be worth 4 or 5 figures each? Nope -- or they would have hand reg'd them first.

To say at this point you don't think 7N has a chance just shows a huge over expectation of the marketplace. I understand a lot of people jumped on the numeric bandwagon because it looks real good and the train was steaming along really fast. But I've been doing this a whole lot longer and suggest you have a little perspective.

I've posted before about it, but I'll say it again: In July, I tried to offload 10 6N names I bought with coupons at GoDaddy. By August, my BIN on the lot of 10 6N (a few with 88's) was down to $65 -- $6.50 each -- I figured with coupons, I was still going to profit so why not.

No one bought it. Premium 6N @ $6.50 each. So I figured whatever, and I stopped trying. I actually took some time away from the forum because I got busy. When I came back, of course I was still holding them, but the value was way up in September. I sold a couple and hold the rest still. The value of them is at least over $1k even after the recent 6N "slowdown".

The 6N "buyout" took years. If we're being specific to momentum, Shane & I and some others were on the thread about them at the end of May and June. It wasn't until October that they sold out. That's about 5 to 6 months for 1 million names to disappear.

And with 7N you're talking about 10 million names and you've given it less than 3 months (if you figure they started gaining some interest in September when 6N buyout looked eminent).

Here is the latest observation that I can personally see in numerics. It seems that 7n .com is going to have a serious problem selling unless it's an ultra premium of a string of maybe five of the same digit. So overall, it looks to me that 7n on any extension won't make it at this point. I'm disappointed in this as I have quite a few 7n. A complete flop for the most part.

While you didn't put a time frame on it, it sounds like "forever" this is expected... And you're saying that because you can't immediately flip names like 8083883 that you bought literally less than a month ago. Meanwhile, the inner 0 thing you should know knocks that type of name way down on the "premium" scale... even with all the scattered 8's.

But really... seriously... let's get a grip here. ;) Check back with me in a few years.

•••
Good point, thanks for the reply.

5555998.com is making a good comeback at auction. It's at $216 with 4 hrs left.

151811.com & 137311.com are both at about $150.00 with a couple days left.

These guys are killing it with a day left!

62623.com at $14,166
88737.com $9,987

Shows how much I know. I like 88737.com better. :-/

Last edited:
•••
Are Numeric Domains with 0 & 4 worth registering? I have seen few 5n and 6n extensions where Chips buyout has happened but domains with 0& 4 are still available to register.

•••
Since you're probably not talking about .com obviously, they're probably not worth it. I know in 6n .net that's all that's left and there are a lot of them. The only premiums left at this stage are 6n .info.

It seems that the field is narrowing down to 5n as the cap, with the exception of ULTRA premium patterns in 6n - 7n, and 7n is beginning to look a little shaky now. I wouldn't touch anything in 6n and above unless it has a very very good pattern.

7n .com good premiums could be faltering. I'm tracking 2115555.com at auction and with two hours left there isn't a bid. Also tracking 1788817.com and with 2 days left no bid. If those don't receive bids then we could be looking at a 7n collapse in my opinion, or a significant dip.

So at the moment 5n seems to be the new cap, and decent patterns are needed in 6n .com, and anything above 6n could get scary. I'm holding a lot of 7n so this is bad news, but what can we do. Also important to note that for the first time in a awhile a 6n .com with a 4 appeared in the godaddy closeouts. That's the first time in awhile any 6n .com has done that.

•••
Like with the stock market, some adjustment (drop) may be needed to form a new base. After that, they will probably go again

•••
I'm holding hand reg'd 5N, like 54300.com, 75300.com, 68700.com and more from a hand reg spree on 8/21/2005. Do I really care I paid $100 in reg fees each name since I bought them? Did anyone expect them to be worth 4 or 5 figures each? Nope -- or they would have hand reg'd them first.

Nice point @21x20 ... The key is patient, patient and patient :xf.smile:

•••
The Problem here is many people got used to immediate flips and they feel that some magic is going on Domain Industry ......I have seen people buying 6N's since 2011 i noticed people bought 6N's for xxx dollors too in 2012 ...262626.com went for 90 USD in 2012. ......people who bought 6N's in last 3 months are most lucky people .....when you want to buy a domain name you have to think that you are selling it in 5 years. I feel this thread is not Valid as i am myself buying those 7N's and i bought 6626888.com for 510 USD. I want to hold it for few years.

•••
One more thing what i observed is people try to buy a domain and they start immediately selling the domain in Namepros itself .....they have to understand that it takes time to sell a domain name .....everyone should think that Domain is an Asset its not a money spinner. All these famous domainers have holded their domains for years.....michael berkins kept 5000 USd for A11111BA because he knows that he will be holding them for years. AM not pin pointing one member as the one whom i am dealing with has genuine reason but there are 30 people in this community who sends me a message saying they have personal problems and they want to sell domains and make money....i am sorry if i am hurting anyone but that should not be the reason which you have to tell while selling .......30% of people who are trying to sell the domains which they registered now will drop the domains because they will not be able to sell the domains for sure in next 1 year.

Kindly Understand that domains trading is a business and it is all about patient game ...there are some incidents where people might have got 100x or 200X return but that is just a case .

I have sold a chinese domain in airport for 18Kin Bangkok airport to a chinese buyer and i dont even know the meaning of it...it doesn't mean that i have to buy similar kind of domains again and start trading immediately.

People talk about rick or mike mann or michael berkins but lot of people who are doing this immediate trading should follow them ...hold them for years and sell for premium.

•••
8087887 this is registered on November 10th kindly understand that it takes time and it might take year or so to sell them.

•••
1631111.com 222 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1621111.com 213 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1951111.com 208 USD 2015-12-05 GoDaddy
1651111.com are all domains which i have invested in :0

•••
2115555.com is now running at 410 :)

•••
When 6N just sold out 2 months ago............. I don't know how anyone can possibly claim to know that 7N won't. Whether it does or does not isn't really the point. The point is you're way over-expecting.

To say at this point you don't think 7N has a chance just shows a huge over expectation of the marketplace. I understand a lot of people jumped on the numeric bandwagon because it looks real good and the train was steaming along really fast. But I've been doing this a whole lot longer and suggest you have a little perspective.

I've posted before about it, but I'll say it again: In July, I tried to offload 10 6N names I bought with coupons at GoDaddy. By August, my BIN on the lot of 10 6N (a few with 88's) was down to $65 -- $6.50 each -- I figured with coupons, I was still going to profit so why not.

No one bought it. Premium 6N @ $6.50 each. So I figured whatever, and I stopped trying. I actually took some time away from the forum because I got busy. When I came back, of course I was still holding them, but the value was way up in September. I sold a couple and hold the rest still. The value of them is at least over $1k even after the recent 6N "slowdown".

The 6N "buyout" took years. If we're being specific to momentum, Shane & I and some others were on the thread about them at the end of May and June. It wasn't until October that they sold out. That's about 5 to 6 months for 1 million names to disappear.

And with 7N you're talking about 10 million names and you've given it less than 3 months (if you figure they started gaining some interest in September when 6N buyout looked eminent).

While you didn't put a time frame on it, it sounds like "forever" this is expected... And you're saying that because you can't immediately flip names like 8083883 that you bought literally less than a month ago. Meanwhile, the inner 0 thing you should know knocks that type of name way down on the "premium" scale... even with all the scattered 8's.

But really... seriously... let's get a grip here. ;) Check back with me in a few years.
Thanks for the Post and really a great one :)

•••
Once it gets to 7N & 8N maybe the market will detour into IP addresses at that point. I mean, why bother about domain extensions when you can own the number itself?

•••
DO you know that chinese buy Ename accounts recently 88888 ename account was sold for 13000 USD.

•••
Once it gets to 7N & 8N maybe the market will detour into IP addresses at that point. I mean, why bother about domain extensions when you can own the number itself?

I'm not sure if this is a joking post or a serious one ... But I'm going to assume you're being serious and, if so, pardon me for saying, but this shows a little lack of understand of how the internet works.

Technically speaking, the actual reason for domains is that they are portable while IP addresses were not intended for portability -- in other words, good luck trying to change web hosts and take your IP address with you. It's not going to happen.

All main IP blocks are accounted for and, again without any portability, you can't go to a provider and request any old IP address. So your chances of even getting a "CHIP" IP would be about nil. Providers have blocks they can pull from... Few have access to any type of desirable or memorable pattern. Further with limit IPv4 addresses, most sites in clouds, etc share IPs so you need a domain on top of the IP.

All the same, there is a 64 character limit on domains ... if the intention was solely to be short, they would have capped it at 10 to be sure people were using less characters than the 12 max you'll find in IPs (15 if you count the .'s).

Even if I bought your statement and you could just pick any old IP to host your site directly, remembering where periods go in your example IP separately from someone remembering 78887888.com -- it's just not comprable.

Btw, if it's about number combinations, which I believe have the most value out even into the 8N and 9N categories, then it's important to also not that IP have very limited ability to service folks interested in lots of 8's.;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back