Located in The Break Room, started by DU, Jun 27, 2012
Atlanta Falcons won yesterday, 2 in a row since they fired the coach. It seems people were very nice on social media, cheering them on, celebrating their win.
So as I mentioned in past posts, I had my DNA tested with Ancestry.com and 23andMe. 23andMe had a recent update. So I found out I'm 0.3% Manchurian and Mongolian.
To bond with my Mongolian brothers out in the world, I will learn the sport of Buzkashi. Throw some dead goats around, into some hole, while riding a horse.
I have been watching fireworks videos, and this is what I learned:
1) M80s are not being made anymore PERIOD!!! Things being sold now may look like M80s but they are not.
Around the Bicentental of 1976, they were so afraid of people getting hurt that the fireworks industry was changed.
Leading to number two
2) All firecrackers have been downsized. What was once called Ladyfingers (smallest firecrackers) is now the powder gram size of normal firecrackers.
Which leads to three
3) People collect vintage fireworks. I was shocked (I guess keep them in a storage shed out back lol), but people have big stashes of UNLIT decades-old fireworks.
4) You cant light a brick of firecrackers at the same time. A brick is not continuously connected(like a roll) but instead just a bunch of regular packs of firecrackers.
5) Multiple Air Shot fireworks sold at fireworks stores are called cakes and these cakes have decoratively designed packaging with names that have almost nothing to do with what you get. Honey Badger, Angry Beaver, Off Da Hook, Sexy Rider, Southern Comfort, Paparazzi, Geared Up,
6) Fireworks are expensive. Easy to spend $100 on a 500g cake or two and get 3 minutes of action. Like a Hooker LOL
Domains are a lot like the virgin mary toast which fetched $28,000
“Know what you have.”
Somebody paid $28,000 for Deborah Harry in some toast
Who remembers this bus?
It's a thing now
If it doesn't open, they give you another one for free.
Normally have about 70-80 kids come by for trick or treating. I know this because I've been counting for the last few years so I can figure out the right amount of candy, so I don't run out and I'm not left with much, if any. No shutdowns, cancellations or anything like that where I'm at.
3 showed up.
Thought the same would happen, but ours was nuts. Ran out of candy early, daughter was gracious enough to give out some of her loot.
Used a couple of drainage pipes Macgyvered togethered for safe transfer.. kids put their bags on the bottom end and caught the candy down the chute. Actually kind of fun. Had a staff with a skull on it, wore a welding helmet and asked the kids why it was so dark out.
👻👻 first full moon tonight for Halloween in like a few decades or something..
Our 7th (seventh) great grandchild is due next April 28, 2021!!!
Do not yet know whether boy or girl....
James May posted six days ago about his new pub, suppose to open in one week. And today new lockdown, oh %$^&#$%^
You have to remember if you are spending money on a hooker you dont let her get the easy shot.
(Readers Digest version of an old joke)
I can't even begin to believe people still fall for these tricks...
Separate names with a comma.