IT.COM

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you're looking for the broom, and the mop arrives instead...
26166376_10159946115130595_5582681321730863869_n.jpg

•••
Two lion cubs couldn't have their two front right legs that close. Wow debunked two pics already

•••
So basically I should pick heads or tails and flip a coin lol

Thanks for your time and patience.
So I factored in all the stats, reread fellow members picks, did some online research...grabbed a coin (if decisions can be made in NFL by a coin toss...who am I to not use a NFL system).. I made bet ...
IND @ HOU (total score..OLG.ca odds 48) picked Over
SEA @ DAL (total score..OLG.ca odds 42) picked Under
PHI @ CHI (total score..OLG.ca odds 41) picked Over

I only wager on 3 games (minimum at OLG ...Ontario Lottery Corp)

Lets see, Don Knotts died in 2006, before holding old pic while recreating the pose became a rage. So Ill call the pic a fake without any real looking at it LOL

Yeah quite possible...just got off a FB cannabis grower group where a member posting a "purple Kush" plant...some members are claiming photo fake..too purple etc... interesting the skills that some people have with Photoshop etc!

•••
Yeah but I now went back and really looked at it, it's totally fake

I better post mye over unders

Colts at Texans -under
Seahawks at Cowboys -under
Chargers at Ravens -under
Eagles at Bears - under

•••
Did we include Primary Name's Lion Avatar on the list?

997042.jpg

•••
Sorry... everything that seems free has a price,
Better off owning your own sites and data.
Yup.
Only a matter of time before the hammer drops with most these companies. Free email, free sites etc. It's why I left Faceplant years ago, thought why let someone else control my design when I can do it myself.

In this case it was just for my domain landers, so no biggie to code my own material. If I'm going to pay for hosting though, it's not going to be at Zoho. Too bulky and slow.

Almost done my new lander site, checked it on mobile, looks like CRAP. Ugh. So used to desktop. Thinking will just write a page for mobile users stating
"Come back when you've gotten yourself a desktop, mobiles are meant for telephone calls"

It's amazing how much of the world has gotten tricked by the mobile companies (Apple etc) into using their phones as computers or TV. Hey lets watch a movie on a screen the size of a postage stamp, how enjoyable! Hey lets surf the internet, squinting is fun!

•••
Electric fences....again, someone should investigate before making up things and dissing my man Will Rogers! And his running buddy Wiley Post.
First electric fence in Texas....1888....note that date well....
First ones were pure electric....took some years to scale down to where it was good for the animals.
So yes, there were electric fences throughout the lands by the 1930's, whence Will Rogers spoke of them....
Spend time in Oklahoma City, learn about Will Rogers....

•••
Giraffe sending smoke signals... or maybe smoking a joint... hey @johname what say ye?
49735098_1290087174472828_6881089193661956096_n.jpg

•••
Nature takes over an old ship wreck in Australia...
49168121_1287226698092209_505495540247560192_n.jpg

•••
Yeah but I now went back and really looked at it, it's totally fake

I better post mye over unders

Colts at Texans -under
Seahawks at Cowboys -under
Chargers at Ravens -under
Eagles at Bears - under
Thanks...real hard for me to make a bet, since each team really needs the win, so should be some great games happening!
Did we include Primary Name's Lion Avatar on the list?

997042.jpg
Pretty sure that I did...99.9%....If I didn't can always go the "Window Paint" and add him/her in lol

Yup.
Only a matter of time before the hammer drops with most these companies. Free email, free sites etc. It's why I left Faceplant years ago, thought why let someone else control my design when I can do it myself.

In this case it was just for my domain landers, so no biggie to code my own material. If I'm going to pay for hosting though, it's not going to be at Zoho. Too bulky and slow.

Almost done my new lander site, checked it on mobile, looks like CRAP. Ugh. So used to desktop. Thinking will just write a page for mobile users stating
"Come back when you've gotten yourself a desktop, mobiles are meant for telephone calls"

It's amazing how much of the world has gotten tricked by the mobile companies (Apple etc) into using their phones as computers or TV. Hey lets watch a movie on a screen the size of a postage stamp, how enjoyable! Hey lets surf the internet, squinting is fun!
Agree but "mobile" is more mobile ...
maybe this will help
https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_responsive.asp

All I did for my "html/css sites was add some "meta codes" and little tweaking to my images so they fit on a screen (width=80% height="80%" seems to work and passed Google mobile friendly test
https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly

•••

The reality is that mobile traffic is still growing and shows no signs of turning back. Why not build it on Bootstrap framework? Grab one of their starter templates and modify. It’s responsive and will look good on both.

Facebook pages, Google Business, Yelp, etc. - all good to have as an adjunct to your site, but you should own your primary site.

•••
•••
yeah, that has to be a real giraffe photo. I mean no one would think of taking a pic of a giraffe and deleting the leaves and using a photoshop smoke/cloud brush

Randys Donuts is a real place, her breasts maybe not lol

•••
took literally less than one min to find lol

diet_giraffes.jpg

search for "giraffe eating"

•••
Colts at Texans -1.5
Seahawks at Cowboys -2.5
Chargers at Ravens -2.5
Eagles at Bears - 6.5

Those picks btw are based more on who I like to see win.
Colts QB coming back from his injury, people wondering if he'll ever be the same.
Seahawks I don't like, but I don't like the Cowboys more.
Chargers QB Rivers doesn't have many years left and a whole bunch of kids, so he deserves a win
Bears, kind of old school football. Most were surprised they picked Mitch at QB and he's proving it was a good pick

That seems real. My first legit gf, went to see a lot of Tim Conway/Don Knotts movies at the theater close by, that and Herbie The Love Bug movies.

Didn't know it went that far back, 1969, wasn't even born yet:

Last edited:
•••
I hope I don't have to prove that the Mayberry photo is fake, I mean the creator used the original photo as a base lol Oppy's tiny shoulders under Director Ron Howard's head

Yeah Herbie is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang old

AND Herbie is the easiest Movie car to clone, just paint a VW bug

Last edited:
•••
TEXANS - Cause Texas
COWBOYS - Cause Texas
CHARGERS - Heck with the Ravens
BEARS - Cause the Fridge is remembered

•••
Best movies like best music....
Made before most people were born....
Mid 70's at max....
After that, mostly crap for both.

•••
Compression socks....
A gripe to get on for sure...
But very comfortable once on....

•••
Thanks for tips & references JB & Endy

Well, tbh, have never been bothered to modify my sites to accommodate mobile users, as far as I'm concerned they can modify the device they use to access my site. Most I have ever done is add the viewport meta tag in my head sections, and let nature take its course from there.

Actually, the site I used was built from a template I found on GitHub, uses bootstrap. The problem is I hacked it so much to customize it to what I wanted, I screwed up whatever code had been implemented for mobile compatibility.

Anyboo, will keep pluggin' away.

PS. I am totally cognizant of the fact that by shunning mobile devices, I stand to lose 90%+ viewership. Not to mention sales. But just doing my part, bringing people back to desktops, one website at a time.

•••
Am like HotKey,,,,could care less about mobile..
Most mobile people click and move on quick anyways...
And if they will buy something, it is because they know what they want and where to go to get it..
Certainly is not, hey I will go to iowadawg's blog and then go to amazon to buy what I want.....

•••
I hope I don't have to prove that the Mayberry photo is fake, I mean the creator used the original photo as a base lol Oppy's tiny shoulders under Director Ron Howard's head

Yeah Herbie is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang old

AND Herbie is the easiest Movie car to clone, just paint a VW bug

Sometimes I think you can't tell when I'm joking :). Yes, I know it's fake.

As far as movies, of course the better ones were the ones my parents had on VHS. The old 3 movies on a tape. The theater ones were the only ones I could get in at that age.

•••
The old use super extended play speed and fit three movies on one cassette trick

•••
Most mobile people click and move on quick anyways...

Depends on:
  • The site
  • Why they are there in the first place
  • Optimization of the page they land on
We do conversion tracking on clients so have data from the entire funnel. Also assisted conversions, and for some, heatmap tracking. Part of what I do is look at all that, make sense out of it and make recommendations...

Desktop tends to convert better, but if you get a lot of mobile traffic it pays to optimize for mobile - you can a/b test and improve conversion rates. And for some things on certain sites mobile will surprise you and convert better,

Also if you target a millennial audience.

(But for your blog I’m sure you don’t GAF - lol :). )

PS Google has been moving to a β€œmobile first” index, meaning they rank and index based on how pages render on mobile. So if you care about search traffic (and I know Dawg doesn’t) something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
•••
Oh great even Google has gotten sucked in, we're doomed..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back