Dynadot

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DDOS via IOT - part of me wishes I was still in Internet Security (just a matter of poor timing that I'm not). I predict increasingly high demand for people in that sector.
Krebs is always a good read.

•••
•••
DDOS via IOT - part of me wishes I was still in Internet Security (just a matter of poor timing that I'm not). I predict increasingly high demand for people in that sector.
Krebs is always a good read.

Just because we have the toys to live in The Jetsons world, apparently we don't yet have the intelligence to live in The Jetsons world.

Do we really need to close our drapes from a flight to Singapore? I mean if you have that, don't you also have an ADT Home Sec Sys in place. So why fret the drapes? And if you're not on a plane, get up off the couch and close the drapes, ya lazy bastid.

The Russian named guy (prob not his real name, ya think?) who I quoted was making the point Krebs alluded to. These IoT devices are WEAK LINKS. Yes, you have to protect the servers, but it's hard to build a fort with the enemy amassing huge amounts of artillery against you.

See, this attack, they didn't steal anything. They didn't get CC #'s or hack bank accts., they just showed the flaws in this particular, specific system. True, it cost a lot of people a lot of money. As was quoted on another forum, this was a teaching moment. And lessons aren't free.

Now, whether or not the devices being shipped are intentionally weak is a topic for another discussion.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Last edited:
•••
WikiLeaks Supporters Claim They Broke The Internet
As the U.S. government investigates Friday's massive internet debacle, security researchers are skeptical of the groups claiming responsibility.
So far, government and Clinton not blaming Russia!

•••
•••
Hacked Cameras, DVRs Powered Today’s Massive Internet Outage

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/hacked-cameras-dvrs-powered-todays-massive-internet-outage/

And to think it all started at ID's sleeping blog.

Peace,
Cy

I already said it all started with the attack on your sleeping blog. :)
You even "liked" the post. ;)
I thought you were talking about Krebs when you said, "Just somebody trying to get famous by having the outage yesterday blamed on others who hate him."

Anyways, I renamed and rePW'd my new router which was factory named amd PW'd from the provider. So that's a start. I might return it and go back to a store bought model. Haven't decided yet. Any suggestions? D.U.? Paul? Enly?
I don't have connected waffle irons or DVR even. I do have a camera, but it isn't connected to anything until I plug in the card. K.I.S.S.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Just go to a gym...all those fit bits, ipads and ipods, and laptops...
Then there are the millions of vehicles on the road that either check in with the manufacturer or an insurance company.
Hey, my auto insurance company wants to give me a 5% discount if I put their app on my wife's phone (I have no phone) and plug in some usb thing in the car. Nope...
Car checking in with manufacturer?
Better check....mine does when I get an email from them saying, hey you have 3 more months of driving at present rate before you had best visit your dealer for oil change.
Router?
Always never use the factory default!
Myself, since no one uses our computer but us, I have index cards that have user names and passwords for everything.
Thus, not afraid to come up with passwords or usernames like: sG8YuTog"NZ(V.RJ
Daughter one time wanted our wifi logins and she said, damn you all!
Told her, well when you leave, I will change it!

•••
Two factory resets and three Samsung SmartHub resets later, I finally got my Samsung SmartHub working from Japan. There was no option for "Japan" in the country list, and US initially wouldn't download the updates to install Netflix and other apps. I think this might've been due to the attacks that @briguy previously mentioned... I think the internet was just crap for about 4 hours. But, aggravating doing all that to get the same result.

Happy with it, though; a 40" tv for $269 that most likely has cheap software on it where it too can participate in the next botnet attacks... :-P

•••
•••
•••
•••
CUBS WIN GAME 6!!!!!
FIRST TIME IN 71 YEARS THEY ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!
MY WIFE SAYS,,,,,EVERYONE HAD BEST BE ROOTING FOR THE CUBS OR ELSE....

•••
They been making marketing word play with October for a long time. Rocktober being probably the most famous.

Well I think I heard the worst one.

This month is Shocktober at O'Reilly Auto Parts

•••
•••
Singin the Dodger Blues.
Oh well, congratz to the Cubbies and kick AL azz.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Once I know which team is playing the Cubs, I will then know who I am rooting for lol

•••
This is actually the series the book was looking for.
Two mid west teams ChiTown and Cleveland.
Should be lots of hometown action.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Long time since a BACON post....

14650680_1161414663893766_8779993771006686687_n.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••
I thought the dad was going to get hit in the head

See how he looked at mommy after the eye thingy? clue it was staged i am so skeptical lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
The police do more than fight crime...
A Granbury police officer was honored for saving a 3-year-old's life after he stopped breathing. The amazing rescue was caught on the officer's dashcam.

•••
Granbury, Texas is a nice city....Enjoyed always visiting friends there.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back