Domain Empire

guide The Communication Skills of Domain Investing in Bible

NameSilo
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
The investor I know has already been a veteran in the domain market. She has deal with many big sales with many famous domainers at her young age. You can never imagine that actually she is using the wise from the Bible. Here I’d like to share with you how she applies Bible into domain investing.

1. Draw the attention.

In Chapter 22 Section 2, Paul used Hebrew in the beginning and drew the attention of the all the people at spot immediately.

The thumb rule of social is to find the common interest. This is also true in the domain community. Be impressive, and stand out of the crowd. For example, the most important stepping stone is not your offer in the inquiry, but the headline and the language. How to catch the seller’s eyes from a long list of inquiry emails in the email box? Write an attractive headline!

2. Introduce yourself.

In Chapter 3, Paul delivered a long introduce of himself.

The importance of first impression is obvious. In the domain community, self-introduction is frequently required. Of course the sellers would like to know who they are talking with, so the anonymous emails with undefined identity could be ignored at once. Many inquiry emails have no self-introduction. If you add this part to your inquiry emails, you might exceed other investors because of this.

3. Insight.

In Chapter 23 Section 6, Paul perceived that people at scene were divided into two parties.

You shall be sensitive and learn to gauge people’s mind in the domain community, especially in the negotiations. Consider carefully on the implications and the hesitations of the other party. Negotiators are always experts in psychology since they know the other parties’ thoughts for the best and then they could find the key points of the problem.

4. Strategy.

In the following Section 6, the two parties were in a mess. Paul had achieved his goal. In the whole section, Paul only said one sentence. That was the strategy.

About strategies, you may get more inspiration from The Art of War and other classic articles about strategy. Sunzi said “use the detour as the fastest way”. To achieve your goals, you might do things in a devious way.

5. Keep Informed.

In the Section 16, Paul received the news from the nephew.

It is universally known that keeping a wildly spread network is important. As a domain name investor, you shall keep informed of all the information resources. The delay in the information seems do not matter that much, but it can also be a decisive factor of your profit gain or loss. For example, when you get to know some inside dope in an industry before anyone else, you buy the related domain name for a low price. The seller would be very regretful then. Similarly, if you are the seller, you can avoid this kind of loss when you are well-informed.

6. Find the key point.

Paul took action soon after knowing the news. He found the Commander and saved himself.

The domain negotiation is all about find the key point, hit the point and succeed. Broaden your horizons and being empathy. Develop a new method of your own and achieve more with less. How to make it? It depends on your knowledge of the seller and the background of the domain name. The better you know about the seller, the bigger chance you will get.

7. Persistence.

It had been years since Paul’s arrest to the last trial. He had never given up.

Many investors said the domain investing is a long-term battle. It requires determination, judgments and persistence. Many cases in the domain investing are just like this. Some negotiation might take as long as 2-3 years as the trial of Paul and even longer to reach a result. Many success stories manifest that for the sellers hard to approach or the premium domain names no one could get, the key of success lies in the persistence of the buyer.

8. Always remember your goal.

Paul’s goal is to go to Roman and claim. He knew what he was for so he had made it.

The goal is the fundamental factor in one’s action. Before the negotiation, set the goals as your expectation and bottom line. If you have no idea of what you want, you might be taken in by the seller during the negotiation by his persuasions. You will be regretful at that time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to read many popular books on how to succeed in business and investing, then I found many of the principles I learned from these books were already written some 3,000 years ago by King Solomon in Proverbs in the Bible. For example:

12:11 Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense. (=> Focus on your own niche and don't chase the latest investment fad.)

13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise (=> Learn from the successful investors.)

14:8 The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways (=> We need to spend time to really think about our investment.)

•••
All great management strategies are perceived from the Bible.

•••
Acts 22:2
When they heard him speak to them in Aramaic, they became very quiet. Then Paul said:

Acts 23:6
Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, "My brothers, I am a Pharisee, descended from Pharisees. I stand on trial because of the hope of the resurrection of the dead."

Acts 23:16
But when the son of Paul's sister heard of this plot, he went into the barracks and told Paul.

•••
all point are great thanks for share.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back