IT.COM

The China domain name market is fluctuating and dangerous.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainMai

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,I'm a domain name investor from China,as you know,the domain name price has been rising like a rocket.Like premium 4L.com,In March,the price is about 100-150 dollars,now 2000 dollars is the lowest price.
In March,5L.com 6N.com 4L.net can be registered,but now the price can be more that ten times.
In the past months,The Chinese domain name investors are crazy,and many new invstors come inside.
But now and later,when the renew time is coming,the market will fll into the abyss.
So guys,pay attention to the danger.
Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com ,because these are companies' first choice,but not the 5L/6L/7L/8L or other gltd ordinary internet users can't remeber.
I'm new here,I'd like to contact and cooperate with you guys:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome. Nice to have someone to share with us what's going on in China.

•••
Welcome. Nice to have someone to share with us what's going on in China.
Thank you very much,I'm happy to share the China domain name market quotation in the present moment.

•••
Why does one have to be physically in China to know what the market is like there? It's not like domains are sold on the streets there. Evidence of supply and demand is everywhere.

•••
Why does one have to be physically in China to know what the market is like there? It's not like domains are sold on the streets there. Evidence of supply and demand is everywhere.
You're right.The global market is very big.
But for some specified types,like 4L/5L and 4N/5N/6N/7N/8N,the price is high in China market,but it may cost nothing in global market.
So I remind to pay attention to the risk of those specified domain names, to avoid blind investment.:)

•••
The herd never pays attention to risks. Its the blind leading the blind. Those making profits, good luck to them. One day this antique collectors mentality bubble will crash.

•••
I know that 4N/5N/6N as well as 7N are even popular with new gTLD now. Many investors are posting their NNNN domains on Facebook Group and Twitter. As a post I saw before, enduses are interested in this kind of domains.

•••
Welcome DomainMai :) Look forwarding to learning more about Chinese domaining.

•••
Buy .com and you can't go wrong.. Buying crap like xyz and .whatever will fail sooner or later but you usually can't really go wrong with .com :)

•••
Thank you for your ideas.
Domain market in China now should be called Domain Stock Market.

•••
Fluctuating and dangerous!

Sounds like something is ominous within the asian domain world! Lol

Hasnt thee Chinese domain rush just started with in the last year if that? I follow this industry quite closely what am I missing?

The domain rush has just begun people and if you are into dot com that's awesome but IMHO there's tons of opportunity in other extensions especially now!

Its to the left off the dot I'm banking since I don't own 4 l or 4 n coms

5588.co just sold over $1000 ! OK we all know com is king ive stated that many times but the op is simply generalizing of course.

:P

•••
Buy .com and you can't go wrong.. Buying crap like xyz and .whatever will fail sooner or later but you usually can't really go wrong with .com :)
Well sure if u can find them or afford them! Not everyone has the capital to own the kom so they gamble elsewhere .

Its obvious kom reigns but theres $$$ in other extensions for sure, how long that lasts tho is another story of course?

Thee trend is your friend until its end!

•••
that is great at-least we get some news from china please keep update with some new story.

•••
With all due respect to all of you guys and DomainMai...

A new face appears, declares to be from China, and you all jump sky-high waiting for:
that is great at-least we get some news from china please keep update with some new story.

It appears that for your all your actions so far in the "Chinese rush" investing, have to be reassured that you're doing right things. Time and time again.
Waiting for anybody to come along, and pat you on the back, reassure, presents some (often secret) expertise. And then you're all full of glee.

And if one tells you "I'm from China," you take with the grain of sugar, instead of salt...
I have absolutely nothing against DomainMai - welcome to NP!

What I'm finding hard to understand, is the apparently shallow belief in what you're doing.
I had to go on a rant, to protect my sanity - I'm in the same boat as you!

•••

A new face appears, declares to be from China, and you all jump sky-high waiting for:

It appears that for your all your actions so far in the "Chinese rush" investing, have to be reassured that you're doing right things. Time and time again.
Waiting for anybody to come along, and pat you on the back, reassure, presents some (often secret) expertise. And then you're all full of glee.

And if one tells you "I'm from China," you take with the grain of sugar, instead of salt...

What I'm finding hard to understand, is the apparently shallow belief in what you're doing.

I agree with some of the above @80-20 , No hard feelings @DomainMai but i think some of us will always be skeptic about whats going on and thats a GOOD thing. we need backed up evidence or data to seriously consider your thoughts. I also agree with what your saying mostly domainmai and its good to hear your thoughts, however it will be much better to show proof to avoid confusion.

•••
caution is always to be advised and blindly buying any names is not good. however, as noted already the trend is your friend so its wise to get in sensibly now and make some sales before the crash

•••
•••

indeed. .com is king
.net chips are killing it too
.org .. meh.

but the keyword in your post is USAULLY
if u buy random chips, you'll get screwed in the end.

do research people
else your just feeding registrars your cash
happy sale.s.

•••

Yeah, if one wanted some good deals on expensive names.... Create a new account on a forum, say you're from the market where the names are hot and then note the sky is falling soon.

All the same, welcome to the forum random screen name from "China".

•••
So I should drop ZZTTT.com next year because..?

•••
You only buy premium 2L/3L.com, .net.... Are you a billionere or what?

•••
And it must be only Chinese Premium LL.com.

•••
Just remember the supply/demand factor involved in each domain and how many possible listings exist. There's a reason why N, NN and L, LL command outrageous prices. Because there are only so many in the world. Economics 101 applied to domains:

N.com or L.com - Only 27 L.COM exist and 10 N.COM exist - Price will be very high
NN.COM or LL.com - Only 100 NN.COM exist and 729 LL.com exist

As you get into the 5L.com and so forth, there are just so many choices that it's not a rare domain, therefore supply/demand factor isn't as far tilted to the demand side because there's lots of supply.

There are roughly 1 million words in the English language. Of those words there are 5000 common, hence why these certain words are expensive: fish.com, tree.com, shirt.com, dog.com, etc

for all 4 charcter .com's, Letters + Numbers + Hyphen, there are just under 1.85 million possible combinations, so some rarity exists depending on the combinations.

When you get into the 5L.com's, the supply side explodes. Almost 70 million combinations possible just in .com alone. Way too many.

You want my opinion, Any TLD, gTLD numbers from N to NNNN(.com, .net, .org, .info, .co, .biz), these are ok because there are only so many that exist 0-999, 1000-9999(11K if you include 0's).

L to LLL is also good because there isn't much supply. LLLL it's ok, but 5L.com, unless it's a premium word or dictionary word, I would reconsider.

What I look for in the 5L.com, net, org are what I call "leveraged" words. Basically a dictionary word that also fits the criteria of CHIPS. So if the domain doesn't sell as a CHIP, at least you have a one word domain and that's worth something.

•••
Warning! Domain name prices can go up.

•••
Only 27 L.COM exist

26 :xf.cool:

When you get into the 5L.com's, the supply side explodes. Almost 70 million combinations possible just in .com alone. Way too many.

11,881,376 , not 70 million.

these are ok because there are only so many that exist 0-999, 1000-9999(11K if you include 0's).

Are we getting trolled here? 0 - 9999 is 10k, nowhere ever will it be 11k because the 0's are included in the count.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back