Domain Empire

The China domain name market is fluctuating and dangerous.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainMai

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,I'm a domain name investor from China,as you know,the domain name price has been rising like a rocket.Like premium 4L.com,In March,the price is about 100-150 dollars,now 2000 dollars is the lowest price.
In March,5L.com 6N.com 4L.net can be registered,but now the price can be more that ten times.
In the past months,The Chinese domain name investors are crazy,and many new invstors come inside.
But now and later,when the renew time is coming,the market will fll into the abyss.
So guys,pay attention to the danger.
Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com ,because these are companies' first choice,but not the 5L/6L/7L/8L or other gltd ordinary internet users can't remeber.
I'm new here,I'd like to contact and cooperate with you guys:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The periodic table of letters predicts 27, the last one just have not been discovered yet. It is expected to be a perfect premium. When added together with non-prems, it will turn ANY combination into premium one.

•••
The periodic table of letters predicts 27, the last one just have not been discovered yet. It is expected to be a perfect premium. When added together with non-prems, it will turn ANY combination into premium one.

The second you said that they all just got hypothetically bought out.

•••
Just remember the supply/demand factor involved in each domain and how many possible listings exist. There's a reason why N, NN and L, LL command outrageous prices. Because there are only so many in the world. Economics 101 applied to domains:

N.com or L.com - Only 27 L.COM exist and 10 N.COM exist - Price will be very high
NN.COM or LL.com - Only 100 NN.COM exist and 729 LL.com exist

As you get into the 5L.com and so forth, there are just so many choices that it's not a rare domain, therefore supply/demand factor isn't as far tilted to the demand side because there's lots of supply.

There are roughly 1 million words in the English language. Of those words there are 5000 common, hence why these certain words are expensive: fish.com, tree.com, shirt.com, dog.com, etc

for all 4 charcter .com's, Letters + Numbers + Hyphen, there are just under 1.85 million possible combinations, so some rarity exists depending on the combinations.

When you get into the 5L.com's, the supply side explodes. Almost 70 million combinations possible just in .com alone. Way too many.

You want my opinion, Any TLD, gTLD numbers from N to NNNN(.com, .net, .org, .info, .co, .biz), these are ok because there are only so many that exist 0-999, 1000-9999(11K if you include 0's).

L to LLL is also good because there isn't much supply. LLLL it's ok, but 5L.com, unless it's a premium word or dictionary word, I would reconsider.

What I look for in the 5L.com, net, org are what I call "leveraged" words. Basically a dictionary word that also fits the criteria of CHIPS. So if the domain doesn't sell as a CHIP, at least you have a one word domain and that's worth something.

I agree. diamonds are rare. therefore expensive. domains too.
people tend to forget why some domains are more expensive thqan others

people also tend to forget especilly recently that #1 universally accepted languqge in world is english. not chinese. so I think its safe to say that cars.com will always be worth more than zxqy.com

•••
I agree. diamonds are rare. therefore expensive. domains too.
people tend to forget why some domains are more expensive thqan others

people also tend to forget especilly recently that #1 universally accepted languqge in world is english. not chinese. so I think its safe to say that cars.com will always be worth more than zxqy.com

There's much speculation diamonds aren't actually rare ... the supply is just artificially restraints to keep them "rare". ;) Just sayin'.

•••
Well "a" in cars.com just kills it...

•••
There's much speculation diamonds aren't actually rare ... the supply is just artificially restraints to keep them "rare". ;) Just sayin'.

I don't care about diamonds.
I prefer domains.

•••

Yes, and that can be done in domains as well.

There were 450K LLLL.com tens of thousands of them selling for low xxx, people could at the start of the project just choose another cheaper one.

Now investors buy them up, raise the prices to diamond level and regulate supply to just enough level to sustain the price.

•••

There were 450K LLLL.com tens of thousands of them selling for low xxx, people could at the start of the project just choose another cheaper one.

Now investors buy them up, raise the prices to diamond level and regulate supply to just enough level to sustain the price.

There's at least some difference between knowing exactly how many exist... and not. At any given point you know there's 450k LLLL's. That's not going to change.

You have no idea how many diamonds there are.

•••

my old trusted generator says its 460k. small diff.. I know. ;)
still 10k of LLLL.com could make someone veryyyy rich today.. lol

its hard to say if 4l.com will end up like 3l.com
ie: steady investment forever.. like diamond forever.
460k is not that rare.

•••
I am sure quantity of diamonds can be fairly closely estimated.

Diamonds are actually a very good analogy.

•••
26 :xf.cool:

11,881,376 , not 70 million.

Are we getting trolled here? 0 - 9999 is 10k, nowhere ever will it be 11k because the 0's are included in the count.

For the 5L I messed up. I calculated all combinations with letters, numbers and hyphen

26 letters + 10 numbers + hyphen = 37 possible per character

37 X 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 = 69,343,957 total

Still, almost 12 million just in letters, that's huge.

26 I already told you I made a mistake and admitted it up top.

The 0's I made a mistake on too.

Regardless, the point is clear, otherwise four people wouldn't of liked my post.

When 5L domains have close to 12 million and 4L domains have less than 500K, that's a huge leap.

Last edited:
•••
感谢各位的回复。
Thanks you guys for replying.

我英文不是很好,大概看了一遍所有的回复。
I'm not very good in English,I saw all the replies generaly.

我看到有支持也有质疑。
I saw support,also question.That's OK.

我初来乍到,看到中国的市场比较危险,有些品种半年涨了20倍,大量无用的域名被注册,这些域名如果没人接盘,到了续费时候就有可能引起连锁反应,没用的域名被抛售,有用的域名的价格也将被挤压,很多有价值的域名的价格可能腰斩,甚至更低。
I'm new here,I saw the danger in China domain name market,some kind of domain names have been 20 times in half a year.If nobody buy the huge useless domain names,it would cause chain reaction,useless domain names will be dumpling but nobody buy,like bitcoins.And the useful domain names will be affected,but the price,you know it.

我只是一个业余的域名投资人,我不是来打压市场趁机购买,我没有那么专业也没有那么多资金。
I'm just a ameteur domain name investor,I'm not here to preesue on the market to take the opportunity to buy,I'm not that professional,also I don't have that much money.

我不是富翁,我说的“Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com”有点问题,实际上我现在收购2L.net、3L.net/.com、4L.com。我的钱不多,但是我可以快速周转。我到这里也是想交点朋友,也许也可以在这里收购一些域名,中国有句古话就“朋友多了路好走”。收购以后我会很快在中国出售掉,用来回笼资金,毕竟我在中国可以主动去销售,而这里大部分朋友可能只是在GD、Sedo、4.cn等地方等待买家咨询。我可以赚的一些差价。

I'm not a millionare,but I do have some money to buy some domain name.:)I said “Now I just buy premium 2L/3L .com/.net/.cn/.net and 4L.com”,there's a little problem,I'm sorry.Accurate said,I invest in 2L.net、3L.net/.com、4L.com now.I don't have that much money,but I buy and sell quickly.
I'm here to make some friends,maybe buy some domain names here and sell in China.As the Chinese old saying "It is easy to live when we have many friends ".After buying in global,I sell quickly in China,so that I have more money to buy more.
After all,In china domain market,I can sell initiative,most of friends here just waiting in GD Sedo 4.cn and so on.I can make some backspread.

我无意去影响这里某些朋友的生意,我只是表达下我对当下中国域名市场的看法,没有其他任何意思,我的英语也不好,如果有冒犯请原谅。
I'm not to affect some friends' business here,I just suggest the China domain name market,because some of you is paying attention.I had no intention of offending,also my English is not good.

我的whatsapp帐号是008615850574940,也是我的手机号码,你可以给我发imessage,我的QQ号是53915959,欢迎交流,也欢迎出售域名给我,出来咋到,我现在只收购3L.net、4L.com,等到流程熟悉了再收购2L.net、3L.com,也许以后能有钱收购2L.com:)我在过去几天在Godaddy和escroe.com买了几个三字母net,但是现在60天不允许转移让我很困扰,我给Godaddy客服写了邮件,等待回复。
My whatsapp ID is 008615850574940,also my phone number,you can also send iMesage,my QQ ID is 53915959,welcome to discuss.Also welcome sell domain names to me,I buy 3L.net 4L.com now,after knowing the process well,I'll buy some 2L.net 3L.com,maybe 2L.com after I make enough money,I hope so:) I bought some 3L.net in Godaddy.com and escrow.com,and I'm confused with the 60-days block of removal request,I sent an e-mail to Godaddy customer,now waiting for reply.

Thank you all!

•••
3L(Letters) = 26 x 26 X 26 = 17,576
4L(Letters) = 26 x 26 x 26 x 26 = 456,976
5L(Letters) = 26 x 26 X 26 X 26 X 26 = 11,881,376

4N(Number) 10 X 10 X 10 X 10 = 10,000

4(L/N/H) = 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 = 1,874,161
5(L/N/H) = 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 = 69,343,957

Anything 5 isn't practical unless it's absolute premium or a one word domain.

•••
3L(Letters) = 26 x 26 X 26 = 17,576
4L(Letters) = 26 x 26 x 26 x 26 = 456,976
5L(Letters) = 26 x 26 X 26 X 26 X 26 = 11,881,376

4N(Number) 10 X 10 X 10 X 10 = 10,000

4(L/N/H) = 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 = 1,874,161
5(L/N/H) = 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 X 37 = 69,343,957

Anything 5 isn't practical unless it's absolute premium or a one word domain.

Tell you what, I will believe it's worth pursuing if at least 50 million get purchased. Then I'm a believer. Until that time, four characters or less and you have something worth holding.

•••
I am a newbe here and in domaining itself, but there is one thing I see and understand - there are more chineses in the world than all 2l + 3l + 4l +5l and 3n + 4n +5n + 6n together.
And the big part of all these domains is in thier hands.
So, what will they deal with after buy all these n+l ?
They will go for 7n, 8n and 9n.....

•••
我初来乍到,看到中国的市场比较危险,有些品种半年涨了20倍,大量无用的域名被注册,这些域名如果没人接盘,到了续费时候就有可能引起连锁反应,没用的域名被抛售,有用的域名的价格也将被挤压,很多有价值的域名的价格可能腰斩,甚至更低。
I'm new here,I saw the danger in China domain name market,some kind of domain names have been 20 times in half a year.If nobody buy the huge useless domain names,it would cause chain reaction,useless domain names will be dumpling but nobody buy,like bitcoins.And the useful domain names will be affected,but the price,you know it.

In your opinion, where will this stop? Prices are going up and up, well past what Bitcoin ever did. When will the prices be so high that Chinese buyers won't want to buy LLLL.com anymore?

在您看来,在那里将这个停下来?价格上升和上升,以及过去有什么比特币做过。房价什么时候会如此之高,中国买家将不想买LLLL.com了吗?

•••
Just remember the supply/demand factor involved in each domain and how many possible listings exist. There's a reason why N, NN and L, LL command outrageous prices. Because there are only so many in the world. Economics 101 applied to domains:

N.com or L.com - Only 27 L.COM exist and 10 N.COM exist - Price will be very high
NN.COM or LL.com - Only 100 NN.COM exist and 729 LL.com exist

As you get into the 5L.com and so forth, there are just so many choices that it's not a rare domain, therefore supply/demand factor isn't as far tilted to the demand side because there's lots of supply.

There are roughly 1 million words in the English language. Of those words there are 5000 common, hence why these certain words are expensive: fish.com, tree.com, shirt.com, dog.com, etc

for all 4 charcter .com's, Letters + Numbers + Hyphen, there are just under 1.85 million possible combinations, so some rarity exists depending on the combinations.

When you get into the 5L.com's, the supply side explodes. Almost 70 million combinations possible just in .com alone. Way too many.

You want my opinion, Any TLD, gTLD numbers from N to NNNN(.com, .net, .org, .info, .co, .biz), these are ok because there are only so many that exist 0-999, 1000-9999(11K if you include 0's).

L to LLL is also good because there isn't much supply. LLLL it's ok, but 5L.com, unless it's a premium word or dictionary word, I would reconsider.

What I look for in the 5L.com, net, org are what I call "leveraged" words. Basically a dictionary word that also fits the criteria of CHIPS. So if the domain doesn't sell as a CHIP, at least you have a one word domain and that's worth something.

Very valuable thinking!

•••
In your opinion, where will this stop? Prices are going up and up, well past what Bitcoin ever did. When will the prices be so high that Chinese buyers won't want to buy LLLL.com anymore?

在您看来,在那里将这个停下来?价格上升和上升,以及过去有什么比特币做过。房价什么时候会如此之高,中国买家将不想买LLLL.com了吗?

太多的因素会影响市场,我不知道什么时候是巅峰,我只是提醒价格不会一直涨,市场总要回归到价值投资。
Too many factors will affect the market, I do not know when it is the peak, I just remind the price will not have been rising, the market always return to the value of investment.

对于中国买家,四字母.com会一直有需求,但中外需求差别很大。
For Chinese buyers, the four letter.Com will always be in demand, but the difference between Chinese and foreign demand is very big.

For example,beok.com maybe very exspensive for you,but to Chinese buyers,maybe he would't bid more than $1000.You maybe surprised,but it's the truth,we prefer domain names like BJLY ,which mens "北京旅游""Beijing travel".

Thank you for discussing.

•••
For example,beok.com maybe very exspensive for you,but to Chinese buyers,maybe he would't bid more than $1000.You maybe surprised,but it's the truth,we prefer domain names like BJLY ,which mens "北京旅游""Beijing travel".

Thank you.

Which brings me to another question - are letter translations accurate within Google translate?

For example, does qqfwn actually translate out to 'Worldwide" or some kind of similar idea like "Global scope".

https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/qqfwn

•••
Thank you.

Which brings me to another question - are letter translations accurate within Google translate?

For example, does qqfwn actually translate out to 'Worldwide" or some kind of similar idea like "Global scope".

https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/qqfwn
No,we use Chinese pinyin,qqfwn can mean “全球范围内”.If you have some,just mail to me,I'm happy to translate for you:)

•••
No,we use Chinese pinyin,qqfwn can mean “全球范围内”.If you have some,just mail to me,I'm happy to translate for you:)
Actually google translates qqfwn as 全球范围内

So, at least Google translates pinyin into chinese characters correct?

What about these ones:

bspxz Video download
cypfs Tea Wholesalers
gchcz Car owner
gcdyz Communists

•••
Welcome Aboard

You are like the domain Messiah we have been long awaiting... :)

Why do you think that they will drop during renewal? If some one has invested a couple of 100 in a domain, why wouldn't they renew it?

•••
Actually google translates qqfwn as 全球范围内

So, at least Google translates pinyin into chinese characters correct?

What about these ones:

bspxz Video download
cypfs Tea Wholesalers
gchcz Car owner
gcdyz Communists
The left and the right have no connection,Chinese use L to represent a word

•••
Welcome Aboard

You are like the domain Messiah we have been long awaiting... :)

Why do you think that they will drop during renewal? If some one has invested a couple of 100 in a domain, why wouldn't they renew it?
Thank you.If no money to renew and nobody to buy,then drop it.
Most of China investors are individual,not fundation or company,you may hear "中国大妈",China mama.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back