news The Brandosphere

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Today we are looking at brandable sales on Sedo and NameJet that were released earlier in the week.

TechTemple.com sold for $16,000, a great name IMO. Tech is a popular selling keyword, add in the alliteration with this one just makes it all the better. The seller was out of Korea, the domain was registered in 2005 by a registrant in Oregon. The name dropped twice before 2005. The Oregon registrant looks to have sold it a year later to the Korean company. The Korean company buys and sells domain names. Took 10 years to sell and this IMO is a better brandable than most listed on any brandable boutique. Sedo still shows as the registrant.

Noote.com sold for 4,000 Euros, a play on note and a naming pattern that has seen an uptick on BrandBucket lately. There are many names getting approved that are repeating a letter in the middle or the end. I tend to get the ending better, a name like Fiverr makes more sense to me than Fiiver. The name has been registered since 2006 and dropped three times before.

CreditFit.com sold for $2,899 this was a buy it now listing. They probably left some money on the table as CSC handled the purchase for their client, OneTechnologies who actually uses a .net as the .com is developed and trademarked. The domain has been registered since 2002.

Rest of the article here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today in TheBrandosphere

WalMart is buyer of a Michael Krell Name

WalMart Using BrandBucket for Domain Acquisition

Michael Krell is the most prolific seller on BrandBucket, month in and month out Michael racks up at least a dozen sales. One name that was reported sold in May was TechBetter.com, the name apparently sold for $2,395 according to DNBolt.com. The whois has updated and the buyer is WalMart. The fixed pricing of BrandBucket may have saved WalMart some money and cost Michael some. It stands to reason they … [Read more...]

•••
A Look at 5 Brandable Sales from the latest Uniregistry Reveal

Looking at the recent new sales data that Uniregistry shared with DN Journal was interesting. Taking a look at some of the prices attained was eye opening to some and puzzling to others. Commenters on forums have wondered how some names sold for such a high price. Since we are always looking at brandables on this blog, I took a look at the top 5 sales. These five names certainly would have been … [Read more...]

•••
Does BrandBucket Have A Confidence Problem ?

When doing business in an industry like domaining you may run into conflicts of interest, or perceived conflicts of interest more often than other industries. For the most part the companies you do business with all started out small and may still be in direct competition with their customers. I am not in competition with Comcast or in with AT & T. I am in competition with certain divisions of … [Read more...]

The comments really get into the back and forth on the debate. Michael Krell did leave a comment and says he pays 30%. Many thought he did not pay commission.

•••
How Namepros Became The Wholesale Platform for BrandBucket

About a year ago a new sales trend started on Namepros. The largest forum in the industry became the wholesale trading platform for BrandBucket. Without discussing it in the BrandBucket experience thread on Namepros, a couple of members Brand Pluck and Crocodile Dundee started a new kind of auction. They were auctioning off brandable domain names that had been accepted by BrandBucket. These names were … [Read more...]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back