Dynadot

information The Brandable Insider: We’ve Got To Stop Tooling Around

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Alright let’s just end this affair right here. I’m making it official. This is the last installment in my three part series on making money on the buy. Like a well-worn wrench hiding under a rag at the back of the work bench I’m uncovering the last few tools. You’ve heard of them but I’m hoping to give some additional insight and help you max out their value. As usual, I’ll be using domains sales from this past week to illustrate my points.
A search at Crunch Base shows that there are at least 20 startups using ‘click’ as the first word in their brand. It’s being used for startups offering SaaS, mobile, video streaming, eCommerce, software, marketing and more. This tells me it’s a popular and versatile keyword. I then search for the keyword ‘taxi’ and find similar results.
At Namebio I search for ‘click’ and adjust my search settings by selecting “at the start” and “dot-com only”. I sort the results by price and look at the top 25 sales. I see that the top sales for names starting with ‘click’ range from $25K to $4K. Based on my prior searches I know that this is a very good price range and indicates good keyword strength. Next I search for ‘taxi’ and this time select “at the end” and specify dot-com only. Here I see that ‘taxi’, although a very strong keyword does not command the same sales prices as the keyword ‘click’. The range of prices for the top 25 sales is $4800 to $1200. So all total our research indicates exceptional keyword strength and strong value...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for taking the time to write this article @Keith DeBoer You're a real asset to bb!

Why do you only include bb and NameBio?

There are other services reporting sales. There are other marketplaces making brandable sales as well...

For instance, the first NameBio sale you reported, was sold on GoDaddy. This domain would not have sold on GoDaddy for $231 if it was listed on bb for $X,XXX. And if it did, the domain owner would owe more than $231 to bb...

upload_2016-6-13_7-37-9.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back