IT.COM

Thank you Namedrive

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wanted to say a big thanks to the Namedrive Team.
Treat me right and i'm one of those clients/customers who will always thankyou and champion you.
I dont park many domains these days, but apart from another company i use (who are very good) Namedrive, are also up there as the top boys.
Yes you, guessed it, not sedo rofl.
Their team of staff are exremely helpful and friendly, something rare to find these days.
It was a technical/legal matter i needed help on this time and i really appreciate your help Guys.
Thankyou

arnie a.k.a Pred B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the past several weeks, the NameDrive site has been....shall I say.."iffy" to access. The pages load extremely slowly and sometimes not at all...

I've been having a hard time getting in and viewing my stats.

•••
First 4 days of the new year at Namedrive....NOT good at all. Stats, views, clicks and CPC all gone down the gutter...incredible.

:|

Last edited:
•••
Hi Datalife,

With New Year's Day falling on a Thursday, giving everyone in the world an opportunity to take a long weekend, I expect this weekend will be the biggest holiday weekend of the year, so it's good to get it out of the way right off. Things should pick up as this week progresses, though.

Happy 2009 everyone.

Ed

•••
my stats from sedo, nd, bodis, etc. are all pretty much similar...

•••
Ed rocks!!!!

Happy 2009, NameDrive!

•••
Hi L2,

Last January was far stronger because New Year's was on a Tuesday, so you can't really take a long weekend after that :) I think with it falling on a Thursday, it gave everyone a chance to take a nice long weekend before the year proper begins :)

Wearing Grey, um, thanks :)

Ed

•••
•••
Having been solicited by email this morning to try NameDrive again, I spent a lot of time picking out some domains to move over there and test for improvement over the last time I had domains there. As soon as I got them picked out, DNS changed and moved into groups, I no longer could get into my portfolio, and it's been that way for over half an hour now. Just hangs. I don't have time for this, and I'm moving my domains back to where they were. NOT impressed. Please don't solicit me if the system isn't ready or working yet, kthnxbai.

•••
I no longer could get into my portfolio

Funny, I don't have any problems today at all getting into my ND account.

It's probably your connection, or it could possibly be something out of both your and ND's control.

You really should double check things before blasting a reputable company. There are very few folks from these companies who take the time to come here and talk with their clients. That in itself should speak volumes.

ND = Two thumbs up!

•••
No, they were down. The rep I was dealing with confirmed it. And you don't need to tell me to double check things, thanks.

•••
netmeg said:
No, they were down. The rep I was dealing with confirmed it. And you don't need to tell me to double check things, thanks.

Well in the whole 5 minutes or (whatever sort span of time it was) is definately not a reason to come in here and complain. You probably spent more time typing out your complaint then ND was actually down.

I was in and out of the control panel all day yesterday myself so I know it could not have been for an extended period of time. Whatever time period it was, it was sort.

And if you were working with a rep like you stated you were, you would know they may have had (I've still not confirmed or gotten proof they were down) a small hiccup and they were addressing the issue.

You're looking for reasons to complain.

Yes, you do have the right to complain, and yes, I do have the right to say you're petty.

Head on over to one of the other parking companies that deal in international traffic. I'm SURE they'll threat you better LOL.

•••
WTF? Since you obviously didn't read what I wrote, what *is* your problem?

•••
I don't have a problem. You're petty, I called you out for it. You obviously don't like it but that's how it is.

The question is, WTF is your problem?

•••
My problem is people who show up out of nowhere launching personal attacks when I post about a problem with a parking company. I've already wasted too much time on this issue, and on you, so it stops now. Sorry to see this forum go the way of so many of the others, but I suppose it's inevitable.

•••
Hey, Wearing Grey.
Thanks for sticking up for us, but NetMeg has always been a very kind supporter of our services and I, for one, took her comment as merely that, a comment that the homepage was down, not a dig at us.

To clarify things, we were down for 2 hours' maintenance on Sunday night, but parked pages were not affected.

Hope this clears matters up and we can all get back into the New Year's spirit of things :D

Ed

•••
edit - Fair enough, Ed.

•••
l2ride55 said:
It's not even humanly possible

Maybe you should re-read.

nutmeg said:
I don't have time for this, and I'm moving my domains back to where they were. NOT impressed.

Ed said:
To clarify things, we were down for 2 hours' maintenance on Sunday night, but parked pages were not affected.

They had maintenance going for 2 hours. This is normal routine for any company and I don't think anyone disputs that.

However, Netmeg stated it was Wednesday when she had problems, not Sunday.

Whatever problem there was _yesterday_ it couldn't have been for long as I used the panel a lot yesterday. I know first hand it was wasn't down long, if at all.

Considering all of the problems there are with parking companies, registrars, etc, a small blip (if there were one) on an otherwise spotless radar is very petty. It's not a personal attack by any means, it's a pretty well-founded opinion - but still an opinion none-the-less and I'm entitled to that.

So yes, it's entirely humanly possible to construe her comment as a dig at the company. It's entirely humaly possible to take this comment:

nutmeg said:
I don't have time for this, and I'm moving my domains back to where they were. NOT impressed.

for what it is. I took the comment at face value, nothing more, nothing less.

But, I do offer an apology to Ed for inserting my 2 cents and helping to muck up even further this otherwise positive thread praising ND.

ND is great and I'm a very happy client.

Ed, ND, NetMeg, and L2 -- Happy 2009 and all the best!

•••
I had bad dealings with NameDrive a year or two ago.

They only owed me around $300-$400 but they sent me an email asking how I was getting my traffic. I told them I do not give out that info and they should get that info on their own or do not ask, so the next email from them got a little more heated so I just told them to keep the money and stick it somewhere, and they did. :td:

Glad to see most people not having a problem like that. :)

Dave

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back