Dynadot

domain TESTMY.IQ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Saif Al Mashhadi

Established Member
Impact
Great domain hack. Should get good money from the right buyer. Everyone wants an IQ test done and this is a really descriptive domain hack.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@matrigaldo

You're right. I've been looking over the CMC.iq documentation, and they do state $35 per year.

Unfortunately, I have not found any accredited registrars where I can buy or renew .IQ domains at $35 -- or even below $199. Maybe if I spent hours looking, I'd find them. But I have other things to do with my time.

The CMC does have a table of accredited registrars here:

http://www.cmc.iq/en/pdfcmc/IQ/EN/Registration Procedures for Normal Registrars.pdf

And? It's completely empty.

They also have some worrisome verbiage:

"The following should meet eligibility requirements in order to apply for (.iq) domain :
- commercial commissions.
- IT companies and service providers .
- Natural individuals, citizens, or residents in Iraq.
- Non-profitable organizations.
- Schools and private institutions recognized by Higher Education."

I'm none of those things. The requirements for third-level domains are more stringent even than that.

With so many obstacles, the domain is worth less. If the seller wants to encourage bidding in an auction, he should find a simple way for people to feel secure buying.

•••
The table of accredited registrar are available on arabic site,
In your request for .iq if you are stated that you are school or organization you should give the papers and documents that support your request,
You can renew your domain through CMC since I applied my request through CMC.

•••
Really? What TLDs? It's registered in .COM / .NET / .ORG. And even IQTest.me is listed by the .ME registry as a premium domain.

I suppose a person could register IQTest.country or IQTest.plumbing.

To be fair, TestMy.IQ would be worth something if it weren't for the high renewal cost.
Those are the only TLDs you know?
.im, .fr, .li, .pm .re and many others are available.

•••

Im agree with you but how will be the domain testmy,im , testmy.pm tesmy.li , these are should be worthless , cheap domains :)

•••
I like the play on words, nice hack, but I would never build anything of worth on the .iq extension. Just uncomfortable with investing time/effort/money on an extension emanating out of an unstable region.

•••
Im agree with you but how will be the domain testmy,im , testmy.pm tesmy.li , these are should be worthless , cheap domains :)
Seriously? I hope you are joking.
I'd rather get IQTest.im than Testmy.iq.
test.iq would be the domain hack, testmy.iq is simply worthless in term of value and time.

•••
Seriously? I hope you are joking.
test.iq would be the domain hack, testmy.iq is simply worthless in term of value and time.
so just get it

•••
Hey, you posted in the domain appraisal forum, these guys are giving you their appraisal. Saying, "so just get it" is not helpful. They aren't trying to buy a domain, they are trying to tell you that they believe this domain does not hold as much value as you think it does.

•••

You have opened my eyes. All these years working as a full time domain investor, and nobody ever told me there were more than 3 TLDs in the world. Thank you! Thank you! Let me kiss your hands!!!

.IM isn't relevant and gets in the way. I'm confident that 99% of the general public would prefer TestMy.IQ as an intuitive domain name to "test their IQ" rather than the nonsense you claim to find preferable:

TestIQ.fr
(as if the ccTLD for France were ideal for an English SLD?)

TestIQ.im
(instant messaging IQ tests? Huh?)

TestIQ.pm
(only in the afternoon?)

TestIQ.re
(for realtors?)

TestIQ.li
(You're seriously proposing an abbreviation for the world's tiniest country, Liechtenstein, as being more meaningful for IQ tests than the letters "IQ" themselves?)

Some domainers are so eager to find fault with other people's domains that they go out of their way to make ridiculous assertions.

@-EM-

Come on! Any fool can see that "Test my IQ" is a natural phrase whereas "IQ Test Li" is gibberish.

•••
Come on! Any fool can see that "Test my IQ" is a natural phrase whereas "IQ Test Li" is gibberish.

That's not the point. The point is that .IQ represents an unstable country. Part of Iraq has fallen to insurgents who are beheading people, for God's sake.

•••
That's not the point. The point is that .IQ represents an unstable country.

More than one point has been made in this thread. If I respond to one, that doesn't mean I've ignored the other.

•••
I think IQTest.LINK is more valuable for under 10 bucks than this domain with the instability in the region (again, thanks Obama) and restrictions placed on the .iq registrations (a trustee is a joke in the region right now, sorry).

•••
That's not the point. The point is that .IQ represents an unstable country. Part of Iraq has fallen to insurgents who are beheading people, for God's sake
I may agree with you that Iraq unstable country , but .iq ccTLD are stable and no any technical issue noticed since it back to Iraq at 2005, you will not buy a home or a shop inside Iraq . you are purchasing domain have a dns servers world wide distributed :)

•••
I think IQTest.LINK is more valuable for under 10 bucks than this domain with the instability in the region (again, thanks Obama) and restrictions placed on the .iq registrations (a trustee is a joke in the region right now, sorry).

No any restriction or trustee needed to register .IQ domain , domain registration are open for all

•••
IQTest.LINK for under $10 is a viable and cheaper solution.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You have opened my eyes. All these years working as a full time domain investor, and nobody ever told me there were more than 3 TLDs in the world. Thank you! Thank you! Let me kiss your hands!!!

.IM isn't relevant and gets in the way. I'm confident that 99% of the general public would prefer TestMy.IQ as an intuitive domain name to "test their IQ" rather than the nonsense you claim to find preferable:

TestIQ.fr
(as if the ccTLD for France were ideal for an English SLD?)

TestIQ.im
(instant messaging IQ tests? Huh?)

TestIQ.pm
(only in the afternoon?)

TestIQ.re
(for realtors?)

TestIQ.li
(You're seriously proposing an abbreviation for the world's tiniest country, Liechtenstein, as being more meaningful for IQ tests than the letters "IQ" themselves?)

Some domainers are so eager to find fault with other people's domains that they go out of their way to make ridiculous assertions.

@-EM-

Being sarcastic won't make you smarter, probably the opposite (.... cough couch)
If you don't understand someone's statement doesn't mean it is nonsense or ridiculous.
I don't know how natural to you is "test my iq", but IMO it doesn't really make sense. Test your iq has more sense.
BTW it is IQ TEST not test iq and still I repeat myself I'd rather get the alternatives mentioned above, than test my .iq
Here are some results about the Avg monthly searches on google.
test my iq - 2900
iq test (france) - 1900 The number of french people who search "iq test" is comparable with random people worldwide who search "test my iq".
iq test (worldwide) - 823000
test iq - 60500

I don't see the point to continue posting here, everything is clear already.
All that time wasted as full time domainer and FYI, Liechtenstein is not the smallest country in the world.

•••
I may agree with you that Iraq unstable country , but .iq ccTLD are stable

The fact that .iq names haven't been stolen or deleted yet doesn't matter, as ccTLD investments are made on the strength and stability of the country.

This fact might well be referred to as Domain Investment 101 - Fact 1, and you should understand and agree with it if you hope to be taken seriously...

•••
I don't see the point to continue posting here, everything is clear already.

This fact might well be referred to as Domain Investment 101 - Fact 1, and you should understand and agree with it if you hope to be taken seriously...

Argumentative, pompous posturing is no substitute for a sound argument. The mark of any mature intelligent person is a calm willingness to be disproven.

When someone feels the need to thump his chest about "This fact" ... or stick his index finger in someone else's face about "Fact 1" ... or insist that "You should understand and agree with [me]" ... or walk away in a huff announcing "everything is clear" ... or condescend to others, implying that they don't deserve to be "taken seriously" ...

Then you forfeit the right to be taken seriously yourself. Even if you bring up good points, you end up looking juvenile.

Take that for what it's worth, if the shoe fits.

•••
Argumentative, pompous posturing is no substitute for a sound argument. The mark of any mature intelligent person is a calm willingness to be disproven.

When someone feels the need to thump his chest about "This fact" ... or stick his index finger in someone else's face about "Fact 1" ... or insist that "You should understand and agree with [me]" ... or walk away in a huff announcing "everything is clear" ... or condescend to others, implying that they don't deserve to be "taken seriously" ...

Then you forfeit the right to be taken seriously yourself. Even if you bring up good points, you end up looking juvenile.

Take that for what it's worth, if the shoe fits.

It is clear that you are a very sensitive and emotional person, and i'm sorry that you are that way and feel the need to have a go at me and my perfectly reasonable and helpful comment.

•••
It is clear that you are a very sensitive and emotional person, and i'm sorry that you are that way and feel the need to have a go at me and my perfectly reasonable and helpful comment.

Hardly. I just believe children like you are our future.

•••
Hardly. I just believe children like you are our future.

Imageauthors, please ignore all of my comments in the future - I have no desire to engage in any kind of conversation with you.

•••
@dnrevolution,

Can't take criticism?

Honestly, I'm all over the place in the domain industry. It's a very small community, really. So it makes sense to shake hands and move forward. Otherwise, we'll be crossing paths all the time; and that might be upsetting for you if you're the kind of guy who holds grudges.

Shake?

•••
@dnrevolution,

Can't take criticism?

Honestly, I'm all over the place in the domain industry. It's a very small community, really. So it makes sense to shake hands and move forward. Otherwise, we'll be crossing paths all the time; and that might be upsetting for you if you're the kind of guy who holds grudges.

Shake?

I don't deal in .net domains, or low value names, so I very much doubt that our paths will cross! As I say, please respect my wishes..

•••
@dnrevolution,

That's not how things work. If you comment in public -- and this forum IS public -- then anything you say is fair game for comment. I see no reason whatsoever to tiptoe around you or anybody else.

Once you calm down, you ought to realize that you're overreacting. And that's ok. The backlash against my "low value domains" is a clear sign that you feel hurt. But when you prance around as a brand-new domainer making absolutist claims and denigrating others, you are going to be criticized. You won't survive this industry with such a thin skin, my friend.

I'm going to reach out my hand for that hand shake via PM. A gentleman with real confidence and humility will accept that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back