NameSilo

domain TESTMY.IQ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Saif Al Mashhadi

Established Member
Impact
Great domain hack. Should get good money from the right buyer. Everyone wants an IQ test done and this is a really descriptive domain hack.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain is worthless. IQ.test would be the right domain, or at last test.iq
How much is the reg fee anyway?

•••
I believe the registration at most places is around $200.

Unfortunately I don't see any value in this domain as far as resale goes.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
•••
not even worth reg fee, since it's $35/y

•••
I believe it to be regfee undeveloped as there is likely to be 0 traffic for this domain hack. As you develop it and gTLD's come to light (albeit a ccTLD), you may be able to get it recognized across social media networks, improve its ranking in search engines and start earning revenue on it.

I would say this is more of a hobbyist domain than one that will attract end user/hack domainers.

It shouldn't be that much of a challenge developing it and adding random quizzes to assign IQ scores to on certain topics in which one can share their scores over social media (driving traffic) with the multitude of WordPress plugins available.

Good luck,
David

Last edited:
•••
Saif,

IQ is a TLD I last looked in to around 4/5 years ago, and back then there were real difficulties in acquiring .iq domains.

I must say, I disagree with everyone who has commented on this thread thus far, and think that this domain, if we are looking at it on "face value", isn't bad at all. However, as with all hacks, we must consider the desirability of the TLD and there are, of course, many "challenges" in Iraq, both domestically and politically.

Because of this, I can't put an approximate value on this domain, nor can anyone else.

Good luck with it 'though!

•••
The .iq TLD is still embryonic. It never had a chance to grow due to the political upheaval and checked history of Iraq.
I did a survey about a year ago, and there were something like 200 domains registered in the zone perhaps... (if I remember correctly).
Because the TLD is very 'uncrowded', there are much better domains to be had. Of course, no regular, consistent secondary market can exist in the present conditions.

As for the restrictions, I am not sure. Apparently .iq is more or less open currently, but the 3rd level registrations (.com.iq etc) are usually reserved to local entities.

The biggest problem with .iq (or .sy) is that the country is disintegrating. It might still survive as 'Iraq' albeit in a different form. But this not certain. I would think twice before setting up my online presence on the TLD of an evanescent country.
Good luck

•••
The only problems that facing the growing of .IQ ccTLD that 1. there were real difficulties and restriction and not was open for individuals in acquiring .IQ domains.
2. policies were not supporting 2nd Market I made study before entering this industry.
polices now available ,3 there were no registrars CMC was the only entity that provide .iq registration.
knowing that
.IQ DNSs are world wide distributed .
an example is google.iq is 5 years online with no any issue.

Iraq as a country will still a live since it the birthplace of writing and the world's oldest civilizations. The area has been home to continuous successive civilizations since the 6th millennium BC.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree with most of the people who've responded.

TestMy.IQ is a good domain, and it ought to be developed. Properly marketed, a site for IQ tests -- serious or fun -- should prove quite popular.

There has been a retail niche for this sort of thing for decades. Math puzzles. Quizzes. Riddles. Real IQ tests are the admission ticket to clubs like MENSA. And they're used by schools in some form or another.

$35 per year isn't much. Plenty of ccTLDs cost more. Many of the new TLDs cost more too.

I would suggest listing TestMy.IQ on Flippa. Not all domains succeed in Flippa auctions. But there it might be noticed by web designers able to create the right sort of website.

In this case, I'll put my money where my mouth is. If you list TestMy.IQ on Flippa, I'll bid $50. (That is assuming the renewal fee is $35, as you've described.)

Maybe you'll get a sale in the mid $xxx to lower $x,xxx range if things go well. إن شاء الله‎

P.S. Let me clarify that the most likely result of an auction is either no sale or something like $xx to low $xxx. Best-case scenarios do not always materialize.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Image Authors for your great advice ,
My domain is already listed on flippa , I'm not great side builder but may I will work work on your advice to promote the domain ranking.

•••
I'm not great side builder but may I will work work on your advice to promote the domain ranking.

No, don't build a website. That's a job for somebody else who is skilled in web design, experienced with online marketing, and equipped with material for IQ tests.

Domain investors always think that they should develop their domains in order to justify buying them or in order to help them sell. Don't.

•••
Did you just list the domain with a 3-day auction? 30 days would give you the best chance of a sale.

Also, where can I verify the $35 renewal fee?

•••
Search google for CMC iq domain prices, it was listed for 14 days auction

•••
You know I can not post link here ;)

•••
Search google for CMC iq domain prices, it was listed for 14 days auction

The cheapest rate I've been able to find is $199 per year. So that precludes my bidding.

•••
This is not directly from CMC , communication and media commission the real price is 35 USD/ year CMC dot iq

•••
IQTest is available in many TLDs much cheaper than $35

•••
Worth about $20. Reg fee is $35.

•••
This is not directly from CMC , communication and media commission the real price is 35 USD/ year CMC dot iq

From what I can tell, residency requirements get in the way. So registrars like 101Domain or Marcaria may be charging extra for a trustee service.

With an ongoing cost of $199 per year for non-Iraqis, this domain is too big a liability for anyone except an end user.

•••
IQTest is available in many TLDs much cheaper than $35

Really? What TLDs? It's registered in .COM / .NET / .ORG. And even IQTest.me is listed by the .ME registry as a premium domain.

I suppose a person could register IQTest.country or IQTest.plumbing.

To be fair, TestMy.IQ would be worth something if it weren't for the high renewal cost.

•••
Is 101domain or maracria are .iq accredited registrar !?, no they are not, you should get the price and the requirements from an accredited registrar .
No resedncy requirement for .iq , it is only for 3rd level domain com or net ..etc

•••
Really? What TLDs? It's registered in .COM / .NET / .ORG. And even IQTest.me is listed by the .ME registry as a premium domain.

I suppose a person could register IQTest.country or IQTest.plumbing.

To be fair, TestMy.IQ would be worth something if it weren't for the high renewal cost.

On CMC dot IQ the renewal cost is really $35/year, just checked. High, but not as high as other ccTLDs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back