NameSilo

Tax stuff from Domain Services LLC?????

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This morning I received a 1099-MISC tax paper from Domain Services LLC based in Waltham Mass. What am I suppose to do with this. Is it the parent company or subsidiary of someone else? What am I suppose to with the form, below it it says "Keep for your records" and on line two it says "Royalties" and I have x,xxx.xx amount listed there. It also has the payers FIN and my SS# on it.

Any one who's received one of these or know of the company or know what's going, please help.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You ever use GoldKey?
They are owned by Domain Services... I didn't get a 1099 from them b/c I only used them for a couple of days, but that sounds plausible...
-Allan

•••
1099 is a form for self employed people, I have to file them all the time at the end of the year since I own my own business. Usually if you a receive an amount for over $500 out of the entire year you are required to report it to the IRS. I'm not sure if this would fall under a Form C or not however depending on if taxes were withdrawn or they were with-held. Your best bet is check out irs.gov and find out more regarding your 1099.

The form is also used for the company's information so they can state when/where and how much money was paid out to you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back