NameSilo

.tv TampaBay.TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

I am reaching out to see if anyone here has the backorder for TampaBay.TV ? Also to find out if my assumption that if it drops whoever has the backorder will still have to pay the premium renewal fee of $ 1,000/yr and that it will go to auction automatically?

Thanks so much!

Best,

Cate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let's not pretend this is one big community helping each other as it's not.
Domaining is a very independent business where your forum 'friends' are also your rivals when buying names or competing for drops.

Sure it's easy to say Fin shouldn't of picked up tampabay.tv or if he did then he should of gave it to Cate but this business just doesn't work like that.

Members here have picked up bo's of premium names owned by forum 'friends' consistently over last few yrs & rarely returned the domains to those who were paying the premium so decided to drop.

I've been in situation myself a few times when i had premiums i was dropping & i appealed on the forum for whoever had the BO to contact me to make a deal but of course nobody came forward.
And i understand why they didn't, bear no resentment.

Sure Fin can be frustrating but i wouldn't have too much criticism of him for keeping this BO & name unless you want to criticize everyone who used the BO system to grab premium domains.

You beat me with your comment,I was going to say the exact same thing.Those who criticize Fin for what he's done are the ones who have been profiting from the inability of struggling tv'ers to pay the renewal fees.Funny,really funny...

Almost as funny as the euphemism you just used to describe this business... "Domaining is a very independent business where".I've never come across any industry or business where its members keep stabbing each other in the back in all sorts of entertaining ways in order to succeed.

•••
The fact that domaining is a independent business doesn't mean you can't be friend of other domainers or try to help each other.
Basically we're all after enduser money and the enduser field is quite unlimited. Obviously I prefer to sell my domains but If I know that an enduser could be interested in a domain another domainer owns I am more than happy to introduce the two (it happened and will happen again).
Regarding TampaBay it was the opportunity to make a very kind move on a very specific situation. This doesn't mean that he's a monster or that he must be insulted for not doing (and in fact nobody is doing this).

•••
I have no hard feelings against Fin - I'm more concerned about his health right now - once he gets his Geo.TV vision going I hope I, and others, will be able to help him :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back