Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
We all hope :) -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVZuQiYCpAo&feature=player_detailpage"]Domain Name Bidding War - YouTube[/ame]

•••
•••
•••
mrcurly; We all hope :) - [/quote said:
Oh man! That spiked my blood pressure! We all do hope:yell:

•••
Yes but they're making phone bidders divulge their max bid up front. That's not true auction form at all!

Seems very strange as the heat of an auction invariably gets bidders upping the ante,phone or otherwise.And more than 1 bidder is what every seller wants.

I can't believe a phone bidder cannot increase their initial max bid when it really gets down to the final few bids-that is an auction?

Perhaps we don't have all the info.

•••
Update:

"Phone bid registrations are pouring in as the deadline closes in. SameAsCash.com leads in registrations as of last night. I think the final number will show 60% of the lots will have phone bidders."

http://www.ricksblog.com/

Are those considered good numbers? 40% of the lots have no phone bidders and of course, no online bidding. The people that are there in person, are going to like that 40% that not even 1 person was willing to phone bid on?

•••
Are those considered good numbers? 40% of the lots have no phone bidders and of course, no online bidding. The people that are there in person, are going to like that 40% that not even 1 person was willing to phone bid on?

Those that have bothered to sign up a phone bidders are already motivated and 60% is high and those sellers whose names have multi phone bidders should be drooling as it should see those names do very well. The heat of the moment will also draw in bidders from the audience.

Those in the audience will still have to bid against each other for the remaining 40% as they missed on the phone bids may well see some mini bidding wars.

Of course some names will sell at reserve with 1 bidder,some names will not sell but it does look like we may see quite a number of lots sold,the final $ total will reflect either the current state of the market or the well prepared auction-who knows! B-)

•••
"Those that have bothered to sign up a phone bidders are already motivated and 60% is high and those sellers whose names have multi phone bidders should be drooling as it should see those names do very well."

but

"I can't believe a phone bidder cannot increase their initial max bid when it really gets down to the final few bids-that is an auction?"

If that is in fact true, is stupid. I have a set number in my head when I participate in auctions, which I tend to go over in the "heat of the battle" :) Having a set max bid, will cut down on the potential to have that bidding war, to have people go over what they think is initially their max. If you have domains in that auction, you should demand that rule gets changed (if it is in fact true)

As far as that 40% having not 1 phone bid whatsoever, I guess I expected a little more, with all the emailing I've seen people post about. Edited to add: last year "15% were phone bidders" So, I guess that's an improvement.

Last edited:
•••
my 2 cents best domains that are going for hella cheap and good reserve and no reserve are.

3Dmovie.com
GtldForum.com
adultgaming.com

•••
my 2 cents best domains that are going for hella cheap and good reserve and no reserve are.

3Dmovie.com
GtldForum.com
adultgaming.com

Last edited:
•••
Honest question what is adult gaming ?

Instead of 2 hands on the joypad you have one!:xf.love:

Lots of adult games everywhere on the net. (over 18's only)

•••
Last edited:
•••
My contribution, lot 189

HighEnergyBar.com

HighEnergyBars.com

Multiscreens.com

DateLadies.com

DatingLadies.com

FareDiscount.com

SingleGentleman.com

FirstPageRanking.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19795418

"The rest of the European team had spent at least an hour at the course preparing for their matches, but Mcllroy's late arrival meant he was only able to hurriedly eat an energy bar and take a few practice swings before having to dash to the first tee."

Imagine what he would have done if he had eaten a High Energy Bar! :D

•••
•••
I really like adultgaming dot com. In my opinion it's one of the better domains in the auction. Good luck with it Lennco.

1. Gambling
2. Video Games

I have had 2 low $xxxx offers on it.

•••
Imagine what he would have done if he had eaten a High Energy Bar! :D

"High Energy Bar" doesn't make sense IMO

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
In medical point of view, it doesn't. That is just marketing and brainless people believe.

Why do you care if it makes medical sense? Are you a doctor?
Marketability is what matters.
High Energy Bar(s) is Highly Marketable.
And that translates into $$$$$

•••
Why do you care if it makes medical sense? Are you a doctor?
Marketability is what matters.
High Energy Bar(s) is Highly Marketable.
And that translates into $$$$$

No, a pharmacist. And I told the reason why it exists.

Last edited:
•••
No, a pharmacist. And I told the reason why it exists.

Well then, since your a primarily a pharmacist and you are going to apply "Logic" to this business and all domain names like Mr. Spock would, and if your nose is pointed up and it bothers you to cater to so called "brainless people" then you shouldn't be a domainer.

Domaining requires the ability to be Highly Imaginative and the ability to create or discover domains that may sometimes deify all practical Logic.

I am sure as a drug dealer, I mean pharmacist you are use to dealing with Brianless people all the time ;)

•••
Well then, since your a primarily a pharmacist and you are going to apply "Logic" to this business and all domain names like Mr. Spock would, and if your nose is pointed up and it bothers you to cater to so called "brainless people" then you shouldn't be a domainer.

Domaining requires the ability to be Highly Imaginative and the ability to create or discover domains that may sometimes deify all practical Logic.

I am sure as a drug dealer, I mean pharmacist you are use to dealing with Brianless people all the time ;)

Regardless of the domain name in question , you cant push all of us to like a specific domain , if a certain domain is perfect then believe me everybody will see it and like it , if there are different opinions then u should now that the domain has lower value than you may think unless you find a buyer who has the same thinking as yours then after that you can put the price tag that you want :tu:

Last edited:
•••

Till a pharmacist will be considered a drug dealer and people will not understand what a pharmacist do, than I'd say it clearly, "yes I have to do with brainless people". And they deserve to be brain washed by this kind of marketing.

•••
Regardless of the domain name in question , you cant push all of us to like a specific domain , if a certain domain is perfect then believe me everybody will see it and like it , if there are different opinions then u should now that the domain has lower value than you may think unless you find a buyer who has the same thinking as yours then after that you can put the price tag that you want :tu:

It works both ways, you cant push all of us into thinking its a bad domain either by saying its for brainless people.
And not everyone sees a "Perfect" domain.
Some people are just blind, some have no common sense and some are just too much of a snob, ect ect ect...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back