IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am surprised of the names in lot 140 otherwise Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited:
•••
who pissed in your cornflakes Aggro! Are you just trying to ruin it for the other namepro members that got domains into this auction event. It's cool to have a different opinion...but am having a hard time with saying the traffic event is complete bullshit as it attracts all the majors from the domain industry year after year...

simply not buying your point of view here.

•••
who pissed in your cornflakes Aggro! Are you just trying to ruin it for the other namepro members that got domains into this auction event. It's cool to have a different opinion...but am having a hard time with saying the traffic event is complete bullshit as it attracts all the majors from the domain industry year after year...

GREAT POINT. props to you.

( i wanted to like your post, but mistakely clicked disliked, how do i correct this)

•••
I sent them an e-mail 2 nights ago and haven't heard from them. Do they ignore domain names they don't like, or do they send a standard not good enough reply?

•••
Aggro is broke, just ignore him.

Anyone want to golf on Wednesday in the area after TRAFFIC, hit me up.

•••
•••
Not that many will be interested in Lot 102: Fibre.com - which is the UK (non-US) spelling for "Fiber"

The main attraction is selling it to the .co.uk owner

Not the UK spelling. The remainder of the English speaking world's spelling

•••

That's bad, considering all those worthless domains that will waste bidders time.

•••
I will make a wild guess and say that this will be the worst TRAFFIC auction ever in terms of $ values but don't be surprised to see a high value pre arranged "sale" thrown in at the last minute,standard procedure.

The names are at best average,the domain market is in a bad way overall. There may well be the odd bargain picked up but we may well be seeing the demise of this type of roadshow event.

For the sake of our business I hope I am wrong!

•••
Bwahaha

Anyone with cognitive ability could see I wrote "(non-US)" & knew what was meant

This is a forum - not a legal contract

When the semantics/grammar/dot-the-i clowns come the argument has already been lost

If your pathetic attempt at nitpicking is all you got, then obviously you agree with all the other points

LOL

Not the UK spelling. The remainder of the English speaking world's spelling

•••
Does anyone know if this will be live on the net?

Thanks

•••
Anyone who has a domain in the auction doing any active marketing. I did create this blog on gtld domains for sale to see if I could get some interest for anyone wanting to developing a forum website. This is a great business opportunity to develop for anyone wanting to own and operate a forum. Like it or not gtld's aren't going away...wait till the news hits the general population along with advertising and commercials..it's coming in a big way.

•••
Rick has posted on his blog -

"I have to stop submissions to the domain auction at this point. There are already enough contracts out there to bring us to 100 and I am reserving a few slots for some last minute additions."

Its full guys!

•••
•••
Does anyone know if this will be live on the net?

Thanks

There may be live streaming this year. Last year there was.

Not too sure if the entire auction was live or just bits of it, but I am thinking something similar will happen this year too.

Congrats to everybody whose names were accepted!! Wish y'all all the best! :tu:

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

:hehe: I think you posted this while I was typing.

•••
A year ago there was no online bidding - only phone bidding.

As for the list I see in it the name I sold 2 years ago at DNF - if there would be online bidding this year - I would bid on it :)

•••
Register for phone, text or pre-bidding by contacting mr800king (the at sign) aol.com no later than Friday October 5th.

I think they have good reasons for not doing online bidding...helps ensure people will actually pay for the bids they place by pre-registering. I think phone bidding is fine way to go. Hope its streamed live as auctions are fun to watch!

•••
A year ago there was no online bidding - only phone bidding.

I meant to say video streaming-I read my post now and I can see that it could mean bidding. :hehe:

@Lennco: Did you mean live video or bidding?

Would be better if people could bid online-but they probably want to keep that out to avoid non-paying bids.

•••
I meant to say video streaming-I read my post now and I can see that it could mean bidding. :hehe:

I didn't see your post when I was typing mine, I was replying on lennco's post :)
Yes I remember that video streaming and there was also chat avaliable - was interesting.

But I hope that the guy who put the camera in the place it was located is fired now :) (it was not the best place)

•••
I got one in yesterday. If it meets the reserve I'll be happy!

•••
I didn't see your post when I was typing mine, I was replying on lennco's post :)

:D It sufficed as a response to both posts! lol

Yes I remember that video streaming and there was also chat avaliable - was interesting.

But I hope that the guy who put the camera in the place it was located is fired now :) (it was not the best place)

I only saw a bit of the live streaming. Looked quite boring to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the person behind the camera was a domainer. :lol:

Congrats Keith!! All the best. :tu:

You made it just in time.

•••

@Lennco: Did you mean live video or bidding?

Would be better if people could bid online-but they probably want to keep that out to avoid non-paying bids.

Hi 3D,
Yes I meant Live Streaming so we can watch all of the action.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Congrats!
Whats your lot #?

•••
•••
Congrats Keith! Quite impressive to see many namepro users included. I think we all must realize how hard this auction is to get into. He must receive thousands of domains.

That said, I think having that 'Domain King' filter is what will attract domain buyers to this auction event that is going to be very successful this year. Sorry nay-sayers I believe there is going to be a heavy turn out of buyers with 70% of the auction set at almost no-reserve.

•••

Hopefully 3D video streaming :snaphappy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back