IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Discussion: 2012-2013

It's that time of the year again when I have the pleasure of creating this thread for the 2012 TRAFFIC Auction. :D

Here are some of the domains to be auctioned off:

http://www.targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

Some of the names that have been accepted thus far are:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

These are the runner-ups.

SolarBusiness.com
VirginiaMortgages.com
BrownNose.com
BulletproofVest.com
gtldAttorney.com (No Reserve)
VisitBogota.co (No Reserve) (a .co?? :cy:)
Tumors.net (No Reserve)

Note:

Once we have 100 slots reserved for the Live Auction, and great domains are still coming in, we will select the ones with the very best chance to sell. We plan to sell as close to 100% of the inventory selected for the Live Auction as possible.

berkens_bandit_rick.jpg

Dibs on the girl standing behind the King. :xf.love:

Are you submitting any names?

Let's hear about it!

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive had 3 domains accepted, happy if they sell or not, great exposure for all who have submitted.

Best of luck to sellers and buyers.

Cheers

•••
Hopefully 3D video streaming :snaphappy:

If Traffic is going to upgrade to 3D video streaming, they may as well just upgrade to online bidding.

Seems more of a social event than an actual auction.

•••
Congrats Keith! Quite impressive to see many namepro users included. I think we all must realize how hard this auction is to get into. He must receive thousands of domains.

That said, I think having that 'Domain King' filter is what will attract domain buyers to this auction event that is going to be very successful this year. Sorry nay-sayers I believe there is going to be a heavy turn out of buyers with 70% of the auction set at almost no-reserve.

Which equates to a lot of pissed off sellers.

Low or no reserve means desperation in my book,just see how many single bids on low initial bid names are on Sedo auction and this is going to be a quickfire auction?

But,simply my opinion,but confirmed by Mr Schwartz

“If you don’t need to sell, the auction format we have is NOT designed for you. ”

“This is basically a WHOLESALE auction, not RETAIL, as the bidders are primarily other domain investors. ”

“The market is soft and to be honest, it may be in your best interest to wait for the next pop. ”

Last edited:
•••
There may not be an AD.com for $1.4m in there but I see some really nice names.

These are some of my favorites,

Lot#100 Tumors.net (No Reserve)
Lot#101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot#102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot#103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot#105 AmusementPark.com
Lot#108 AerobicExercises.com (Guaranteed placement)
Lot#109 FixedAPR.com (Guaranteed Placement)
Lot#111 AnsweringMachines.com (No Reserve)
Lot#112 CheapLaptops.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot#115 SmartLawyer.com (No Reserve)
Lot#116 FinancialGoals.com (No Reserve)
Lot#117 FitnessResort.com (No Reserve)
Lot#119 FanClub.com (Opportunity knocking)
Lot#120 Saws.com and MiterSaws.com 7400 August type ins (Greatly Reduced)
Lot#125 MondayNightBaseball.Com (No Reserve)
Lot#129 LoanOfficers.com (Reserve under $10k)
Lot#130 QuickBuck.com and QuickBucks.com (Reasonable Reserve)
Lot#131 BridalShowerRegistry.com (No Reserve)
Lot#132 JustSamples.com (No Reserve)
Lot#144 BulletproofVest.com (Corner the Market)
Lot#145 StartInvesting.com (Bargain)
Lot#146 AdultGaming.com (Low Reserve) ;)
Lot#160 OrthopaedicSurgeon.com (No Reserve)
Lot#161 MedicalRepresentative.com (No Reserve)
Lot#162 Fluzi.com (No Reserve)
Lot#163 RealityShows.TV (No Reserve)
Lot#164 BuildingCredit.com (No Reserve)
Lot#165 ShortTermLoan.com (Guaranteed Placement)
Lot#167 GamingApps.com (No Reserve)
Lot#168 SolarBusiness.com (LOW Reserve)
Lot#169 BrownNose.com
Lot#172 OnlineWallet.com
Lot#173 MobilePaymentApps.com (Low Reserve)
Lot#177 SameAsCash.com (No Reserve)
Lot#179 DrugStorePrices.com (No Reserve)
Lot#181 Obgyns.co.uk (No Reserve)
Lot#182 MedicalAssistants.co.uk (No Reserve)
Lot#183 PhvsicianAssistants.co.uk
PhysicìanAssistant.co.uk (No Reserve)
Lot#186 Reconsidered.com, Enviable.com (No Reserve)
Lot#190 Plugin.com (Not cheap, but worthy)
Lot#192 StockPrice.com (Reasonable reserve)
Lot#193 BedKing.com (Low Reserve)

I see all of these bringing in good money :)

•••
I didn't like gtldforum.com either which is why I put it on the sales block!

Do think it could be worth some serious money someday..but who knows might just sell for less than I paid. :)

•••
I didn't like gtldforum.com either which is why I put it on the sales block!

Do think it could be worth some serious money someday..but who knows might just sell for less than I paid. :)

Don't think that I dont like it, I do.
That domain has great potential.
In the right hands it could be another NamePros.
:)

•••
I really hope 3DMovie.com sell along with other name pros users name.

•••
Haha, I see now another name that I sold for mid 1,xxx at one of the previous Traffic's :)

My names are popular :)

•••
One of mine is listed twice, 172 & 189, hope that is a good sign. :|

•••
If Traffic is going to upgrade to 3D video streaming, they may as well just upgrade to online bidding.

Seems more of a social event than an actual auction.

If they do upgrade to online bidding, hopefully you can pay by "tap" :sold:

•••
From what I've read they are pretty firmly against online bidding for the traffic auction. Hopefully phone bidding allows people to join in. End of the day it only matters that a few bidders show up interested in each of the domains listed.

Here's a press release that was posted on ricks blog about the 2012 Traffic Auction

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Here is some other interesting news from that press release concerning forms for online bidding.

"Bidding for the 2012 Domain Auction is reserved for those attending the show or qualified telephone bidders. To request telephone bidding, qualified bidders must complete a request form at http://targetedtraffic.com/auction/phone-bids.php. The current auction list may be viewed at http://targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php. The 2012 Domain Auction list will be finalized as the show opens."

•••
GoldBullion.com just added, Nice :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Lot # 150

sold.

Last edited:
•••
•••
lennco, assuming goldbullion.com is your domain? if so..that's awesome!

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I think it would be interesting if the traffic auction had some type of explanation surrounding each lot offered. I would never had known why chip credit cards were so timely...again, I think it is all about somehow getting the word out to domainers or end users that would be interested in that specific keyword.

I would expect large domain investors are scouring the list so hopefully that alone will help get the word out to the right people.

•••
Wonder what the reserve is on that, $500k ?

I'd say more like $50k.

There are many "financial" related domains on auction.

•••
Wasn't one of the issues brought up by many different people last time, that there wasn't online bidding? Didn't they have that in the past? Seems odd to me a business that is all about online, doesn't support online bidding.

•••
lennco, assuming goldbullion.com is your domain? if so..that's awesome!

no I wish :)

I just posted it here when I seen it was added.
Its a good one.

•••
Wasn't one of the issues brought up by many different people last time, that there wasn't online bidding? Didn't they have that in the past? Seems odd to me a business that is all about online, doesn't support online bidding.

I agree but online bidding may be difficult to deal with. They may want to make sure that each and every bid is a valid one. Remember, this isn't a full time operation like Sedo.

•••
I would like to see online bidding but only from per-qualified bidders.

Otherwise phone bidders is fine.

•••
I agree but online bidding may be difficult to deal with. They may want to make sure that each and every bid is a valid one. Remember, this isn't a full time operation like Sedo.

I would like to see online bidding but only from per-qualified bidders.

Otherwise phone bidders is fine.

Pre-qualified bidders, no doubt. There are ways to do that. If you want to bid over $2500 at Namejet, become a verified bidder, they'll have your CC info, you have to send in government issued color photo id etc.

How did they do online bidding before? Nevermind, they used SnapNames.com or Proxybid.

Found a post from last year of the complaints and then Rick's reasons for it - http://www.thedomains.com/2011/08/2...ive-domain-auction-at-the-traffic-conference/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Keith, your now Lot 187! EatMe.com is Lot 199!

Thanks for the update!

I suspect that things might shuffle again as they prep for the auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back