domains Swetha starts 2022 off with a bang Bolt.xyz sells for $79,888

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Swetha starts 2022 how she ended 2021 with a quartet of sales including her highest ever, Bolt.xyz at $79,888. Bolt.xyz ties her highest sale ever with Glow.xyz. bolt.xyz 79,888
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your extension is not doing well, Please try to promote it rather than spreading negativity on the best performing extension. I never spread negativity on any other extension. After all, we are all domain investors. All should do well at the end of the day to survive.

•••
Anyone can write anything in a public forum creating fake usernames. Before we come to a conclusion on that topic, We should check the credibility of that person in this forum. Like their posts in this forum, reviews by other members.

Till then we don't need to bother, Just ignore.

•••
We shd all be very grateful that Swetha is sharing her sales data. Many goes behind the scene unreported like VR. xyz changed hands this month, it was still avail for 6 figures last month (sellers individual lander) and AI. xyz changed hands last month.

Also I can see some of Swetha’s sales are still not active website so big players are still out there hunting and collecting!

And also note that some of Swetha’s reported sales had other popular extensions avail but buyer chose .xyz. So we can’t ignore that the trend is rising “the trend is your friend”!

•••
yes but she is still the only person on.earth making regular high xyz sales..or this part u are.ignoring?
FYI: There are sales everyday. These are xyz sales in the last few days on dan’s :

MSET.xyz
Poron.xyz
Prologue.xyz
Wordy.xyz
Alif.xyz
Facon.xyz
Galaxies.xyz
Goweb3.xyz
Kek.xyz
MetaSurface.xyz
Mockup.xyz
Cripto.xyz
HSD.xyz
Hyperion.xyz
MetaBeacon.xyz
Y.xyz
CapitalSpace.xyz
Kenmore.xyz
Kirtan.xyz
Rootbeer.xyz
Verticals.xyz
Atlantic.xyz
Bluestone.xyz
Neptune.xyz

•••
Doesn't this person own like 20k+ xyz domain names? If that's true then this is nothing more than a numbers game. You can price everything high and eventually someone will come along and buy it. xyz happens to be picking up steam so the frequency of this will most likely increase. Good for that person!

What am I missing?
You didn't miss anything.
Just people jealous over someone making a ton of money because a TLD she invested in happened to pick up steam like you said.

One would scroll or congratulate a fellow domainer on her success. But no. There are accusations that she don't provide proof. Which means she is faking her screenshots of afternic and DAN.

So yeah, you can chose to criticise or chose to analyze what worked for her and try to apply it to our own investment.

Instead of getting jealous, I was in awe of her sales and I spent time analysing her portfolio and sales and it was a major part of my education in my short domaining journey. Started 2020. Sold my first names in Nov 2020 and did about 100k in sales the last half of 2021 with investment of 15k.

Last edited:
•••
And I thought we are all in this together ?
Negative crap isn't helpful for all to read.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I registered a lot of .xyz domains in 2016, but dropped them 2018 as I thought these are not good investment and worth spending money and time. Now I`ve seen my previously owned domains selling for mostly 4, but one for 5 figures. Sometimes you need to be more patient.

Last edited:
•••
There is something fishy about the seller and the transaction and the number of domains held by the individual. She is holding more than 20k names. It is very hard to digest Indian domainer having that kind of purchase ability.
Here we go again. If you check now, there is still an extension that is yet to be explored. An extension a lot of people here will call shit and assure you it will never sell. All you need do is commit to that extension. It's a gamble but in her case, it paid off. And don't bring nationality into it.

•••
Sadly this has deteriorated into Love/Hate Swetha with a side of Racism. Time for Mods to lock this thread up.

•••
Why not? Do you know how much is 10 dollars in India. For some it is daily earning.
I am sure you haven't visited or know anything about India and therefore your prejudice is based on past hypotheses.

What you are saying about daily earnings is true and in fact, for many Indian, it's even less because of the average method but please remember you are talking about 1.3 billion people so do not make such a sweeping and general statement.

There are people in India who can buy your company without any bank loan or financial support and trust me that number is significant if not equivalent to the entire population of your country or province than definitely more than the total population of your city.

Now coming back to arithmetic:

1. She increased her portfolio only in the last two years when she witness demand and adaptation.
2. Please remember all her XYZ domains has a standard renewal fee which is less than $10 per year.
3. Before her sales report here at NP hardly 1% of domainers were focusing on this extension so even if she drop her domains after one year it would be much easier for her to backorder and re-register next year for the same less than $1 registration fee.
4. According to @DNGear nowadays for any good name she is spending more than $1000 per domain which was never the case in the past but then she is also earning well (last year more than a million-dollar & during this year already crossed $400K in January)
5. I agree with the members' concern about keeping such a big portfolio and its sustainability but she will face this issue now and in future because of awareness and demand of this extension amongst domainers.
6. Considering all the above points I'm sure that her portfolio is not only profitable but gives a much better margin than many legend domainers here.

Best wishes

Last edited:
•••
insane lol. props to her. ty for read.

bolt.xyz I think was worth the high price, really nice name. xyz will become 1:1 to com one day.

Last edited:
•••
There is something fishy about the seller and the transaction and the number of domains held by the individual. She is holding more than 20k names. It is very hard to digest Indian domainer having that kind of purchase ability.

Don't spread a racism to attact other members. Hit dislike or disagree button is better than hurt anyone personally.

Many great Indian domainer and many great CEO from Indian , they have same opportunity to own unlimited names as much as they want to purchase.

•••
FYI: There are sales everyday. These are xyz sales in the last few days on dan’s :

MSET.xyz
Poron.xyz
Prologue.xyz
Wordy.xyz
Alif.xyz
Facon.xyz
Galaxies.xyz
Goweb3.xyz
Kek.xyz
MetaSurface.xyz
Mockup.xyz
Cripto.xyz
HSD.xyz
Hyperion.xyz
MetaBeacon.xyz
Y.xyz
CapitalSpace.xyz
Kenmore.xyz
Kirtan.xyz
Rootbeer.xyz
Verticals.xyz
Atlantic.xyz
Bluestone.xyz
Neptune.xyz
Here’s some more:

Lexa.xyz
Identi.xyz
Liars.xyz
Mackenzie.xyz
Osiris.xyz
Tahoe.xyz
Cosa.xyz
Instabet.xyz
Mbed.xyz
MetaPM.xyz
Mysteryschool.xyz
Nexum.xyz
Pol.xyz

•••

MSET.xyz
Poron.xyz
Prologue.xyz
Wordy.xyz
Alif.xyz
Facon.xyz
Galaxies.xyz
Goweb3.xyz
Kek.xyz
MetaSurface.xyz
Mockup.xyz
Cripto.xyz
HSD.xyz
Hyperion.xyz
MetaBeacon.xyz
Y.xyz
CapitalSpace.xyz
Kenmore.xyz
Kirtan.xyz
Rootbeer.xyz
Verticals.xyz
Atlantic.xyz
Bluestone.xyz
Neptune.xyz
Only 2 sales were mine. Lot of XYZ activity. No one is reporting :(

•••
Only 2 sales were mine. Lot of XYZ activity. No one is reporting :(
Yes what a pity. Only got these sales data but no selling price (anyway better than nothing!) So I’m very grateful for all your sharing as these will give us (domainers) more insights etc!

•••
Why not? Do you know how much is 10 dollars in India. For some it is daily earning.
India is over a Billion People.
Many of the Indian American CEOs are born and raised, and educated in India, including the CEO of Google and Microsoft.
You are funny.
Yes there are many poor people, but they don't come and type in English on Global Forums

Not to negative but an Average Indian domainer is most likely a college grad with an engineering degree who just happened to have lost out on the birthday lottery.

The average wealth of the top 1% is just over $400,000
That is 1% of 1.2 Billion people.
600 Million people are under the age of 25 and we have cheap college education.

Just stating some facts.

•••
Fair Dinkum So much said about about a person making sales .
Should be applauded in my opinion for the sales.
Hit disagree if you please. Cheers.

•••
Each to their own, but I think we have to respect the visionary approach she took and over the years she had the "balls" renewing domains that might looked worthless back in time. For many of us .com is still king, but one day no one would have thought .io or .co even .vc will be used by startup companies. Of course now it is extremely difficult and expensive to get into these "new" markets if you want cool names, but I think instead of being jealous we should congratulate @DNGear on the success. We should all ask the right questions here: is there any other extension out there where you might replicate similar success? What possibly made her think 5 years ago this extension might be popular in tech/web3/crypto space?

Last edited:
•••
Love is in the air 🥰
Then you get those really disrespectful comments from Alcy
Other day he called car.xyz a mental case. Guy pm me to apologize about his poor english.
Now you call member a moron for calling this a love hate thread. Which it is, as quite a few turn out on here now.
Love, hate, heated debate threads the new normal on namepros since around 2016
Still my opinion that due to racist almost discriminatory comments you should get the boot alcy
And other member comment about india and call centers, really ignorant.

Also, am i wrong in assUming Swetha does have registry premium names?
Someone earlier said her 20k renewals were 10 bucks a pop.
Correct me if i am wrong. But dont call me a mental case or moron k Alcy?

Last edited:
•••
here u go another moron calling everyone racist just cause they quote google scam countries rankings.
I'm reiterating the term I see thrown around in this thread. But thanks for contributing to more name calling. All the more reason to shut down this thread.

•••
I’m hoping it does too! I’m picking up gems day by day!!
dont do what I did and forget to renew or sell for nothing, otherwise id be the king of xyz around here haha, not even joking either. ah well, ive got my one diamond left.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to her and I want her to keep on reporting all the sales. It increases the value of domains in other tlds.

This article gives info on why xyz is popular in crypto space
https://techcrunch.com/2021/12/28/wtf-is-xyz/

Last edited:
•••
For this web3 you can use any other extension but some how or some one full people about .xyz 😉🤫
Like .com in '90 fullish people that .com came from commerce when is clear is from communication - USA Defence used for communication
Point is every sh*t wrapped in gold is buy by some one
🤫😉
The XYZ Register has put effort to make .xyz widely adopted in web3. A few years ago, .xyz was the first batch of DNS domain extensions being supported in ENS. Now, .eth names can be accessed in web browsers by adding .xyz at the end, such as brantly.eth.xyz (for more details: eth.xyz).

.Xyz has a first mover advantage in web3, just like .com in web2.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back