domains Supply.co gets $300,000 deal on Shark Tank

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So back on October 16, Patrick Coddou announced his company was making the move from GetSupply.com to Supply.co. The back and forth on Twitter was interesting, sometimes funny, along with those who just made a plug to pitch their own services. Coddou also called out the "Domain Bros" and called Shane Cultra an idiot. Shane had tweeted, And tomorrow you will learn what http://O.co and … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I saw the exchange on Twitter. Thanks for giving us this update and wish them all the best.

•••
They will probably move back to .com

•••
Another arrogant startup founder with his head deep down under.. he will eventually learn!

Thanks for sharing :)

•••
•••
I this read this article on how the company went from a side gig to full time position for the husbsnd and wife team. I find it an interesting read, and they seem like smart reflective people. It was written before the .co rebrand and SharkTank appearance so no mention of either.
https://www.klaviyo.com/blog/from-side-hustle-to-sustainable-business

•••
•••
•••
I have a live website ending in .pw, I am earning money from it. if I have asked a 'domainer' that I want to build my website whats extension should I go. I will have get answers .com .com and .com

The point is that having just dot com doesn't going to help me to get the link juice, organic traffic etc.

I don't see why there are people who are so ignorant. Why the fuck it's matter to them if someone one bought .co .me .tv .etc instead of .com

He wanted .co he paid for it from his pocket. That's it.

Promoting selfless .com doesn't going to help. The company didn't asked that's folks to come and give them advice.

•••
.pw is your country code.
.co is not his country code.

•••
My country .in do lots better. Here we see .co.in and .in more then .com

•••
•••
They will probably move back to .com

For all of you saying they will go back to .com are wrong.

.co is a great extension for any startup. Besides they are number 1 on google. Why ruin that rank with a domain switch, just get the .com redirected to them

Now I do think that they chose an awful name for their company imo...

Last edited:
•••
•••
With the domain name CloseShaves.com currently for sale for $3,088 why would you not get a name that at the very least had some connection to shaving? Why spend lots of money to develop a brand when a good domain name makes much more economic and business development sense.

•••
I agree that Supply could mean many things and perhaps that is why they chose it - they don't want to be boxed in as a shaving products company but have much grander long-term ambitions.

•••
Things always change. Names don't need to end in .com

Seems like every time a smart entrepreneur wants to use a non .com web address, there are the .com dinosaurs to tell them how stupid they must be to want to try something new. Backwards if you ask me..

•••
I have a live website ending in .pw, I am earning money from it. if I have asked a 'domainer' that I want to build my website whats extension should I go. I will have get answers .com .com and .com

The point is that having just dot com doesn't going to help me to get the link juice, organic traffic etc.

I don't see why there are people who are so ignorant. Why the f*ck it's matter to them if someone one bought .co .me .tv .etc instead of .com

He wanted .co he paid for it from his pocket. That's it.

Promoting selfless .com doesn't going to help. The company didn't asked that's folks to come and give them advice.

You can make money with a site on any extension. But there are plenty of people/companies that think bigger and understand .com is good everywhere. Online, offline, word of mouth, different countries etc. .pw , when I see that, I think those people have an online only mindset. If you're good with that, ok.

"Promoting selfless .com doesn't going to help."

first line in your sig:

Get Best Priced .com Domain

Last edited:
•••
Why would they go back to the .com? They never owned Supply.com?... Not sure where the confusion is here.

They upgraded from GetSupply.com to Supply.co IMO - Their brand is "Supply" no "GetSupply" so Supply.co makes more sense.

.com is king but Go/Get/Use/TrySupply.com is not better than Supply.co... I actually see merit from using both! (something similar to Roman.co, but I would invert the way they're doing it)

I'm a big .com investor with 95% of my domains being .com, but don't be oblivious to modern-day branding.

1 word .io/.ai/.co have mainstream adoption with startups that raise a lot of money. Ignore the facts if you want but let's face it, the entrepreneurs raising millions of dollars don't really care what we think.

They are our customers. Listen to your customers. SALES 101.

•••
With the domain name CloseShaves.com currently for sale for $3,088 why would you not get a name that at the very least had some connection to shaving? Why spend lots of money to develop a brand when a good domain name makes much more economic and business development sense.
I agree that "Supply" doesn't seem like a great brand, but Close Shaves is just as bad.

With a name like Computers.com available in the late 80s why would you register a name like Apple.com?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I agree that Supply could mean many things and perhaps that is why they chose it - they don't want to be boxed in as a shaving products company but have much grander long-term ambitions.

Yes totally must be a long term vision here @Bob Hawkes

With a name like Computers.com available in the late 80s why would you register a name like Apple.com?

To make it as a Unique Brand and build customer base around it.Lots of early challenges here with this strategy but if pulled right then as you said like Apple and Apple.com a Massive Win.But still though having your Area of Business also helps that you beat every competitors with it so for Supply.com the Domains Shave.com,Razor.com would even help a lot in beating competitors out even if it costs money.

Thanks for this stuff as always @equity78

Last edited:
•••
Yes totally must be a long term vision @Bob Hawkes

To make it as a Unique Brand and build customer base around it.Lots of early challenges here with this strategy but if pulled right then as you said like Apple and Apple.com a Massive Win.But still though having your Area of Business also helps that you beat every competitors with it so for Supply.com the Domains Shave.com,Razor.com would even help a lot in beating competitors out even if it costs money.

Agreed, but they have no chance in acquiring either of those names.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Back