Dynadot

advice Shark Tank Inspired

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Ever since starting a virtual tasting business I named "Discover Scotch", I've been consumed by the Whisky/Whiskey industry. In just 30 days I've made connections all over the world, and learned more about responsible virtual tasting than you can imagine.

I made a connection with one of the Castello Brothers who sold Whisky.com for 3.1M in 2015 to a German/Bavarian company. And I've learned the Global Whiskey/Whisky market was a 57.96B industry as of 2018.

I've learned that high net worth individuals really like both Scotch and Bourbon.

I've learned there are approximately 150 distilleries in Scotland, many of which are owned by conglomerates. I've learned there are just four company's behind 3/4 of all Whisk(e)y made in the world.

I've learned that laws and tariffs regarding sales and shipments of alcohol vary all over the world making logistics quite a challenge.

Finally, and here is how Shark Tank fits in......while watching the tank last night and thinking how I might get my new company the kind of publicity it deserves, the name ScotchTank comes out of no where, and to compliment it, WhiskeyTank also evolved.

What I'm hoping is the name "Scotch Tank" combined with a proven conceptual business model will be enough to get us on the show where we can perform an actual tasting for the Shark Tank judges.

Any comments or critique would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back