IT.COM

news Super Bowl Ad: John Malkovich wants his domain name. Now!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
haha i had to check johnmalkovich.com after this

•••
•••
haha i had to check johnmalkovich.com after this
I had hoped it was the fishing dudes site.
Now that would have been cool, except it would have been blowing up his server.
But imagine the uptick in hits if..... only.

Anyone run it thru DT? It's been reg'd since '03 so I guess the commercial is a sham. What a shock.
Kinda fits in with the Heidi thread on another channel.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Them sale prices though...

upload_2017-2-2_15-32-11.png

image from JohnMalkovich.com

•••
hahaha "yeah I did, I was riveted by your fish blog" lol

•••
Get your domain before its gone! Really cool!!!

•••
Anyone else tired of it already?

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
Anyone else tired of it already?

Actually I am curious where they go from here - all is well and good if you see the commercial and your name is available, but what if, just like John Malkovich, your name is taken by a fishing guy? What then? Will squarespace help you find a lawyer and fight the fishing JM for use of your name? And what about the rights of fishing JM? Legally he got it first. Does squarespace then encourage you to get something else like a ngTLD? Or is squarespace only targeting rich and famous users who have the means to possibly actually acquire their names?

: confused :

•••
I've gotta say, it was a pretty good commercial. When I first saw it I immediately thought it would be a GoDaddy commercial. Little surprised when I saw SquareSpace at the end. From a domainers standpoint, SquareSpace has already done a better job with their commercials than GoDaddy.

•••
Actually I am curious where they go from here - all is well and good if you see the commercial and your name is available, but what if, just like John Malkovich, your name is taken by a fishing guy? What then? Will squarespace help you find a lawyer and fight the fishing JM for use of your name? And what about the rights of fishing JM? Legally he got it first. Does squarespace then encourage you to get something else like a ngTLD? Or is squarespace only targeting rich and famous users who have the means to possibly actually acquire their names?

: confused :
I'm pretty sure what they are promoting is his site.
I don't think the fishing guy ever owned JM dot com.
That's why I wanted someone to run it thru DT.

I think what it's all about is their (new?) build platform.
A Squarespace vs Wordpress thing.
http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/squarespace-vs-wordpress/

Peace,
Cy

Ok, I didn't see this part.
https://www.squarespace.com/domain-name-search

So they want to be a reg house too.

Last edited:
•••
haha perfect, Pretty much how I contacted stevenmcevoy.com, never got an email back. Called him but he said he didnt want to sell it....

AFTER 12 LONGGGG years of stalking this domain hoping he wouldnt renew.... It finally expired and I picked it up!!!! :) Great day today!

•••
AFTER 12 LONGGGG years of stalking this domain hoping he wouldnt renew.... It finally expired and I picked it up!!!! :) Great day today!

That is some serious patience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back