Dynadot

news Super Bowl Ad: John Malkovich wants his domain name. Now!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haha nice find!

Thanks for sharing :)

•••
•••
•••
Damn squatters. They all should be shot.
/humor

Pretty funny, but where's the T&A?
No, seriously, where's the T&A.
We expect the T&A.
We want the T&A.
Give us the T&A.

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
Well he's using it now so he must have made a nice offer :xf.wink:

(I know it's an advert).

•••
•••
Loved it...thanks for finding that and sharing.

•••
•••
:xf.grin:
Damn squatters. They all should be shot.
/humor

Pretty funny, but where's the T&A?
No, seriously, where's the T&A.
We expect the T&A.
We want the T&A.
Give us the T&A.

Peace,
Cy
It's behind John Malkovich...:xf.grin:

•••
I once owned my name. I let it drop. I really didn't care because I don't want to be famous. I don't regret it.

•••
Call me dumb.. but what's T&A?
lol. No, just innocent. As per the Urban Dictionary...

Also, John Malkovich is probably the weirdest actor in Hollywood.

giphy.gif

•••
Ahhhhhhh lol :)

Thanks, makes sense now!

(a lot more than the "time and attendance" I found when searching..)

•••
Who doesn't love John Malkovich?

Except somebody might want to lock the domain already? smh

Whois Lookup
JOHNMALKOVICH.COM
Registrar: REGISTER.IT S.P.A.
Created: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 | Expires: Thursday, April 13, 2017 | Updated: Monday, December 19, 2016
Name Servers: ns1.layservice10.com, ns2.layservice10.com

OMG, they don't do transfers yet - Already have a domain? Domain transfers are coming soon. Sign up to be notified LOL

@TDM - Titten & Arsch : wink :

@Cyberian - Obviously a huge fail on the part of the advertiser if you as an experienced domainer thought the commercial was for a different advertiser! They omitted their own name on their own video on their own YT channel : facepalm :

The unfunny 3 minute version here:

•••
<<<< <goes to corner, puts on the pointy cap>

@UNX w0w, No foolin!

I 100% thought that was a GD ad. :red:

Peace,
Cy

•••
Total fail for THEM, not us - I thought it was GD too - SuperBowl + Domains = GD. I only noticed since I clicked to watch on YT and saw the channel was squarespace and had never heard of them, thinking it was foursquare and what does that have to do with domains?!? If you're gonna spend $10 Million on a SuperBowl ad, at least plaster your brand in an overlay - for sure there will be lay people contacting GD and asking for the JohnMalkovich special : grin :

•••
haha perfect, Pretty much how I contacted stevenmcevoy.com, never got an email back. Called him but he said he didnt want to sell it....

•••
I once owned my name. I let it drop. I really didn't care because I don't want to be famous. I don't regret it.

Owning your own name domain, isnt going to make you famous. Its actually a great way to make a portfolio, similar to a business card.

•••
There's a slightly different take, starts at 1:17, if you're a fan of Being JM. Will be curious if they actually air it for SB and if so what version

•••
There's a slightly different take, starts at 1:17, if you're a fan of Being JM. Will be curious if they actually air it for SB and if so what version

Regardless of which version are eventually selected (I feel the first version has a better bland of menace and humor), I feel previewing the ads in advance diminishes its impact during Super Bowl.

•••
This commercial is awesome :D

•••

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
That's how i am when I miss a expired domain. lol what the f@ck. lol

•••
That's how i am when I miss a expired domain. lol what the f@ck. lol
Same here. That's my reaction exactly when godaddy takes an auction domain out of my cart cause someone else "purchased" their cart before I did. It used to be rare it happens more often now.
Not sure if others experience this but sometimes my buy now auction picks just get plucked out of my cart while looking for more before completing the purchase.
Happy Hunting

•••
The super bowl commercial I would like to see Godaddy create is a remake of
Apple 1984 Super Bowl Commercial Introducing Macintosh Computer ...
Introducing New "G"s in place of the mac ;)
Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back