NameSilo

Successful domain investor = successful NFT investor??

Labeled as debate in General Domain Discussion, started by Brands.International, Apr 19, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

I was comparing Meta in .io and Meta in .life as OP was asking for half a million for the .life when the .io sold for $100k. At least, we both agree that the .io is better.

PS: Dunno how you got MetaLife in what I wrote in my last post. I had to recheck to be sure. Lol

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not necessarily,

.io is a temporary means for startups to get by

But .com and certain domains in New gTLDs such as Meta .Life are long term investments that are worth hanging onto.

But you never know, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the future, that's why there is a certain risk associated with any investment in domain names no matter what the extension.

IMO

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. FolioTeam

FolioTeam AMDB.tv VIP

I was agreeing with this.

4. oldtimer

I believe we both agree on the same thing when it comes to the present time,

Top single word domains in .io are certainly hot right now,

But as to what extensions have staying power in the long run as far as domain investments are concerned I am not 100% sure if every startup that gets an .io domain right now is going to keep it forever,

They might decide to switch to a more credible extension later on.

Disclaimer: this is just my personal understanding of this situation and is not meant as and should not be taken as domain investment advice.

IMO

5. Brands.International

Brands.International Marek VIP

Definitely, .io is very HOT in crypto now :)

6. Brands.International

My understanding as well :)
    In the end, the market will decide what is good and what is not. I stick to my price, after all, it is less than 10 BTC, it is not that much.

7. oldtimer

How much do you think I should ask for:

Meta.Broker

I just hand registered it :xf.smile:

8. Amit V

Amit V Established Member

In my opinion domains are NFT's and the blockchain domains like.crypto and .eth are being sold as NFT's in auctions.

9. Brands.International

I like it, good pick! Price-wise depends on you - if you want to sell it within 1 year period, go to crypto Twitter, shill it, ask for 1 BTC or a small bag of ETH - have some fun :)
    With profit, you can buy maybe some NFTs then :)

10. oldtimer

That's great, finally I got a good one,

But how can a domain like this just be sitting there unregistered, specially for less than $30 a year.

IMO

11. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP

I don't think domains are equal to NFTs they are two different concepts.

Domains are not truly non-fungible because this terms is in NFTs to describe permanent verifiable ownership non-fungible token. While in domains ownership can change easily.

12. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Ownership can change in an NFT as well. People sell buy and sell.

13. Ostrados

Ostrados EpicName.com VIP

But original publisher / author does not change. right?

14. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Ok I see where you coming from. It's all so new and complex. I mean when you look at the conversations on NFTs they are all over the place. It's certainly an interesting topic.

I think of domains as an NFT in the way that there is only one SEX.com there can be other tlds or an idn but there is only one Sex.com. But I see what you mean if people are focused on ownership and provenance.

15. Brands.International

That is the beauty of hundreds of different new gTLDs .... even I was not really aware of .broker :) But it does not matter, end users are after combos, particular tld does not matter that often afaik, as far as left side and right side goes nicely together.

16. Brands.International

And you do not need to speak about new gTLDs which is a term many people still do not know - tell them it is "nice domain hack", this is easier to understand :)

17. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

i believe there will be a niche that will rise up in the NFTs just like domaining with the 4Ls and 5Ns where a certain subject or art is more valuable than just any of them. which b4 it happens is the trick. :)

18. buywebsites.biz

buywebsites.biz Established Member

NFTs, like domains, are hypothetically valuable but most aren't. NFTs will eventually leave the speculative arena that domains exist in and be more utility based. Your designer sneakers might contain a private key to unlock an NFT that verifies authenticity. Your car's key fob might integrate an NFT that confers ownership of your vehicle. This speculative phase will fade as NFTs become integrated into the larger economy.

19. FirstTweet.com

FirstTweet.com New Member

We're currently running an experiment on Flippa to gauge how the market values domains vs NFTs to determine whether this is a potential avenue to pursue or not.

We don't believe this has been done before, so it will be the first idea this industry gets about this potential correlation.

We're apparently not allowed to discuss this experiment in this section or it gets moderated and moved out of sight, but you can see our post history for more details.

Hopefully the results of this experiment will help answer some of the poignant questions in this thread as there are currently too many unknowns.

20. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

21. FirstTweet.com

FirstTweet.com New Member

Interesting, so do you believe that NFT's as collectibles are a fad?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice