IT.COM

domain sub.xyz - SquadHelp's Valuation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dorje

Top Member
Impact
Hi folks,

I would like to have your opinion on this domain name.

At the moment I have it listed in DAN, with selling price $120.000.
I decided to submit it in Squadhelp, and it was accepted for the selling price of $65.000 (with 20% commission-I will get $52.000), even though I asked for $130.000, which has 12,5% commission.

I would like to have your thoughts about Squadehelp's valuation price.
Last year, I would have been happy for this price, but now I see a huge increase in the value of good .xyz domains.

Btw the domain has normal renewal cost.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Based on normal renewal, I like it (subscribe or subject, plausible use). The full word "subscribe" is taking a stab at around $60k, and the word "subject" at $25k, in an XYZ. I'd say your really taking a chance at $120k for the abbreviation, pretty adventurous. SquadHelp at $65k, again adventurous. Most of the XYZ sales, even with good terms, simply aren't in that bracket (like gym at $227), aside from the juicy exceptions. However, I don't want to put a downer on it, its your domain. If you find yourself up there, power to you. Hope you catch a fair offer

Last edited:
•••
For Swetha - $XXXXXX
For mere mortals like you and I - $XXXX

•••
For @D Haynes - $xxxx
For damn mortals like me - $xxx only

•••
Squadhelp pricing is generally below maximum retail which is good because you'll get higher sell-through rates per year. If you want $130k I would keep it off SH, but if you want to sell in the next year go with Squadhelp.

For comparison, BTC365 / com sold for $143k and my domain BTC360/com is listed on SH for $61k. So you can see it's pretty close to the pricing in in your situation.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Squadhelp pricing is generally below maximum retail which is good because you'll get higher sell-through rates per year. If you want $130k I would keep it off SH, but if you want to sell in the next year go with Squadhelp.

For comparison, BTC365 / com sold for $143k and my domain BTC360/com is listed on SH for $61k. So you can see it's pretty close to the pricing in in your situation.
Thanks for sharing your experience with SquadHelp and the valuation of your domain.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience with SquadHelp and the valuation of your domain.

I have about 20% of my portfolio on SquadHelp. The rest I have priced High Retail. I like using SH because they advertise your domains, users submit your names to contests and you get a lot more publicity for your portfolio.

Their pricing is fair for buyers and sellers, and really a great platform for both. My sell-through rate right now is around 7% per year and 12% for domains listed over 12 months. With high retail pricing, my STR would be closer to the industry average of 1%, probably around 3-5%.

SH is best for brandables but everything else seems to do well too. CryptoFinancing.com sold recently for $120k and single words in XYZ, CO, IO, COM are doing well. Some of what I would consider my premium domains are not good fit for the platform, which is why they are listed elsewhere like Afternic and Sedo.

If you want High Retail, then you have to wait, negotiate, be patient, etc. and it could take years to get the absolute maximum price. With SH, you will get a solid retail price and it's worth the time saved.

•••
Based on normal renewal, I like it (subscribe or subject, plausible use). The full word "subscribe" is taking a stab at around $60k, and the word subject at $25k, in an XYZ. I'd say your really taking a chance at $120k for the abbreviation, pretty adventurous. SquadHelp at $65k, again adventurous. Most of the XYZ sales, even with good terms, simply aren't in that bracket (like gym at $227), aside from the juicy exceptions. However, I don't want to put a downer on it, its your domain. If you find yourself up there, power to you. Hope you catch a fair offer
Thanks for your insight and for the time to look for the related domains.
I get your point, and I agree to one extent... $65000 or even a bit less is good at the current market, but it seems that .xyz is becoming a trend and I am thinking that its value might be bigger in the future.

•••
Thanks for your insight and for the time to look for the related domains.
I get your point, and I agree to one extent... $65000 or even a bit less is good at the current market, but it seems that .xyz is becoming a trend and I am thinking that its value might be bigger in the future.

If you believe xyz is a trend and want to capitalize on it, then I would suggest building an online business with your domain and monetizing it with a subscriber service. That would turn your $100,000 domain into a multi-million dollar brand.

•••
I have about 20% of my portfolio on SquadHelp. The rest I have priced High Retail. I like using SH because they advertise your domains, users submit your names to contests and you get a lot more publicity for your portfolio.

Their pricing is fair for buyers and sellers, and really a great platform for both. My sell-through rate right now is around 7% per year and 12% for domains listed over 12 months. With high retail pricing, my STR would be closer to the industry average of 1%, probably around 3-5%.

SH is best for brandables but everything else seems to do well too. CryptoFinancing.com sold recently for $120k and single words in XYZ, CO, IO, COM are doing well. Some of what I would consider my premium domains are not good fit for the platform, which is why they are listed elsewhere like Afternic and Sedo.

If you want High Retail, then you have to wait, negotiate, be patient, etc. and it could take years to get the absolute maximum price. With SH, you will get a solid retail price and it's worth the time saved.
Thanks once more for contributing with your experience!

I agree with you that it seems that single words in XYZ, CO etc are doing well in their platform, that's why I thought of listing my domain there.

•••
If you believe xyz is a trend and want to capitalize on it, then I would suggest building an online business with your domain and monetizing it with a subscriber service. That would turn your $100,000 domain into a multi-million dollar brand.
I do not have experience in building such an online business, nor the capital at the moment....so I am sticking with just the domaining at the moment.
I might try the SH option and see how it goes...if I change my mind, I can delist it anytime

•••
I do not have experience in building such an online business, nor the capital at the moment....so I am sticking with just the domaining at the moment.
I might try the SH option and see how it goes...if I change my mind, I can delist it anytime

It's a great domain, best of luck! (y)

•••
•••
I would suggest you to not sell less than 120k, but it will require time. Good luck.

•••
•••
"mortals" :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
What ? Swetha is immortal ? :xf.rolleyes:
200.gif

•••
•••
Back