IT.COM

Strategy question for fast FLIPPERS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scot Thomas

Established Member
Impact
Ok, Flippers, here's one for you to jump in on.

I've read a lot about successful flips – great stories about patience paying off or getting lucky at the right moment, the reward being outstanding ROI and a big chunk of cash. But...

I've read very little about how to sell for speed. Churn-and-burn. Seeing value in a closeout or <$69 registration and quickly turning it into $250-750.Not homeruns, but just lots of singles that keep the game -- and the motivation -- moving in the right direction.

I'm not talking about one words or numerics, or even great dictionary 2-words that would be relatively easy to outbound marketing on. I'm talking about drops and smaller names that fly under the radar, but nonetheless could have obvious value to a small company or entrepreneur.

What technique have you used to keep your inventory moving when you can't wait for the sellers to come to you?

Cheers

Scot

ps. I'm including a nice bonus for the most helpful answer, not sure what the rules are so won't mention it here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Posted in Reported Sales thread?
No I might want to buy the other available cities lol. Btw I did buy 2 more, 1 with the same keyword and nobody accepted either. Just goes to show you have to keep trying. I was 0-4 for hand regs I bought this week. Then bought 2 more Thursday morning and sold one in a few hours for $250. All it takes is one person

•••
No I might want to buy the other available cities lol. Btw I did buy 2 more, 1 with the same keyword and nobody accepted either. Just goes to show you have to keep trying. I was 0-4 for hand regs I bought this week. Then bought 2 more Thursday morning and sold one in a few hours for $250. All it takes is one person
Was it a GEO domain again. What do you look out for before buying a GEO domains. My GEO domains seems not to be doing well this month.
Thanks

•••
Was it a GEO domain again. What do you look out for before buying a GEO domains. My GEO domains seems not to be doing well this month.
Thanks
Yea I pretty much strictly do geos. I just make sure there’s plenty end users really. And if the other top cities are registered or not. Like if I see a domain I like. Then bulk check 50 other cities and see they’re all available, chances are nobody will want it. Its a numbers game

•••
Yea I pretty much strictly do geos. I just make sure there’s plenty end users really. And if the other top cities are registered or not. Like if I see a domain I like. Then bulk check 50 other cities and see they’re all available, chances are nobody will want it. Its a numbers game
How has it been going for you with selling Geo's. I seem not to be able to get any domain this days no thanks to HugeDomain.

•••
How has it been going for you with selling Geo's. I seem not to be able to get any domain this days no thanks to HugeDomain.
i sold one for 900 last month, but havent been trying to sell these past few weeks really

•••
i sold one for 900 last month, but havent been trying to sell these past few weeks really[/QURROIec
Congrate on the sale. That's a good return on a hand- reg Geo. What's the niche if you don't mind.

•••
Here are a few reasons why your names might not be selling, followed by some possible solutions:

Problems
1. You are registering the wrong names.
2. Your pricing is not realistic.
3. Your approach to end-users is wrong.
4. You are not trying hard enough.
5. Your attitude is not right

Solutions
1. Focus on two or three-word names that make sense, describe a product or service and refer to a popular US city with at least 200K population. My best sellers are Houston, Austin, NewYork, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. They may also be just product and service names with no geo reference.
2. Price is one of the most important aspects of this game. Most hand-reg. must be priced under $500 and you may get even better results if priced under $300.
3. The probability of getting a positive response decreases if you are doing any of the following: a) Writing from a free email account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.), b) Using too many unnecessary words or expression in your message, c) Not properly identifying yourself (Name, address, business name, etc.).
4. You are promoting one, two or three names and giving up. It doesn't work like that. Most of the names you register will not sell. But, if done right, you could sell two, three or four out of every ten names you acquire. That will mean some nice profit if you do it over and over.
5. You must be reasonable, polite, professional, patient. If you are selling a name for $300 and the end-user offers $200, take the offer and use part of that money to buy more names. Don't respond explaining why the name is more valuable than that.

Last edited:
•••
Here are a few reasons why your names might not be selling, followed by some possible solutions:

Problems
1. You are registering the wrong names.
2. Your pricing is not realistic.
3. Your approach to end-users is wrong.
4. You are not trying hard enough.
5. Your attitude is not right

Solutions
1. Focus on two or three-word names that make sense, describe a product or service and refer to a popular US city with at least 200K population. My best sellers are Houston, Austin, NewYork, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. They may also be just product and service names with no geo reference.
2. Price is one of the most important aspects of this game. Most hand-reg. must be priced under $500 and you may get even better results if priced under $300.
3. The probability of getting a positive response decreases if you are doing any of the following: a) Writing from a free email account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.), b) Using too many unnecessary words or expression in your message, c) Not properly identifying yourself (Name, address, business name, etc.).
4. You are promoting one, two or three names and giving up. It doesn't work like that. Most of the names you register will not sell. But, if done right, you could sell two, three or four out of every ten names you acquire. That will mean some nice profit if you do it over and over.
5. You must be reasonable, polite, professional, patient. If you are selling a name for $300 and the end-user offers $200, take the offer and use part of that money to buy more names. Don't respond explaining why the name is more valuable than that.
Number 3 might be my problem. I have been doing outbound using my Gmail account, most veterens here have stated that they use their gmail or outlook for outbound. I do know how to get a professional mail like yours as it seems one must have a website which will go along with his/her professional mail. Apart from that, this days i am finding it difficult getting a good Geo domains which i am confident of flipping and getting a good ROI no thanks to HugeDomains, i don't know if it's only me experiencing the same thing. your reply especially on how to go about using a professional mail will be appreciated. Thank You.

•••
@infosec3 thanks for the tips. I overpriced a geodomain recently and feel it may have scared the buyer. Then I use a gmail account. So 2 of the listed problems in your post.

I want to set up a professional email but man, most of the good keyword+'domains'.com names are gone. It's unbelievable. Say I reg a name for my email, will you advise I park it so it shows ads?

Also, for someone leaving outside the US, what can I add in my email's signature. E.g. name, email, etc as an international phone number is not an option.

•••
There are some US cities that have the same name. Are they bad for geodomains?

•••
infosec3
nice info thanks :xf.grin: actually you can read my mind!:xf.grin:

anyway, if you guys, want to create email from domain names, try to buy hosting, add domain, on cpanel find email accounts, I am sure you can create profesional email, in just 5 minutes! very easy :xf.grin:
try Hawkhost you get 50% disc for 1 year.

•••
most veterens here have stated that they use their gmail or outlook for outbound
images

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back