Dynadot

Strategy Help - GoDaddy Expiring - 5 minutes left - 0 bids

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Twice today I saw auctions with zero bids with 5 minutes left...I make the first bid and it triggers a bidding war both times.

Obviously this strategy is flawed? Are people seeing the bid and then jumping in? (they were good names)

Should i wait until it drops to $11?

How do you approach these auction situations?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
does that mean if I see an expiring domain I can place a backorder a few minutes before the auction ends and in case no one else is bidding I get it for $25 without anyone noticing my bid?

Sounds pretty effective?

Try initiating a GD backorder during the Expired Auction and see what happens. For me, it instantly places a public opening $10 bid.

•••
Twice today I saw auctions with zero bids with 5 minutes left...I make the first bid and it triggers a bidding war both times.

Obviously this strategy is flawed? Are people seeing the bid and then jumping in? (they were good names)

Should i wait until it drops to $11?

How do you approach these auction situations?

Thanks!

I know that when there is more than 1 bidder the auction always gets extended by 5 minutes after a bid. I am not sure if that happens when there is only 1 bidder. In case there is no extension you could try to wait until there are only a few seconds left submit your bid before it expires. If there is a human submitting the bids they can't react to this.

I am not sure if there is a robot that will blindly bid up ANY domain with one bid. I bid on a worthless domain (from a domaining perspective) a few weeks ago, it was close to the end maybe 5 minutes maybe 15, i don't remember exactly. Nothing happened and I got the domain.

If there is a robot there could be an algo like certain criteria met + bid last minute = trigger $100 automatic bid.

Submitting blind bids to any domain seems too risky to me.

Last edited:
•••
If you bid within the last 5 minutes, the auction will extend. It doesn't matter if you are the only bidder.

•••
does that mean if I see an expiring domain I can place a backorder a few minutes before the auction ends and in case no one else is bidding I get it for $25 without anyone noticing my bid?

Sounds pretty effective?

yes, that can work.

btw, use a discount code when buying the backorder. and I would have the backorder already purchased, so all you have to do is specify the domain.

•••
yes, that can work.

btw, use a discount code when buying the backorder. and I would have the backorder already purchased, so all you have to do is specify the domain.

If I place a backorder in last 5 min, there will be a bid shows in expering domain auctions and shows $10 bid? Or not?

•••
Can anybody tell me what happened to those names in GD auctions which has starting Bid more than $12. Ex. $50 and ended up with no bids . Where they will go ?

I've followed quite a few of those listings, the ones with with higher starting bids. They do not go to closeout, but cycle round again for another 14 days at that higher starting bid. I've seen some go round and around in that 14 day cycle for months.

•••
I've followed quite a few of those listings, the ones with with higher starting bids. They do not go to closeout, but cycle round again for another 14 days at that higher starting bid. I've seen some go round and around in that 14 day cycle for months.

Was this for Expired Auctions?

•••
Hmm, I'm not sure it is for expired domains now you ask. It's usually for something called "Used Domains" which sounds like a type of expired domain. I just know that those listings are a little more than the true expired domains, and they never go to closeout.

•••
Hmm, I'm not sure it is for expired domains now you ask. It's usually for something called "Used Domains" which sounds like a type of expired domain. I just know that those listings are a little more than the true expired domains, and they never go to closeout.

I have seen this twice. There is probably an automated system for figuring out what domains are valuable. GD must cycle domains that they the system thinks should be getting bids but aren't.

•••
Are these "Used Domains" the same as "Repossessed" domains? (Where it says "Repossessed by GoDaddy" in the WhoIs)

•••
If the domain is repossessed the process is different?

•••
i have see domains in close out $5 , not bid , i think this is repossessed.
If you have this domain in watch list , this domain return at $10 in 10 days auction , if this domain not make a sale , go up .

I have find domains that i not have buy at $5 closeout , in few months go to $99 auction 30 days ;)

•••
If the domain is at 10, there's a back order on it.

•••
Thanks for these guides!

•••
•••
Good domains most of time is like that, even bidding at last minute.

•••
Ugh! I need to move to a more domaining friendly timezone. Is automated bidding not against GoDaddy ToS?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back