NameSilo

Strange Whois

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ekal

Play up Pompey!VIP Member
Impact
Can anyone help me make sense of this whois record? Who should I contact if I want to buy the domain?

ICANN Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Created: 1996-11-14
Expires: 2006-11-13
Registrar Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS2.DINEY.COM

Registrant:
Admin, Domain
eCommerce Advertising
P.O. Box 533 WB
West Bay, Granc Cayman KY
KY

Domain Name:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
eCommerce Advertising
P.O. Box 533 WB
West Bay, Granc Cayman KY
KY
1-345-925-1600 fax: null

Record expires on 14-Nov-2006.
Record created on 15-Nov-1996.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.DINEY.COM 198.76.196.98
NS2.DINEY.COM 198.76.196.99

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I guess u have to call the admin of this domain if u neeeded to buy this one

•••
I dont think you're going to get a hold of this name. I have found that companies that are in the Cayman Islands are there because they are holding companies, and they want to keep their assets away from US tax laws.

Name Administration, Inc. (usually denoted by nameservers containing 15x.net) claims that they are in the business of parking domain names and not selling them, because more revenue can be made by parking the names and holding them for a long period of time, as long are those names are tagetted correctly.

You can pursue these domain holders, but I would not gets yuor hopes high at all. You might have to offer a large sum for them to even consider selling these names.

-Steve

•••
thats what I figured too. the domain isn't for sale anywhere, the site is parked but doesn't have a "buy this domain" option, and the whois seems to be deliberately obtuse.

Still, I've e-mailed them and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

•••
You still have a possibility to use snail mail, don't you? :)

•••
Thanks - I've sent an Afternic bid as well and will keep my fingers crossed.

A follow up question... I'm building a teacher employment website. It will be along the lines of XXXjobs. All the other competitors in this particular field use the XXX. I own all the other permutations for XXXjobs except for .com.

Is it worth persuing this or should I go for the .org as the business name?

•••
Hi ekal,

I would start a new thread for this question, so that more people can get an opportunity to answer it.
:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back