Dynadot

new gtlds .store vs .shop which will you invest in more and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

1NiteStand

With AlacrityEstablished Member
Impact
.store vs .shop, what do you think is a better investment and why? Some keywords flow nicely with one or the other, and some flow nice with both new gTLDs, maybe invest in both?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
I already knew all that, like I said in my post, it wasn't for you, it was for others who might take advice from your inaccurate post and the fact this is entirely a gamble ;)
But you speak about .Shop without knowing that the .Shop is not yet available...:laugh:
But now I'll help you in your mission with an accurate post: People do not buy new domains, please, it's a gamble. ;) Do not buy new domains, please, please, please...;););)
No one can stop revolutions...

Last edited:
•••
I still didn´t list my ".shop" domains for sale in any platform. I am not 100% sure if it goes against their Terms and Conditions. Does somebody heard something about this lately? Thank you!

•••
Well, it's available now :)

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
I have been reading the Terms in Conditions in https://nic.shop/ . There stands anything about taking the domains away from domainers. So i went ahead yesterday and listed some of them in the different platforms.

•••
AMS on Google:

"store" 450 000
"shop" 368 000

At this point, the difference is not essential, though. As mentioned, it rather depends on what's being sold, imo.

Yeah, the terms are split pretty evenly but there are domains that only make sense in combination with one of the two. I can't think of a good example right now. Anyone chip in?

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
Yeah, the terms are split pretty evenly but there are domains that only make sense in combination with one of the two. I can't think of a good example right now. Anyone chip in?

Thanks,
Brandon

Food.store

Food.shop

Go.store

Go.shop

•••
I bought on Flippa gTLDs.store :)

•••
Food.store

Food.shop

Go.store

Go.shop

Yes, most terms will work with either .store or .shop. I was trying to come up with an example where one of the two extension doesn't work at all with a term but the other extension sounds perfectly fine.

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
It's a risky investment as there is no past history to go by, there is no data, there is nothing but a gamble. I sincerely wish everyone luck, but personally I don't like to do business with sheer luck, that's not business it's blind betting at a card game ;)
Yes, most terms will work with either .store or .shop. I was trying to come up with an example where one of the two extension doesn't work at all with a term but the other extension sounds perfectly fine.

Thanks,
Brandon

I get what your saying, I suppose Go Store could work . At first thought I liked Go.Shop like telling someone to go shop. But I suppose Go Store could work too

•••
I get what your saying, I suppose Go Store could work . At first thought I liked Go.Shop like telling someone to go shop. But I suppose Go Store could work too

Yeah I think they both work. "Go" will work with any extension (and it's only 2L). I just did a quick check and it seems there are very little go.extension domains available. 2L is either too short (syntax error), they are reserved, registered or only available at an exorbitant one-time or yearly fee per year.

The same seems to apply to "Get" and I'm sure there are plenty of other terms like that.

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
Yeah I think they both work. "Go" will work with any extension (and it's only 2L). I just did a quick check and it seems there are very little go.extension domains available. 2L is either too short (syntax error), they are reserved, registered or only available at an exorbitant one-time or yearly fee per year.

The same seems to apply to "Get" and I'm sure there are plenty of other terms like that.

Thanks,
Brandon

Get.Shopping

I like it

•••
I seem to like .shop also. What do you think of resale value of a branded e-commerce store followed by .shop extension? And I have some Chinese branded store names. Didn't wanna invest on US company ones etc.

•••
GO.STORE DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSEO_o

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back