Dynadot

question .Store or .Shop?

NameSilo
Watch

.Store or .Shop

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

dgmweb

Established Member
Impact
Curious what YOU think. My favorite is .shop but everybody has their own preference.

Given the same domain on each, which would you buy from?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I had the exact dilemma with one of my online stores so I did both but in .ca's adding a subdomain.

shop.mnm.ca & store.mnm.ca

The store domain is a much fancier site but the shop domain still takes 10 times the traffic.
I do about 1.3 million on shop yearly with only about 200k on store.

Hope that helped your decision.

PS. that gives me an idea for a topic!!!

Last edited:
•••
@shayan cool, thanks. Any specific reason why? Or just the shorter name?

@MapleDots that's great to know, thank you. I see what you mean about the sites - do you think since the user has less options on the .shop that increases the conversions?

btw, totally off-topic, I toured the Toronto/Hamilton/London circuit years ago in a metal band. Never made it to Guelph but one of our opening bands was from Guelph. Had to mention it after seeing the map on the .store site :)

•••
I from the greater GTA area which is a 100km (60 mile) radius of Toronto. Houses have increased insane in the last few years because a shack costs 1 million in Toronto now.

I opened a new topic on the site design, it gave me an idea to discuss exactly what you mentioned.

•••
Cool, I'll look for the thread :)

•••
@shayan cool, thanks. Any specific reason why? Or just the shorter name?

@MapleDots that's great to know, thank you. I see what you mean about the sites - do you think since the user has less options on the .shop that increases the conversions?

btw, totally off-topic, I toured the Toronto/Hamilton/London circuit years ago in a metal band. Never made it to Guelph but one of our opening bands was from Guelph. Had to mention it after seeing the map on the .store site :)
You can almost be sure that today and the future of every domain will be a store of some kind. Each domain, in this sense, will be offering something of value (product,service,information,etc..) to its users viewing the website. So, in that sense, perhaps a .store is not so necessary, as it's already implied indirectly. However, .shop can offer the shortcut of accessing the company's shopping page directly. Maybe you just want to see the products/services offered, and therefore, a .shop would be the go-to url you would associate with that company. A store is more broad in its focus, and thus, is already offered when you enter any site -- so I don't think it really has much significance.

•••
With high renewal prices from greedy Radix the future is not bright for .store

•••
.shop gave me $xx.xxx profit just 1 month later of the GA

In my opinion number 1 gtld. You just need to contact the right end users..

•••
I had the exact dilemma with one of my online stores so I did both but in .ca's adding a subdomain.

shop.mnm.ca & store.mnm.ca

The store domain is a much fancier site but the shop domain still takes 10 times the traffic.
I do about 1.3 million on shop yearly with only about 200k on store.

Hope that helped your decision.

PS. that gives me an idea for a topic!!!

Thanks for sharing :)

•••
With high renewal prices from greedy Radix the future is not bright for .store

I've also been concerned about volatile renewals since this is the first time I've registered any .shop domains. I have no doubts I can cover the normal renewal with site revenue, but a sudden high increase (like we saw with .guitar) would be a pain. Hopefully this gTLD is getting enough registrations to prevent a price hike.

•••
maybe .store

clothes.store
cars.store
simcards.store
domains.store
other

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back