Domain Empire

.mobi ssi.mobi: Appraisals Please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I rarely do this, but I just acquired this domain and wanted to see what the community thought about it, and where you would peg the value at.

And, none of you better say 0.00-reg fee, or I'll kick your ____ :santa:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You still paid too much, and you should have verified those two other "sales" IMHO ... but all the best with your developments (you seem to be very knowledgeable about this subject and that will be of great assistance here long-term, as well)! :gl:

Best of Luck!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff,

I did not base this sale on these other sales, in any way. I was just remarking that if zong.mobi is going for $1,000, that in my opinion this domain is worth more than zong.mobi or donations.mobi for that matter.

Again, I appreciate all your comments. I'm happy with this sale, and in the end that's all that really matters.

It will be interesting to come and look at this thread in a few years.....it sure has gotten an amazing amount of page views.

Last edited:
•••
garrett200 said:
To sum this up, I think you guys have made me come full circle and realize that I am the best person to own and develop this domain!!

now that's the best statement I've read in a long time!

imho

•••
And I also know how many lawyers would give their left arm to have ads running on a domain like this.
you are quite correct

ssi law is a complete subspeciality with lawyers devoting their whole practice to ssi law

if mobi really hits like we all hope, you will be able to sell this to a big-city (new york, los angles, chicago) ssi lawyer for a _very_ nice profit

i don't think you overpaid at all, but i think you will need to hold it for awhile

•••
garrett200 said:
I did not base this sale on these other sales, in any way. I was just remarking that if zong.mobi is going for $1,000, that in my opinion this domain is worth more than zong.mobi or donations.mobi for that matter.

Understood ... and I agree that yours is better than the other two, IMHO. :music:

It will be interesting to come and look at this thread in a few years.....it sure has gotten an amazing amount of page views.

Righto, see you back here ... in about 12 - 15 years! :p
Goodnight for now.
-Jeff B-)

•••
"S" is the most valuable letter. (some would argue "A", but anyway...) "I" is a mid-level premium letter. So SSI is in the top 1-2 percent of all-premium LLL.mobis for letter quality. Is it, for that, worth 4X junk letter LLL.mobis?

IMHO, Yes. I would not want to pay that much, but the price can be justified.

Anyway, why do end users pay so much more than resellers --- because they have a specific plan for that domain name and no other will do. This is the case here, and he got a bargain for an end user.

•••
accentnepal said:
"S" is the most valuable letter. (some would argue "A", but anyway...) "I" is a mid-level premium letter. So SSI is in the top 1-2 percent of all-premium LLL.mobis for letter quality. Is it, for that, worth 4X junk letter LLL.mobis?

IMHO, Yes. I would not want to pay that much, but the price can be justified.

Anyway, why do end users pay so much more than resellers --- because they have a specific plan for that domain name and no other will do. This is the case here, and he got a bargain for an end user.

I agree. I'd say it's a minimum $500 'quick sale' price and likely $750+ if it were put on auction at Sedo. That being said, how many people are actually willing to part with good letter combinations at resale value currently? Most people seem to want more than the going rate, granted the consensus seems to be that they have nowhere to go but up in the near future.

I wouldn't say you got a steal of a deal paying $1k for it, but at the same time, I'd be hard pressed to say you got burned on it either. IMO, you payed what would be expected of an enduser of such a name. If you plan on using it for such a purpose as the ideas above -- GREAT! I really don't see you losing anything on this one... Worst case scenario should you choose not to develop it -- hold it until the market catches up :)

•••
Thanks guys.

This is regged for 3 years, so I plan on holding it until at least that time. In the meantime, I think I am going to work on getting it developed and work on getting it ranked for keywords in the SE's. Who knows, I might never part with this domain once I get it going.

•••
garrett200 said:
Thanks guys.

This is regged for 3 years, so I plan on holding it until at least that time. In the meantime, I think I am going to work on getting it developed and work on getting it ranked for keywords in the SE's. Who knows, I might never part with this domain once I get it going.

Best of luck with it Garrett :) I agree with the others -- you're the perfect enduser for this one!

•••
Please let me know if you are getting .mobi developed. I have a few too, but can't seem to find the right developer.
In the meantime, I think I am going to work on getting it developed and work on getting it ranked for keywords in the SE's.

•••
Got an offer today for ssi.mobi, $60 USD!

I countered at $1,000,000

We'll see what happens, maybe we'll meet in the middle lol.

•••
Ssi is a good name. Much more than zong I think. As for donations, allow me to throw some light on several people's posted opinion of it's value. Say for example that you owned donations and sms/textpay or other monetization methods are in place. Now say that you recieved $50,000,000.-- in donations through this site to a foundation. The foundation disburses 90% to various charitable causes ($45, 000,000.--) and retains 10% or $5,000,000.-- as profit. This could occur annually! So now, how much is this very powerful name worth? I hope this sheds some light on the true value of this donation name and explains the distant but loud chuckles of some mobi observers with the requisite marketing knowledge in the charitable/ donation niche. Is there big money in donations? You betcha! JMHO... :)

•••
OK, that is a good argument for donations, but zong.mobi? Come on now, anyone with half a brain knows that ssi.mobi is worth so much more than zong.mobi, which supposedly got a low x,xxx offer.

•••
SSI.. i like that one... I tried getting that one specifically during the initial .mobi registration, and loooks like I know where it went to! Great catch and eventual sale

•••
garrett200 said:
OK, that is a good argument for donations, but zong.mobi? Come on now, anyone with half a brain knows that ssi.mobi is worth so much more than zong.mobi, which supposedly got a low x,xxx offer.
Have you ever been to zong.com? The sale makes total sense to me.

Zong.com contact info:
Echovox S.A.
26 avenue de la Praille

Zong.mobi whois:
Registrant Organization:Echovox SA
Registrant Street1:26 av. de la Praille

The whole thing was shrouded in mystery and fraud rumors because ultimately the seller did not communicate well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back