IT.COM

Squadhelp to launch a “Wholesale Marketplace”

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a newsletter sent today from @squadhelp , the company has announced their launch of a “wholesale marketplace” where sellers can sell their listed squadhelp domains to other sellers.

upload_2019-4-8_9-25-50.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@biggie Thanks. Premium is just a word people use to hype domains. The reality is that freshly handregistered names sell all the time in brandable marketplaces for $XXXX. Most don't. A small percentage do. It doesn't turn most of them to be worth that before a sale. Worth is mostly in the eyes of the potential end user anyway. If they're willing to pay $XXXX for something- it becomes valuable. Until that point, it only has potential to be valuable.

I'm not against having an aftermarket for these names. On the contrary. But a wholesale marketplace that's publicized isn't the right way, IMO. It should just be done privately, say on a slack channel. The people who need to know about it know about it and that's it. When you tell potential end users on your site that people are being offered marketplace names for $XX- it just undermines the perceived value of the domains in the marketplace in the eyes of the potential end users. Their perspective is the only one that matters. They should be focused on browsing the marketplace and finding a name to buy, believing that what they're paying is worth it. Anything that gets in the way of that is a distraction and counterproductive.

Last edited:
•••
I am very excited about your business model but heavily disappointed in the quality of domain name you are using.

What the hell is SquadHelp doing in a domain name marketplace? Are you running a customer care call center??

•••
But names that sell for 1k-2k should cost around 25$ wholesale just because only 1-3% of them will sell and you will pay 20% to 35% commission and renewal for 97-99% of names that did not sell.

It is a shock for a buyer if they find out though, because they have no clue about the sell through.

•••
It's always a good idea to take a more cautious approach especially if you are concerned about your wholesale prices being discovered by end users. Participation in this feature is entirely optional.

This feature is really intended for those sellers who want the additional flexibility of buying and selling their names to and from other fellow sellers. Of course, we don't recommend listing every domain in the portfolio at a wholesale price, but many sellers have contacted us about wanting to sell some of their names (especially those that are close to renewal) at a wholesale price to other sellers.

We believe getting 3 premium listings approved in our marketplace is not easy (especially for a casual end user) and on an average, this would require them to submit 25+ domains to get 3 listings approved. As a result, we believe this offers a much more secure environment than listing the names in an open marketplace where a simple Google search can lead to that page. Having said that, we will continue to monitor and may tighten the visibility requirements even more in future.

I wish SH said more about if and what they approve as premium domains from unregistered domain submissions. I’ve found this feature extremely disappointing, and I know I’ve submitted some goodies.

•••
So are people not going to be allowed to sell their names to another seller privately? Why is SquadHelp nickel and diming everything? People are perfectly capable of selling their names to other sellers with lots of experience doing so in the other marketplaces. JMO.

•••
People are perfectly capable of selling their names to other sellers with lots of experience doing so in the other marketplaces.
Yeah,

Selling our names for $5 to $20 as other marketplaces putting lots of restriction on us, no thank you, I thanks @GrantP for doing this. At least now we will get our name sold at Wholesale price instead of selling dirt cheap.

Why is SquadHelp nickel and diming everything?

Haha, Diming everything, I knew its hurting lots of big whale who were enjoying sales on other marketplace but now Squadhelp killing all those sales.

•••
But names that sell for 1k-2k should cost around 25$ wholesale just because only 1-3% of them will sell and you will pay 20% to 35% commission and renewal for 97-99% of names that did not sell.

It is a shock for a buyer if they find out though because they have no clue about the sell through.

I have sold three squadhelp listed names for $500 here (the funny part all of three was previously listed on Brandpa) to one of the seller here., you knew it happen because SquadHelp doesn't remove your name and nor give you warning of selling your names outside, unlike other marketplaces.

•••
I suggest all of those who worried about their name getting bought by some "Smart end-user" at wholesale price don't put your name at wholesale market of squadhelp. you will be safe.

•••
I suggest all of those who worried about their name getting bought by some "Smart end-user" at wholesale price don't put your name at wholesale market of squadhelp. you will be safe.

The concern is not about their own names. It is how bare existence of such a place might affect the perception of value by clients.

•••
@GrantP First of all, kudos on the growth and innovation. I sent a message using the blue button and asked to forward it to your marketplace team right after seeing the newsletter that pretty much echoes what JudgeMind had written. Having a wholesale marketplace has a potential to backfire. The knowledge that such a place exists can make end users feel like they have the option of paying $XX instead of $XXXX and that can't be good for their mind frame and for sales. Such trading is best done on the down low, as is the case with other marketplaces. If you do go ahead with it, I think it would be wise not to include help pages and/or other documentation about it. Either way, the intention is good so thanks for that.

Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for bringing this up.

A wholesale marketplace is a good thing in general. Shouting about it to everyone around - not so much. Especially on their own forum where end users can definitely see it.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back