NamesCon2020

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

@SuperBrander I will never submit another name for SH to reg due to the commission structure:

You do the work in finding the name, SH gets 65% of the sale. Unless you pay for the renewals (while SH continues to own the name), SH's commissions go up every year and they don't tell you by how much.

This is not honorable compensation. It's a clever way to get domainers to do the heavy-lifting of inventory building while giving them little in return.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. SuperBrander

SuperBrander Top Member VIP

@DomainBanana Up to you, of course. I kinda like having this option for certain domains.

@Recons.Com Thanks for supporting the perfectionism. Like I said, definitely not the best name ever. But has some potential.

3. DomainBanana

@Recons.Com, Oddly enough SH has already been flooded with avrio names:

-accounting
    -investment
    -mortgage
    -advisor
    -vantage
    -medical
    -science
    -brands
    -beauty
    -agency
    -global
    -growth
    -realty
    -planet

and more!

All "SH Premium"!

4. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Member VIP

It doesn't have to be the best. It has a good potential, as it is very positive term. Most would like to see the perfectionism in their service providers, especially in health, beauty etc. Or would like feeling that they see the perfection in you ))

5. Recons.Com

OK, I just checked. There seem to be plenty of companies in the wild that use "Avrio", so checked what the term means. Apparently, it is Greek for "Tomorrow".

The problem with this is that for every greek good word (let's assume there are 2000 of those), you can combine it with another 2000 of great english words, then you are at already 4 million combos.

Then add latin, spanish etc. to the mix, and we are talking tens of millions. So there is little incentive for an end user to buy your listed name, if he can get similar one for hand reg.

So, SH has definitely been following a dead end here. Just because there are hundreds of Avrio+Word names, doesn't make it a good candidate for SH market.

6. DomainBanana

Yes: Mixing foreign language words with generic industries in English is not a formula for a premium name. Too many possibilities! Very easy for companies to hand-reg these kinds of names and they are not coherent brands.

It's like mixing an invented word + a generic. Zerxa might be fine by itself. ZerxaFoods is not a premium domain.

Even if they've sold one or two of these names due to the high marketing spend, it cheapens the marketplace to have these up there, in my view.

One more example of how SH frequently ventures one step beyond premium branding.

7. Recons.Com

I remember BB at its peak was also pushing some openly bad brandable patterns down the throat of end users, using their reputation, google popularity etc. They would accept names that matched certain letter patterns even with zero regard to the meaning and cornering a non-existent market. Until they overflooded the market and left many owners holding the bag with bad potatoes with little chance to sell. They won't drop those either, because of the "escalated commitment". Now SH is going down the same path.

Here are two great names probably available to register and submit to SH: Avrio/Help/com and Avrio/Squad/com ))))

8. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Bullish on .com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

thank you for the follow up. I’m venting as I’ve invested a lot of time and money into what SH was, not liking the massive marketplace competition with no views/sales of my names. Hope you can understand.

I will say this, squadhelp still is an industry leader in customer support and their staff is always very helpful. Regardless of my bickering above, my current 6 month sell thru rate of 4% is still double the industry standard. It just sucks to be below the site avg sell through rate and with 292 listings, I’d expect more sales. Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  9. Kenndien

Kenndien Top Member VIP

So it looks like there's a new feature called "Exit and Intent Offers." What I like about SH is that they keep trying new things. Great job! @GrantP

10. JudgeMind

Interested to see if it helps. I’ve applied it to my account, I’ve tried to test it to see if it’s working but doesn’t seem to be yet.

11. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

What's the typical time frame from sale to payout ? I just got notice that A/l/t/h/e/y/a/.com sold for $1649, but the say transfer and then payment can take "7-14 days because many customers ask for Trademark validation before moving forward with the transfer". How often does the trademark check kill the sale ?

First sale on SH and am trying to get an idea of how they compare to BP or BB.

12. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

just an fyi , I have confirmed this feature will not work with any domains currently showing a discount already.

I do urge if possible @GrantP to allow two options so that we can enable exit feature on discounted domains also.

I am still beyond grateful for squadhelp, their sharing of data gives a very helpful advantage to those who are new, I was drowing in brandpa as a noob and it was costly and defeating.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  13. ALDaisy1

ALDaisy1 Established Member

Speaking from my own experience, payment is usually received within 10 days. I've never had a trademark problem result in anyone backing out of a sale. I have had one which was bought on a payment plan and the buyer made four payments before defaulting.

14. tldboss

tldboss Top Member VIP

Two of my premium names were delisted more than a week ago.

I asked support to relist them, but they say they are unable to relist them.

Asked @GrantP via DM here to look into it, no reply from him, don't know if my request is being ignored or what.

This is frustrating. I was in the process of growing my SH portfolio, but now thinking of removing my names and moving on. I think asking support to relist a name is a waste of time. It is so easy on other marketplaces to publish delisted names, without contacting support.

@GrantP please help

15. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

Why were they delisted? purposely ? or just random error on platform end ?

16. November

November Top Member VIP

It seems that the feature/discount will be visible only for constest holders/potential buyers/.

17. November

November Top Member VIP

Hmm.. very strange. I saw the new feature/discount window for 1 of my domains. But my domain was discounted so I shouldn't see the new discount window. :xf.laugh:

18. JudgeMind

Just throwing this out there, but could it be that the end users on SH have discovered the wholesale marketplace and are buying their startup names from there? The timing in the reduction of sales does line up with the launch of the wholesale marketplace. When the wholesale marketplace was announced this was my primary concern and the reason why I did not like the idea. @GrantP

19. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

I highly doubt that. I had to ask to even be able to view it. A regular person on the site does not see it. Unless something changed.

20. DomainBanana

@JudgeMind the wholesale marketplace isn't public. There are qualifications that deter end-users from using it:

There are two ways to become an Authorized Wholesale Buyer.

a) Automatic Qualification

Your SH account automatically qualifies as an Authorized Wholesale Buyer if you meet any of these conditions:

• Minimium of 10 approved and live premium listings in SH Premium domain marketplace
    • Minimum of 3 approved and live listings in SH Premium domain marketplace, PLUS a Tier A creative status.
    • Minimum of 3 approved and live listings in SH Premium domain marketplace, PLUS one or more contest wins.
    b) Manual Qualification

If you do not meet the automatic qualification criteria above, you can manually apply to become an Authorized wholesale buyer, as long as you have a minimum of 3 approved and live listings in SH Premium domain marketplace. In this situation, you must send us additional supporting information that shows you are an active Domain Investor. For example, you can send details of your NamePros account, or link/screenshots that show your active domain Portfolio.

An approval is entirely up to SH's team discretion. Also, your account must stay in Good standing at all times to retain this status.

SH was a small marketplace that aggressively marketed its inventory. Of course STR would be high and it's only natural that it will go down with growth.

Relax.

21. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

Few clarifications -
    • We are not seeing an overall reduction in end user sales. We are infact selling significantly higher number of domains per month compared to the period before Wholesale Marketplace was announced.
    • It is extremely difficult (and unlikely) for an end user to get access to the Wholesale marketplace. In order to be eligible, they would need 10 premium (live) listings in our Marketplace. Which means they would need to submit on an average 100+ domains (based on our approval rate). For anyone with less than 10 listings, we manually review their portfolio to ensure they are an active Domainer.
    • Most of the domains purchased in our Wholesale marketplace are listed back on SH platform.

22. DomainBanana

Yes, but the marketplace STR has significantly decreased. This is a natural result of growth.

Sellers shouldn't expect demand to follow suit when SH dramatically increases supply. There are only so many buyers out there.

23. GrantP

This feature is designed to show a popup when our system detects a high degree of likelihood that the user is about to leave the website. There are few other rules that limit the visibility of the popup based upon time spend, number of visits etc.

We are currently testing few different options for popups so you might see few different variations. As with other features that we add, we plan do a significant amount of A/B testing before we finalize the design and the actual rules that will trigger this popup.

24. GrantP

I will look into this further. We currently do not allow automatic relisting of domains, because we typically first look into the circumstances around the previous Delisting. However I have noted your feedback and we will work on making this process more efficient.

25. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Member VIP

@GrantP I think sh should scrap wholesale channel and set up a slack group for members. I believe namepros members will appreciate slack more for domain exchange

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice