IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else experiencing non-responsive logo images on small screens (mobile phones) with the new landers?

Attachments

• responsive.jpg
    responsive.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 59
•••
Would you guys recommend giving your own price for premium domain listings or is it better to leave it blank and let SH recommend their price? I assume if you let SH decide you can still reject it or change the price a bit?

Also is there a way to list premium SH names on Afternic without needing to buy coins?

•••
A few days ago I had a second sale this month. So two sales in September and 0 sales from March till September (5 months) with a portfolio of 560 premium domain names. Also, I got an offer of $1300 for a domain name priced at $2299. SH declined the offer and the buyer disappeared. I would have rather accepted that offer since it was a random brandable domain name, but oh well. Let's see what October will bring 🙂.

Last edited:
•••
A few days ago I had a second sale this month. So two sales in September and 0 sales from March till September (5 months) with a portfolio of 560 premium domain names. Also, I got an offer of $1300 for a domain name priced at $2299. SH declined the offer and the buyer disappeared. I would have rather accepted that offer since it was a random brandable domain name, but oh well. Let's see what October will bring 🙂.
They don't ask if you're willing to accept the offer?

•••
They don't ask if you're willing to accept the offer?
No. I was just informed that they declined the offer and only THEN I was asked what is the lowest price I'm willing to accept.

•••
No. I was just informed that they declined the offer and only THEN I was asked what is the lowest price I'm willing to accept.
That's not good.

•••
I've been having issues with the discoverability of my domain names in search so I did some testing. It seems that the search is broken ... AGAIN.

Last week I added the keyword "serendipity" to the description of one of my domain names.

Jentto.JPG

Today I tried searching for the keyword "serendipity" and ... nothing.

Serendipity.JPG

•••
I've been having issues with the discoverability of my domain names in search so I did some testing. It seems that the search is broken ... AGAIN.

Last week I added the keyword "serendipity" to the description of one of my domain names.

Show attachment 224367
Today I tried searching for the keyword "serendipity" and ... nothing.

Show attachment 224368
I've just spoken to the Blue Button help... Thank you. I have checked this with the engineering team, and it looks like the search indexing was temporarily put on hold for last few days as we transition to the new landing pages. This should be enabled later today, at which point all pending changes to root words or descriptions will be updated in the marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
I've just spoken to the Blue Button help... Thank you. I have checked this with the engineering team, and it looks like the search indexing was temporarily put on hold for last few days as we transition to the new landing pages. This should be enabled later today, at which point all pending changes to root words or descriptions will be updated in the marketplace.
It wasn't the last "few days". It was the whole last week or more. Because I noticed this issue earlier and only tested it later to make sure.

But I'm glad to hear it was temporary, they're on it and it will be fixed soon 🙂

Last edited:
•••
My annualized sell-through is currently 0.78%. Sales weren't great the year before either. I have been holding on for things to improve, but no sign of this yet.

•••
My annualized sell-through is currently 0.78%. Sales weren't great the year before either. I have been holding on for things to improve, but no sign of this yet.

Is that the true annualized STR or the SH's own weird exaggerated one? How many sales in 12 months? And how many names average for the year?

•••
Annualized sell through is 0.78%
2% portfolio sales - that is percentage of names sold after being listed for 12 months or more

3 sales total since October 2021. 2 sales since 15th November 2021. 1 only this entire year and that was in February.

Last edited:
•••
Annualized sell through is 0.78%
2% portfolio sales - that is percentage of names sold after being listed for 12 months or more

3 sales total since October 2021. 2 sales since 15th November 2021. 1 only this entire year and that was in February.

0.78% STR with 3 sales would mean you had 385 names weighted average for the last 12 months listed there.

That is large enough portfolio that should be representative of how well SH is doing. No sales from Feb 2022 should be really concerning. That is 7-8 months without a sale, while if SH was doing anywhere near 2% STR as many assume is minimum for that kind of platform, you should have had 5-6 sales Feb to now.

•••
I feel the only way SH commission is worth it is if STR is 10%+.

Last edited:
•••
It wasn't the last "few days". It was the whole last week or more. Because I noticed this issue earlier and only tested it later to make sure.

But I'm glad to hear it was temporary, they're on it and it will be fixed soon 🙂

Today the search is only partly working. Only some of my domain names with a specific keyword in the description are indexed and found in the search results.

This issue is still not fixed ...

Last edited:
•••
🧵4 weeks ago #squadhelp introduced a new metric into the domain seller panel called "Buyer Interest Strong" This identifies potential buyers who have viewed you domain 2 + times. Individual visitors and their number of visits are shown when clicking on the the domain name👇

Last edited:
•••
Anyone experiencing better STR with new SH landers?

•••
•••
when refreshing the domain listing page , The view got changed and every time we should remove the ticks !!?

This need to be fixed !!

1665752985602.png

•••
Does Squadhelp do wire transfers to bank account for payouts?

Last I looked I only saw paypal & payoneer ?

How do they payout mid xx,xxx + Sales?

Last edited:
•••
It seems that Squadhelp switched today from Sucuri.net to Cloudflare, as a CDN/protection. I've immediately felt the difference in terms of site loading speed.

With Sucuri, sometimes the website was very slow. I don't know if it was because of the traffic, DDoS or both but doesn't make sense to invest a lot in advertising if you can't handle the traffic.

Also, two-three months ago I've got banned by Sucuri firewall just by clicking and opening too fast like 20 Chrome tabs with contests :)) I had to reboot my router to get a new public IP, after I saw that after 3-4 hours I was still banned.

For now Sh is very fast. Let's hope it will stay like that.

Attachments

• Squadhelp switched from Sucuri.net to Cloudflare.jpg
    Squadhelp switched from Sucuri.net to Cloudflare.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 62
•••
Hi,

I was trying to remove visual images for standard domains but they don't get removed

Anyone with the same issue?

I want to test a clean for sale landing page for standard domains

Last edited:
•••
I think squadhelp member dont have the sales in certain of mobths because business start to prepare recession

•••
I don't think SH listing is completely free for your own registered names. They limited my account to 5 free listings only. Once used, you have to purchase coin's for each listing.
Thanks for this!

•••
@gericsb That's wrong info.

I have a lot of SH Standard Listings and I didn't need to spend coins to list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back