IT.COM

domains Squadhelp is now "atom"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Thasreefa P M

Upgraded Member
Impact
Who all got to know SquadHelp Changed it's name to atom!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Being there since 2012, I feel a little bit sorry that I won't see the name "Squadhelp" anymore, but the domain Atom.com is WoW and I'm sure it will help take the business to the next level.

I wonder how much did they pay for the domain: 500k, 1 million USD?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Not sure about the logo tho
Me neither. It looks like a logo one of their creatives would make.

Did they launch a 100$ contest to save money after the acquisition of the domain? :glasses:

•••
•••
Now that they are far more than crowd sourced naming, tagline and logo contests, it makes sense to rebrand to a name that allows growth in multiple dimensions.

As a company selling premium and ultrapremium names, it makes sense to brand on one themselves.

They managed to keep the information under wraps until announcement. The teaser they sent out about something big in April was certainly true.

The blog announcing the name change also points out new opportunities coming from creatives and growth in their domain distribution network coming, so that will be interesting to follow.

Congratulations to them on their success and growth so far, and best wishes for continued success.

-Bob

•••
I never liked the name SquadHelp. However it might be hard to position the new name/brand (and I'm not talking about SEO).

•••
fantastic name upgrade - finally a real top tier domain name should instill more trust in end users.

•••
I would never recommend this marketplace....never sold a domain through them

•••
•••
Atom is top tier, but I'm going to miss saying Squadhelp.

Either way, SH is always pushing the bar and that's why 95% of my portfolio is there.

•••
Atom Google Ad.png

•••
Atom is an awesome name there's no denying it.

•••
I never liked the name SquadHelp. However it might be hard to position the new name/brand (and I'm not talking about SEO).

In what way?

•••
In what way?

There is no association between the word 'atom' and domains or naming or any related services, it needs to be built from scratch. At the same time there are a lot of other associations already built, such as energy production, news syndication (similar to RSS) or (now defunct) text editor, so they will have to "compete" with them to build this brand. Having the .com certainly helps, but do note they chose to call themselves "atom", not "atom dot com", which arguably might have helped a bit.

Last edited:
•••
Atom.com is an absolutely top tier domain name. Their rationale is "Atom: where everything starts". I'm not entirely convinced about the fit though. In any case, it's a great acquisition and keen to seeing more details.

Last edited:
•••
Is a great name, but not for this business

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back