IT.COM

domains Squadhelp is now "atom"

NameSilo
Watch

Thasreefa P M

Upgraded Member
Impact
Who all got to know SquadHelp Changed it's name to atom!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
15 minutes to log into my account since the change over.

•••
•••

Ahh...

How much money do y'all think this rebrand is costing the company?

While unlikely, wouldn't it be something if this turned out to be similar to the zoom.com / phenom.com domain brokerage play?

1. Zoom.com:

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/10/...oom-com-and-will-launch-domain-service-on-it/

Two months later:

https://domaininvesting.com/zoom-com-acquired-by-zoom-video-communications/

2. Phenom.com:

https://domaininvesting.com/bqdn-rebrands-as-phenom-com/

Five months later:

https://domaininvesting.com/phenom-com-acquired-by-phenom-people-amid-rebrand/

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Asked Google Gemini

Prompt: True or False
There is no association between the word 'atom' and domains or naming or any related services,

False. Here's why:
  • Atomic Structure and Domains: The word "atom" carries a sense of the smallest, indivisible unit of something. This concept mirrors how a domain name functions as the fundamental building block of a website or online presence.
(Prompt: Elaborate)

Here's a breakdown of the associations that make "atom" an appealing choice for brands focused on domains and naming:
  • Small but Powerful: Atoms are tiny yet hold significant energy and potential. Likewise, a domain name or brand name seems simple but can be hugely impactful for online visibility and business success.
  • Potential for Combinations: Atoms combine to form complex molecules, just as a domain name can be combined with other elements of a website or brand to create a larger identity.
  • Scientific Connotations: The word "atom" carries a sense of discovery, innovation, and precision. These traits are desirable in the domain and naming industries, where finding the perfect name is both a science and an art.
Overall: The association is subtle, but it works on several levels. It aligns with the services provided while communicating ideas like:
  • Foundation: We help you get to the core of your online presence.
  • Power: Small can be mighty when it comes to your digital identity.
  • Precision & Expertise: We utilize a careful, structured approach to find the perfect name.
(Prompt: Suggest 10 alternatives single word brand names for this category)
  1. Spark: Evokes creativity, inspiration, and the ignition of an idea. (Developed Dating App)
  2. Forge: Suggests craftsmanship, shaping something powerful, and building a strong foundation. (Developed Financial Sector)
  3. Apex: Implies reaching the highest point, signifying premium domains or exceptional naming outcomes. (Developed IT services)
  4. Atlas: Conveys a sense of global reach, mapping the online world, and supporting discovery. (FOR SALE)
  5. Flare: Hints at brilliance, a name or domain that stands out and attracts attention. (FOR SALE)
  6. Mint: Suggests freshness, originality, and the creation of something valuable. (Developed by Intuit)
  7. Echo: Ideas that resonate, names that leave a lasting impression. (Developed Freight Shipping Solutions)
  8. Prism: Represents diverse perspectives, refracting ideas into the perfect name, multifaceted solutions. (Doesn't resolve)
  9. Lucid: Clarity, focus, bringing a vision into sharp definition through naming and domains. (Redirects to dynamo.com/assets ?)
  10. Zenith: Similar to "Apex," implies the absolute pinnacle or highest point of achievement. (Developed technology company)

Possible slogans:

Add some Flare?
Flare: Where domain names catch fire.
Flare: Your domain name won't be a dud. We promise.
Flare: We sell domain names, not regrettable pants.
Flare: Your brand's future depends on the right domain. Also, squirrels.

Found it on Atlas?
Atlas: Explore the world of brand names.
Atlas: Shrug off bad domain names like they're nothing.
Atlas: Your name, known everywhere.
Atlas: Like finding the right map to One Eyed Willie's treasure (but for brand names).

Atom: Find your perfect element.
Atom: The nucleus of your online identity.
Atom: Hypothesize. Test. Discover your perfect domain.
Atom: Your brand's formula for success starts here.
Atom spelled backwords is Mota! Mota means ______!

Do y'all think Flare.com or Atlas.com would make a better brand than Atom.com??

Last edited:
•••
After this change some landing page not working well.

•••
Asked Google Gemini

False. Here's why:
  • Atomic Structure and Domains: The word "atom" carries a sense of the smallest, indivisible unit of something. This concept mirrors how a domain name functions as the fundamental building block of a website or online presence.

Here's a breakdown of the associations that make "atom" an appealing choice for brands focused on domains and naming:
  • Small but Powerful: Atoms are tiny yet hold significant energy and potential. Likewise, a domain name or brand name seems simple but can be hugely impactful for online visibility and business success.
  • Potential for Combinations: Atoms combine to form complex molecules, just as a domain name can be combined with other elements of a website or brand to create a larger identity.
  • Scientific Connotations: The word "atom" carries a sense of discovery, innovation, and precision. These traits are desirable in the domain and naming industries, where finding the perfect name is both a science and an art.
Overall: The association is subtle, but it works on several levels. It aligns with the services provided while communicating ideas like:
  • Precision & Expertise: We utilize a careful, structured approach to find the perfect name.
  1. Spark: Evokes creativity, inspiration, and the ignition of an idea. (Developed Dating App)
  2. Forge: Suggests craftsmanship, shaping something powerful, and building a strong foundation. (Developed Financial Sector)
  3. Apex: Implies reaching the highest point, signifying premium domains or exceptional naming outcomes. (Developed IT services)
  4. Atlas: Conveys a sense of global reach, mapping the online world, and supporting discovery. (FOR SALE)
  5. Flare: Hints at brilliance, a name or domain that stands out and attracts attention. (FOR SALE)
  6. Mint: Suggests freshness, originality, and the creation of something valuable. (Developed by Intuit)
  7. Echo: Ideas that resonate, names that leave a lasting impression. (Developed Freight Shipping Solutions)
  8. Prism: Represents diverse perspectives, refracting ideas into the perfect name, multifaceted solutions. (Doesn't resolve)
  9. Lucid: Clarity, focus, bringing a vision into sharp definition through naming and domains. (Redirects to dynamo.com/assets ?)
  10. Zenith: Similar to "Apex," implies the absolute pinnacle or highest point of achievement. (Developed technology company)

Possible slogans:

Add some Flare?

Found it on Atlas?
Atlas: Like finding the right map to One Eyed Willie's treasure (but for brand names).

"There is no association between the word 'cake' and domains or naming or any related services"

Asked Google Gemini

False.

While "cake" itself isn't a technical term in the domain name world, it can be used for businesses related to cakes.

Here's why:

Business Names: Bakeries and cake makers often use "cake" in their business names. These names can then be used for their website domain names (e.g., "[invalid URL removed]").

Keywords: "Cake" is a relevant keyword for websites about cakes, even if it's not directly in the domain name itself.
So, while "cake" isn't a technical domain term, it is associated with businesses and websites related to cakes.

Last edited:
•••
"There is no association between the word 'cake' and domains or naming or any related services"

Touche! I guess this is as useful as the is it a hotdog "seeFood" app!

Prompt: Create funny slogans for the cake domain marketplace

Slightly cheeky:
  • "Cake.com: Your domain is our icing."
  • "Get a slice of the web with Cake.com."
  • "We've got domains sweeter than frosting."
Pun-tastic:
  • "Find your domain and eat it too! (At Cake.com)"
  • "Cake.com: Where domains are a piece of...well, cake."
  • "Tired of stale domains? Cake.com serves 'em fresh."
Over-the-top absurdity:
  • "Cake.com: Because every unicorn needs a domain."
  • "Your website's hungry. Feed it at Cake.com"
  • "Cake.com: Sprinkles not included (but your new domain is)."

Last edited:
•••
Asked Google Gemini

False. Here's why:

Possible slogans:

Add some Flare?

Found it on Atlas?

Spark.com would have been a good fit in the sense of "to spark an idea". Flare.com and Atlas.com are very poor fits. Here are some other ideas:

Start.com
Squad.com
Crowd.com
Brand.com

Squad.com would have been perfect.

•••
I’ve been with SH for a year or so. It would have been polite to send an email letting me know about the rebrand. Did anyone else get any communication about this to their inbox?

•••
Squadhelp is now atom? That is ok. I mean with the bad economy, everything is shrinking. They might grow back with better times.

•••
"Atom: where everything starts"? That's what those greeks thoughts. We know the atom came much later. Seriously a great upgrade and I like the name, when your name it Atom you don't need a reason, its like Uber, you don't need a reason.

I also think business wise it makes sense. Imagine trying to tell someone the importance of a domain when your domain is Squad Help? We got used to it, but for the average person it's a mediocre name at best. The word 'squad' has also been tainted for some people. I also think for the many old fashioned non modernized decision makers, they might feel more comfortable doing business with Atom than with Squad Help.

I have seen their video ads, it will look and sound better with Atom.

I am celebrating for them because they deserve it, they worked hard.

•••
It seems like Atom isn't the final choice for the business; let's hope they've found a better-suited name.

Last edited:
•••
Atom.com is a very good domain, very flexible, and it certainly works for a domain market platform.

The only issues I see are:
  • It's costly to re-brand. A lot of the equity of the previous brand is lost. Someone who's heard good things of SquadHelp two years ago (but never interacted with them) are more likely to interact with them the next time they're reminded of SquadHelp. But Atom is going to be something new and unfamiliar to them.
  • There's a ton of competition for the keyword atom. Wikipedia, different science related sites, different products and businesses with the keyword atom in them, etc.

•••
Its a stellar name no doubt. I always thought SquadHelp was a subpar name. However when by most accounts sales are very low not sure its the time to do this kind of spend.

Putting the actual name to the side—how will it actually benefit sellers? It seems more like a status/vanity thing than anything else.

•••
•••
Putting the actual name to the side—how will it actually benefit sellers? It seems more like a status/vanity thing than anything else.
It's a site for selling premium domains, using a non-premium name for their platform.

But like I noted, the road ahead isn't going to be easy. However, if they get passed that then it's going to be a smooth ride from there.

•••
There's a ton of competition for the keyword atom. Wikipedia, different science related sites, different products and businesses with the keyword atom in them, etc.
Agreed. They should probably rebrand to Atom.com because vast majority of people googling "Atom" would do it in science context and premium domains is such a small niche market that I doubt they will ever rank #1 for the keyword "atom" on Google.

•••
I have a theory.

SquadHelp will shift into fractional domain ownership sales. Hence the name Atom.

They are also looking to acquire Molecule.com or Compound.com for the wholesome domain sales as usual.

They are also looking into the sales of options for buying/selling fractional shares of domains. That site will be called String.com

•••
•••
15 minutes to log into my account since the change over.
I noticed the site does load much slower than I can ever recall. Maybe it was a time-of-day thing?

•••
I hope he conducts a detailed scientific study on the effects the re-branding on the ROI of his business and publish it everywhere and becomes a good reference for the effects of premium domain names.

Last edited:
•••
love Atom....I never use Squadhelp, does I spell it correct? main reason is it just a very complex name for me to remember and spell...(compare with Dan or Sav...u know what I means)..I believe Atom is much much better....best wish and good luck.

•••
Fantastic name, all the best to them.

•••
I’ve been with SH for a year or so. It would have been polite to send an email letting me know about the rebrand. Did anyone else get any communication about this to their inbox?
Joined around 2018. No heads-up about the rebrand in my inbox. At least the same username and password worked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back