IT.COM

discuss Special Discount for New Inquiry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
Sometimes when I receive an Inquiry, I say for example

The domain is for $10,000 but if you close the deal within one week I will give you special discount so the price will be $7000.

Is this a good way to motivate the potential buyer to close the deal quick? any other alternative negotiation techniques?

Thanks
Amro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My impression from that message would be that you were never serious about getting 10k for the name in the first place and so I would immediately be looking for a discount on the $7k offered - IMHO too large a discount and offered before buyer makes any commitment or offer on the 10k price.

•••
It's a relatively weak position to place yourself in at the beginning of negotiations. If you're already willing to discount the price without any discussion, why shouldn't the buyer continue pressing for (and expecting) lower and lower prices?

•••
You can use this move if you have exhausted your negotiations and have displayed similar sales etc. There is a lot to learn with the entire sales order of events asking for their offer or the negotiation this itself is an art form.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back