Dynadot

question Spamming and Domaining. One and the same?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Here's a good question I think. If this is a double thread. Mods please delete.

So it's easy enough to make a list of domains simply from using whois and creating a niche list of potential buyers for your domain. A list consisting of email addresses of domain owners who own domains containing the same keywords as yours.

Next step is to send them an email. It can be an email to sell them your domain via your landing page or send them to the auction for your domain.

The question is should you?

We are all domainers.
We all hustle.
If you own a domain and you are OPEN to selling it. You are a domainer.
maybe I am naive but I would hope to think that among domainers from domainers to domainers there should be a little "respect" of the "hustle".

I get tons of email from other domainers. Usually it is a freelancer hired as outsource to send out well "spam". I think they hire these "spammers" because there might be some legal protection in doing so. don't quote me on this. either that or these spammers are domainers just like us.

they are usually trying to sell us domains similar to our own just with an extra letter in front or at the end. or even domains we allowed to delete and now they have.

I can "respect" their hustle. If I am not interested, I simply send to spam box and done and done.

But I "suspect" there are more "colorful" domainers out there that would not just send to spam box but make it their vendetta to search out who or which domainer just sent them spam.

and then put them on blast on NP or any other domainer forum and ruin the domainer's rep.

I can see this happening and it's a big possibility.

I understand Spam is "unsolicited emails".

but let's say the email was marked with subject "domain for sale?"

and you opened it? well because you are domainer and you are here to sell domains.

and then you find out the body of the email is trying instead to sell you a domain?

can you honestly say it's spam?

I mean you opened it meaning regardless of the fact you don't recognize the email address and sent it straight to spam you still OPENED it.

is that a catch 22?

tricky right? People report spam all the time. and I wouldn't put it pass certain domainers who are competitors of others to throw other domainers under the bus if for no other reason to give themselves an EDGE.

so.....questions.

Is domaining spamming?
would you report a domainer spamming and just hustling?
would you put them on blast on NP?

Me? I'm kind. I don't really care about the emails. as I said I just send it to spam box. sometimes I open it if I like the domain. but I'd never report them or put them on blast on NP for doing so.

But that's me......

Let's see what you say.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This topic has been talked about many many times. Once more I guess.

•••
This topic has been talked about many many times. Once more I guess.

oh ok. I didn't see it. Please link me on here and leave this empty I guess. Or delete Mods? Thanks buddy.

•••
I would say usually bulk, unsolicited email is spam. Most of these pitches are coming from spam factories using cheap labor.

Not only do I get emails from people trying to sell complete garbage domains, I will often get 4-5 follow up emails looking for a response. That is without a doubt spam at that point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I would say usually bulk, unsolicited email is spam. Most of these pitches are coming from spam factories using cheap labor.

Not only do I get emails from people trying to sell complete garbage domains, I will often get 4-5 follow up emails looking for a response. That is without a doubt spam at that point.

Brad

Yea it's very annoying. But I wouldn't go out of my way to chase after them and blow up their spot on NP like that. But that's me. I bet there might be some who would.

If I ever did this, I'd just quit it at one email. Repeat ones is definitely grounds for blasting.

I think the key to email marketing is to give something useful for free to the one you are emailing to.

It is my hope to get an email subscriber list to well passively send emails to.

Still need to think of ideas on what free useful stuff to offer though.

Advertising ones domain auctions can get pretty expensive piecemeal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back