Dynadot

Spam through Name Silo contact form

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
Comments: "Hello, Want more clients and customers? We will help them find you by putting you on the 1st page of Google. Please reply to this message and we will prepare a special proposal for you. Thanks you very much "

It is up to you if you want to respond or not to this form

I'm starting to receive this type of message through the market place contact form. Does anyone else receive many of these unwanted messages, and how do you deal with them. At the moment I'm considering disabling the contact form for my sites, and only listing names with a BIN without offers. I can't think of a way to filter this spam, unless I install a ticket system and try to get potential buyers to use that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@namesilo FYI

I've not received any so far but I have very few listed atm on their LPs

•••
The contact form is quite useful, so I want to carry on using it if I can. If it is limited to just a couple of web design organisations, then I might just block them by name in the email content. That would allow genuine buyers to use the form without any disruption. I really like the Name Silo market place - it's extremely convenient for me, and it's a useful way for me to top up my account without getting involved in currency exchanges.

•••
I'm starting to receive this type of message through the market place contact form. Does anyone else receive many of these unwanted messages, and how do you deal with them. At the moment I'm considering disabling the contact form for my sites, and only listing names with a BIN without offers. I can't think of a way to filter this spam, unless I install a ticket system and try to get potential buyers to use that.

Hi @Kuffy , Can you please forward a sample of the spam messages you are receiving to [email protected]? We do our best to filter obvious spam, but when we can see examples of spam getting through then we can try to make further adjustments. Thanks

•••
The mail was from
[email protected]

lets hope she gets some spam from that posting. I might even report it to Google - does that do any good.

It looks as if a simple reply will send the mail to your support dept. so I'll do that now.

•••
Well that was a quick response and action. Thanks NS

•••
Hello I'm Arthur,

I'm creating an new WordPress site and got a message from Rosabel Edney from my blog's contact form.

I found this forum doing an "about" search on Google.

I will share the details, taken from my contact form below:

Name: Rosabel Edney

Email: edneyrosabel(at)gmail.com

Comment:

"Hello,
We are interested to increase traffic to your website, please get back to us in order to discuss the possibility in further detail. Please mention your phone number and suitable time to talk.
Warm Wishes"

Time: December 18, 2018 at 1:46 am

IP Address: 171.50.144.44

Contact Form URL: (omitted so as not to spam you)

Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.

I decided to join this forum and post this reply because there hasn't been any updates since 2017.

I hope you find this useful.

Nice picture Kuffy.

•••
All contact forms inevitably receive some spam. I’m pretty lucky in this regards and I have something like two dozen if not more contact forms across multiple sites some forums some blogs some e-commerce sites some other types of sites and then of course my domain selling website landing page contact us form but given all these I don’t get too much spam.

Anyway if you get no spam it means no one knows or cares about you. :xf.laugh: Spam is a sign that you’ve arrived! and have some traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Nice thought xynames,

In my case, I’ve arrived before publishing my first post.

Kind of makes me wonder - Arrived where?

I don’t know anything about selling or trading domains.

This seems like a good place to learn though.

•••
Nice thought xynames,

In my case, I’ve arrived before publishing my first post.

Kind of makes me wonder - Arrived where?

I don’t know anything about selling or trading domains.

This seems like a good place to learn though.
Beware, you might get the bug :xf.eek:

•••
Beware, you might get the bug :xf.eek:

Nice, I'll try not to touch anything.

Best Defense:

Don't responded and add as spam.

Can we get a shot for this? :xf.sick:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back