Domain Empire

Spam received on a mail that haven't been used on registering domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I received one of those infamous spammy emails from a domainer selling his domain but with one difference:

the email I got the spam on has never been used on registering domains. It is the email I use to contact parking services and when I contact people personally (ie. when using my real name instead of a username)

Question is:
how could have said individual found that email?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Possibly one domain you have (maybe at one of your unusual registrars) - you forgot to update the whois and it defaulted to the info you have on file?

Otherwise you would have to have submitted this email somewhere that made its way on to "the list" or they just happened to find you by spamming random emails.

•••
Possibly one domain you have (maybe at one of your unusual registrars) - you forgot to update the whois and it defaulted to the info you have on file?

Otherwise you would have to have submitted this email somewhere that made its way on to "the list" or they just happened to find you by spamming random emails.

I know what you're saying but that's nearly impossible. I don't use that email address on registrars, I use it only to contact parking services and when I personally contact people.

I have a strict usage with my email addresses to avoid spamming and that's the first email of that kind I have received on that particular email address.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back