Dynadot

Spam Cannibal Blacklist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I'm not 100% sure what this all means but I thought I would run a blacklist check on some domains I have at MXToolbox.

Some of the domains came back as being blacklisted by Spam Cannibal (never heard of them before until earlier today). At this stage, much of what followed was gobbledygook to me but the gist of it seems to be that the IP address that caused the blacklisting is assigned to my Domain Registrar.

So, I contacted them and they couldn't see why the domains were blacklisted as there wasn't any content on any of the domains. They also said that a possible likely reason for the problem was as a result of activity by a "bogus spam catcher"......way over my head at this point.

They suggested that I contacted Spam Cannibal and explain that as there is no content on the domains I request the blacklisting be removed as there can't be spam without content (apparently there are about 80 similar organisations to Spam Cannibal - the domains have only been blacklisted by Spam Cannibal though).

They also said that a blacklisting like this should not effect any potential sales, if I was looking to sell them. However, I want to resolve this.

Has anyone come across this before? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Frank

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back