Dynadot

advice Faillisted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I have 4 domains parked at Bodis that are faillisted. 2 for spam and 2 for impersonation??!!

I checked all 4 on archive.org and in SEM rush before buying and I checked blacklisting as well and they were clean.

On a second check, only one had something slightly dodgy (adult content) that I missed the first time, the others look fine. I checked them all on several blacklist searches, including google blacklist searches and they all come up CLEAN, but on Bodis, they say faillisted.

1.Where can I do a RELIABLE check, that will give the same result as bodis before buying a domain?
2. If I put content on those domains, I presume they wont show in google, but will they show in other search engines?
3. Will they just become unblacklisted with new content, or will I have to fight to get them unblacklisted?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
1. Nowhere. Even the parking services can't reliably show you the status of a domain prior to setting it up for parking.
From time to time you will see domains, that show clean on a Bodis status check, getting flagged immediately after getting them parked. That's because they get re-classified by G as soon as they start getting feeds.

2. Afaik, parking flags and SEO flags are different things. A faillisted domain doesn't necessarily mean that won't rank if it gets proper content.

3. Not a seo man so I can't advise.

All in all, if you buy domains for parking only, you shouldn't worry too much for the faillisting thing. Sometimes it even gets away by itself.
eg. I dropped a domain a few months ago because, despite its good traffic, it earned peanuts due to being faillisted.
Someone else got it and I noticed the domain suddenly got clean and showed proper ads. That guy is a very lucky individual indeed lol. The traffic of the domain is superb, it was only the FL thing that made it suck.
Stuff like that happen in parking.

•••
•••
1. Nowhere. Even the parking services can't reliably show you the status of a domain prior to setting it up for parking.
From time to time you will see domains, that show clean on a Bodis status check, getting flagged immediately after getting them parked. That's because they get re-classified by G as soon as they start getting feeds.

2. Afaik, parking flags and SEO flags are different things. A faillisted domain doesn't necessarily mean that won't rank if it gets proper content.

3. Not a seo man so I can't advise.

All in all, if you buy domains for parking only, you shouldn't worry too much for the faillisting thing. Sometimes it even gets away by itself.
eg. I dropped a domain a few months ago because, despite its good traffic, it earned peanuts due to being faillisted.
Someone else got it and I noticed the domain suddenly got clean and showed proper ads. That guy is a very lucky individual indeed lol. The traffic of the domain is superb, it was only the FL thing that made it suck.
Stuff like that happen in parking.
Thanks, so it sounds like there is hope if I put good content on them. Good to know!

•••
I have 4 domains parked at Bodis that are faillisted. 2 for spam and 2 for impersonation??!!
I'm testing these parking platform for getting some data. I've inserted some sites and got two of them with this faillisted status. Checked again a couple of days later and they were listed normally, faillisted status gone.

•••
I'm testing these parking platform for getting some data. I've inserted some sites and got two of them with this faillisted status. Checked again a couple of days later and they were listed normally, faillisted status gone.
Ok, good to know, thanks

•••
Back