NameSilo

registries Sorry Google, The .XYZ Registry is Not For Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gian

Domain Search EngineEstablished Member
Impact
Reuters.com, is reporting, despite some rumors in the domain space that the .XYZ registry is going to be bought by Google, after its purchase of abc.xyz, the CEO of the .XYZ registry said today its not for sale.
Source: TheDomains.com

Do you all think Google really wants to buy .XYZ registry?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is just a PR stunt from XYZ to get more publicity.. The media coverage of the Google purchase died down already and they need to keep up the hype going to sell some more .xyz domains. This is just my opinion based on my waking up brain and nothing else :)

•••
•••
If google buy .xyz, probably the webmasters and SEO masters on the world would be believe that website with .xyz domain would be have a good rank on search engine, maybe. Just my opinion.

•••
Now I am trying to anticipate Negari's next publicity stunt: probably he will announce a hostile takeover bid of Google or something similar.
Or he will register 100 million domains in his own TLD in order to inflate the zone count even further.

•••
Google already has many of their own extensions with more on the way. Do we really think they car about .XYZ other then the CUTE domain name for their Alphabet holding company?

I very much doubt that they have interest in the extension.
I am sure they can see through the BS of inflated numbers (given away domains) and realize that its just one of the band of many extensions out there.

Just my thoughts.
Cheers

•••
If google buy .xyz, probably the webmasters and SEO masters on the world would be believe that website with .xyz domain would be have a good rank on search engine, maybe. Just my opinion.

Then, .com will be ended.

•••
•••
I need to start a rumor that Google does not want to buy Satellite.tv for $5 million.

•••
•••
It appears to cause pain when someone says that is ending the reign of the .com's xd

•••
One day .XYZ will be SO BIG that XYZ will buy ABC (Google).

•••
Before: Content is King
After: TLD is King
LOL

•••
Daniel (ceo.xyz), take the money and run!!! :D
the CEO of the .XYZ registry said today its not for sale.

•••
Expect many brain farts when it comes to the .xyz extension ....

•••
•••
Now I am trying to anticipate Negari's next publicity stunt: probably he will announce a hostile takeover bid of Google or something similar.
Or he will register 100 million domains in his own TLD in order to inflate the zone count even further.
lol. you never know what could happen

•••
Does anyone actually invest on .xyz domain after google get abc.xyz?

•••
I currently not (yet), just wait and see if this is good for investment.

•••

"Invest" would infer that it is a known entity with some known or established value in which to measure. The best that we can do with any of these nTLDs is speculate/gamble and hope they turn out to turn a profit.

Just a point of view
Cheers

•••
I actually wonder if .xyz worth or not for invesment. I think .XYZ sound familiar for all people even non-domainer, but I am not sure it will be a good for profit.

•••
•••
Sorry Google, .Hockey is not for sale.

•••
Maybe the rumors are true.
Maybe google can only rely on .xyz only by owning it. Maybe they are afraid .xyz will die before the alphabet project will start .lol

•••
Indeed .EM ....lol.
Do know .lol is in the meantime also an extention.
Who does know 1.000 extentions by heart ???? I think .xyz makes so much promotion for "visibility"-resons among the other hundreds of ne extentions..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back