Dynadot

Someone wanna give me a little backup here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Masahiro (on these forums) has posted a comment at my blog:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=14552106&postID=112726451743361207

It had an advertisement at the bottom, sneaking it in knowing that to remove the ad I would have to remove the whole post.

Now that I deleted his advertisement, he's threatening to seek "legal advice", just cause I removed a COMMENT on MY BLOG! :zzz: I mean c'mon guy... grow up!

And I don't care if you're reading this, Masahiro, since this is completely ridiculous, but I would just like to know ... should I just keep deleting his comments?

Btw, if Google approves the use of a domain I got, I can finally BAN you from my blog... I mean HONESTLY ... this is getting stupid.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just remove my comment, OK?

As it's my comment, it's my property, and I request that you either link to me in return for me taking time to write the comment, or delete it completley from your site. And don't think I am making false threats over contacting a legal professional, as I can and will if it's not removed in the next few days.

Just do as I have asked, please.

•••
By submitting the comment you knew it was going to be on the site, i think your just being immature MASH.

•••
I'm not going to remove the comment. Where are you going to get the money from a lawyer?

•••
Masahiro said:
Just remove my comment, OK?

As it's my comment, it's my property, and I request that you either link to me in return for me taking time to write the comment, or delete it completley from your site. And don't think I am making false threats over contacting a legal professional, as I can and will if it's not removed in the next few days.

Just do as I have asked, please.

You have no legal right over his blog. He could block your IP today from even visiting his blog and you wouldent have a leg to stand on as far as the law is concerned. You must be be a complete imbicile, a web novice or extremely rusty with matters relating to law because you have absolutely no say in how this person runs their website. I recommend that you take such action as to block this persons IP because they are obviously incompetent when it comes to the internet and they have to resort to empty (or baseless, which ever you prefer) legal threats in order to falsely promote their own website. If such as case was put in front of a judge now I can guarantee 100% that it would be thrown out - im pretty sure the judge would get a laugh out of it too. If anyone had a legal case here, it would be the webmaster - for harassment if nothing else.

Last edited:
•••
:lol: I think he would indeed :) If Google grants me permission for the domain (so I can host the blog on my server) I will be able to block his IP. Thanks Flaresolutions!

•••
As long as you have a T.O.S. stating that you allow them to post to your site with no advertisements and that all content becomes the property of your site then he would have no legal recourse. However if you have not clearly stated this then it would be best for you to remove the post completely as it is still his original content. He would retain all legal rights to the content. I would just remove the posts and be done with it.

•••
That content does not "belong to you" Masahiro, so stop being imature and get over it. You would be laughed out of any court for bringing something as pathetic up there.

•••
Don't worry about it, CompuXP... Legal issues aside, the money this guy would have to lay down just to get a lawyer to write the C&D would be a rediculously stupid move. Especially when he finds out that after he drops all the $$$ for the lawyer's letter, all you would have to do is erase the post and the situation would be over... Very little off your back, and a nice investment on his part... lol...

It's funny how many people don't get their way and quickly say "Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer!"...

•••
slantednet said:
Don't worry about it, CompuXP... Legal issues aside, the money this guy would have to lay down just to get a lawyer to write the C&D would be a rediculously stupid move. Especially when he finds out that after he drops all the $$$ for the lawyer's letter, all you would have to do is erase the post and the situation would be over... Very little off your back, and a nice investment on his part... lol...

It's funny how many people don't get their way and quickly say "Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer!"...
I think Mashiro should have a look at this...my say...why would you post a comment if you want it to be removed?! :s

•••
admans said:
I think Mashiro should have a look at this...my say...why would you post a comment if you want it to be removed?! :s

I think Mashiro posted a comment with an ad in it, OP removed ad, now Mashiro wants whole post removed (his stance="no ad, no post")..

Edit: Just noticed how old our lawsuit-threatening friend is... guess this is all a moot issue now, huh?

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to grade 3 everyone.

I can't believe a thread like this is even on a professional forum.
Settle it in the school yard.

•••
I have PM'ed our little young and immature friend
explaining the truths regarding copyright and ownership of his comments
If you are having any more trouble here, PM one of the MODS

•••
HHDomains said:
Welcome to grade 3 everyone.

I can't believe a thread like this is even on a professional forum.
Settle it in the school yard.

Can't say better.. and it's not the first thread from the school yard.

•••
I DID PM a mod but he didn't reply. So, I posted it publically. I know this is a stupid thing to bring up in a pro forum, but I just wanted this guy off my back...

Btw, thanks for moving this to NEWBIES :alien:

•••
Well Ive also had some trouble with this Masahiro character... I agree with compuXP

But I must say this sort of thing should be left in PM's or even get the Admins involved, do not post like this... Just my opinion...

•••
As I mentioned, I DID send a PM, but got no response.

•••
I'm sure with all our comments, Masahiro will realise how silly it all is and will just forget about it. I don't think one mod's opinion could open his eyes magically.

Oh well, as long as it's all over and done with now...(and I can see why the legal profession is so profitable...)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back