domains Someone screwed up and let PAA.com drop – Owned by General Electric

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
CSC Global describes themselves as: As the world's leading corporate domain name registrar, CSC is the only company in the unique position to offer the most innovative, next generation domain management and security solutions, coupled with online brand and fraud protection. The domain name Paa.com was registered with them: Domain Name: PAA.COM Registry Domain ID: … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Already at $60k. I can see this going for $100k but keep in mind, that’s a high end price. I’d rather invest in a pronounceable LLL than this...

•••
One thing is certain, the new owner will not be hiring CSC to protect their domain.

•••
Ironically, PAA Laboratories lost a UDRP complaint regarding paa.com back in 2004:

https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0338.html

Since PAA eventually got the domain, they probably paid a substantial amount of money for it. But after GE Healthcare took over PAA in 2011, it seems like they didn't use it anymore.

Still strange, though. I don't recall having seen CSC let such a high value domain expire before.

Edit: Just saw @GreatBrand.in's post below. So I guess it is not that unusual anyway.

Last edited:
•••
It was done intentionally by the GE management. They dropped many domains (3L, 4L and several GE associated names) from their portfolio. This was also reported by @DInvesting. Thanks

•••
So the company that got over a 120 billion dollars in bailout funds throws assets like this away without trying to sell?

•••
GE downhill spiral “divest assets” for a while.

One way to “divest” without getting paid :-P

Samer

Last edited:
•••
To my knowledge, CSC is quite serious on this matter, so you can bet that if they have let the domain expire is by owner's instructions, not by CSC fault.
CSC cannot renew the domain, if the owner doesn't want to renew.
Otherwise, that would mean the immediate firing of the manager of that portfolio, as far as I know.

•••
To my knowledge, CSC is quite serious on this matter, so you can bet that if they have let the domain expire is by owner's instructions, not by CSC fault.
CSC cannot renew the domain, if the owner doesn't want to renew.
Otherwise, that would mean the immediate firing of the manager of that portfolio, as far as I know.

you have to assume they kept CSC?
they always “cut costs”... Beware.
Good old American icon.. how mighty fallen : (
they sold G.E. lighting.. lol cant this company..
they lost their way; who knows if PencilPusher you know how many CEOs they’ve had?

i’m surprised they had the insight have / keep
Wow! GE Stock is $11.00 maybe i’d buy

Last edited:
•••
So the company that got over a 120 billion dollars in bailout funds throws assets like this away without trying to sell?

If sold they will need to pay taxes on the domains sold and their final price.
If not sold, whatever amount they paid for the domain (I'm no tax expert) can it be consider a tax deduction of the full or partial amount?

If so. what amount would be reported as a loss? The paid price? or the relative value of the domain factoring in inflation or whatever

like if a domain was bought in 2011 for $100,000 then if it dropped today it should be worth $500,000 in tax deductions?

or even better.

they let it go. It goes to auction someone does pay $500,000 for it at auction.

That sale is then reported to IRS as the "loss". Someone else paid $500,000 but GE benefits from the $500,000 loss deduction?

again no expert here. but is the above possible?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
They also caught LTU.com which is at auction as well.

•••
I would say 2020 is turning out to be a great year for Dropcatch.

•••

They think it's just an "internet thing" why would they know it was worth more than a porsche?

•••
They think it's just an "internet thing" why would they know it was worth more than a porsche?

Yeah, you domainers should just stop "playing computers" and find real jobs like grandma said.

•••
They also caught LTU.com which is at auction as well.

Still not paid for I think. Epara.com on third time getting auctioned and no pay, $11,000 needs to be paid for last time around.

•••
It was done intentionally by the GE management. They dropped many domains (3L, 4L and several GE associated names) from their portfolio. This was also reported by @DInvesting. Thanks
Can't believe they would just let them drop.

•••
1.5 million covid deaths how many owned domains are going to be dropped. This was a employee screw up but this is going to happen more often working from home without the domain reminder may have caused this.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great companies use great domain names

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back