Dynadot

Someone mass-clicked my ads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got accepted into adsense yesterday, and I got 5 clicks. Well today I got 39, so I'm assuming someone mass-clicked the ads. I contacted Google about it and asked them to remove those clicks and the money I earned from them. Is there anything else I should do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well that was the best you can do ... in addition to that you can look in the stats to see the ip's visited on your site ... if you have the script installed you can view user's visited your website and what they did ... and if you find the user in there who made the clicks ... ban that ip.

If you don't have that script install that log script :)

•••
Ok I'll try that. I hope Google can clear this up soon...But I hope they leave the money for the legit clicks in my account

•••
Well, I don't have any additional suggestions for you SRB.
But please keep us updated on what Google says!

•••
So far they haven't replied. Hopefully they will before the weekend so I don't have to wait until monday.

•••
This is something I've always wondered. What if someone wants to cause problems for a site by doing the above scenario?

Please keep us updated as this is an issue many of us could deal with at one point or another.

•••
Some companies get their employees to click on their competitors ads on purpose to make them lose money.

•••
There's actually a huge article on click fraud "ruining" the internet posted in the domain discussion forum about mass clicks. It's a shame someone would try to use this technique against their competitors but there's always someone trying to ruin things for everyone else.

•••
This happened to me twice with AdSense. Both times I had contacted them about the sudden increase of clicks. No reply and two days later my account becomes suspended.

•••
Hi All,
I feel this is a serious concern..

•••
Please keep us updated on what Google says! I really want to know!

•••
You stated you had 5 clicks the first day, then 39 the second. Since I would imagine the first day was a 'partial' day. One would detect click fraud better by looking at the click through rate, and seeing if that was out of line.

Just my 2¢.....

•••
Yes, why the cause for the initial concern? Maybe you site is getting a good amount of traffic and real people are clikcing on the ads. I think you jumped the gun. Wait a few more days and see if the clicks have leveled off or nosedived. If the former, write Google back and say that it looks legit. If the latter, then you have done the correct thing.

•••
I think I'd be concerned as well, generating that many clicks in two days?

spikedo said:
Yes, why the cause for the initial concern? Maybe you site is getting a good amount of traffic and real people are clikcing on the ads. I think you jumped the gun. Wait a few more days and see if the clicks have leveled off or nosedived. If the former, write Google back and say that it looks legit. If the latter, then you have done the correct thing.

•••
dgridley said:
I think I'd be concerned as well, generating that many clicks in two days?

I would only be concerned If I was only recieving a few hundred impressions, but if gettings thousands of impressions I wouldn't worry about it all that much.

•••
I got banned from adsense when my dumbass friend clicked on my banner 700 times in one day thinking he was doing be a favor...

•••
Taylor Hewitt said:
I got banned from adsense when my dumbass friend clicked on my banner 700 times in one day thinking he was doing be a favor...

Lolx :hehe:

•••
EDIT :)
Still no reply from Google. :)

Last edited:
•••
Whoa.... I asked you to take a look at your CTR....Not to disclose it here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those stats are not to be disclosed according to the TOS.

But based on the info, vaiance of .8 to 2.1 shouldn't be a huge red flag....just something you will want to trend, especially as you try different ad placement, etc.

•••
Ok I edited it out...thanks for letting me know about that.

•••
Well they just now replied.

They basically said we'll monitor it blah blah...

•••
Taylor Hewitt said:
Some companies get their employees to click on their competitors ads on purpose to make them lose money.
this one is what i suspected also

•••
I wish they would've just removed the earnings from...

I mean, they're still in my account and I still have to worry about it when I get to payout

•••
woah. This is an insightful thread. Now i know cannot anyhow ask people to click the ads. :)

•••
Mayur said:
This happened to me twice with AdSense. Both times I had contacted them about the sudden increase of clicks. No reply and two days later my account becomes suspended.

Same problme here. Went to sleep at night. and in morning. I got 130 clicks on ads.

Next day even before they read my email they banned me.

I think google should have something for this kind of situation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back